ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Ryan Video

tuggerjug

Feb 24, 2016
Wash DC
http://www.flowrestling.org/video/1...uestions-about-bo-jordans-health#.WJjs6ZMrKt8

This is full interview after the match - go to about 3:20 of it and he answers question about why his son and Bo were out of the line up. He answers about his son simply "Nolf at 57 is a tough guy to deal with" then goes on to explain strategy which doesn't really make sense. On one hand he talks about needing to win at 141 in order to have a chance and suggests that he would have wrestled those guys but then says about Bo that he re-injured his ankle and it is wise to keep him out til Big 10s...

I'm OK with coach making call that injured wrestler should sit out if there's further risk of damage - they are with these guys 24/7 so I give him benefit of the doubt but to sit his best kid (his son nonetheless) because the opponent is "tough to deal with"???? thats pitiful and is totally hypocritical of his mantra of "grow the sport".

Is his son injured or did he just decide to save him from getting thrashed. If you're going to coach your son, you can't be afraid to send him out there against the tough guys, can you?

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/1...uestions-about-bo-jordans-health#.WJjs6ZMrKt8

This is full interview after the match - go to about 3:20 of it and he answers question about why his son and Bo were out of the line up. He answers about his son simply "Nolf at 57 is a tough guy to deal with" then goes on to explain strategy which doesn't really make sense. On one hand he talks about needing to win at 141 in order to have a chance and suggests that he would have wrestled those guys but then says about Bo that he re-injured his ankle and it is wise to keep him out til Big 10s...

I'm OK with coach making call that injured wrestler should sit out if there's further risk of damage - they are with these guys 24/7 so I give him benefit of the doubt but to sit his best kid (his son nonetheless) because the opponent is "tough to deal with"???? thats pitiful and is totally hypocritical of his mantra of "grow the sport".

Hey Tom, how come you didn't throw your son to the Wolf (aka the Nolf)?"

Note: Ryan talked about the Pletcher match (141) not 157 when he was asked about it. Also, note that when Ryan was asked about 157 and 174, both Ryan and Snyder started covering or wiping their mouths -- often a non-verbal indication that (a) they don't want to answer a question truthfully or (b) a lie is forthcoming. See article below:

http://psychologia.co/signs-of-lying-in-body-language/

Yes, Tom talked for about 15 minutes, and was generally very chatty, except when responding about his son. On the 157 topic he said about 8 words and then then very quickly moved to away from that to discuss Bo. It was pretty obvious he was not comfortable discussing it. Very strange.

I've just assumed Ryan is either losing his spot in the lineup or is being given a break to clear his head. Given the uncertainty about the future in a such a circumstance, it would be natural for Tom to not provide details.

It could be that Ryan is winning in the room, but he has been abysmal on the mat. Certainly regressed from the level of a guy who cracked the Top 10 last season. The coaching staff could be trying other options right now, or creating an opportunity for Ryan to step back and hit the reset button.

Whether it was one of those scenarios or a bona fide ducking, I really don't care about Nolf not getting Ryan the other night. Everyone knows the outcome would have been the same.

Anyone see DeCarlo in a neck brace or similar last night? I noticed Powell was in at 157. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT