ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Transfer big man Yanic Konan Niederhauser commits to Penn State

Have to assume we're done at the 5 position, but I really have no idea who will see the bulk of the minutes next year. Neither of the guys we signed seem like "plug and play" options (like Wahab was), and you don't see many freshman 5's starting out of the gate. Seems we have some more depth now (and Yanic could certainly fit in defensively out of the gate, though he had some issues with fouling), but will be interesting to see where it lands. I dreamed of landing an impact big, but those guys are really tough to get since everyone wants them.

Reactions: indynittany
Hope whoever on the staff that worked with Wahab gets right to work with this young man. He shows some athleticism but playing 5 in the B10 requires more physicality than what showed up on his highlights. Wahab was kinda plug and play, but he improved a good bit. Niederhauser isn't as experienced in the U.S. game but it's great he has 2 years of eligibility. Seems like a great fit to the roster.

Reactions: NC2017
This guy averages 5 points a game why would we even want him
He was the 13th best shot blocker in the country, so I'm guess the thought would be that his most immediate contribution is at the defensive end, and that the offensive game can continue to be developed.

Hope whoever on the staff that worked with Wahab gets right to work with this young man. He shows some athleticism but playing 5 in the B10 requires more physicality than what showed up on his highlights. Wahab was kinda plug and play, but he improved a good bit. Niederhauser isn't as experienced in the U.S. game but it's great he has 2 years of eligibility. Seems like a great fit to the roster.

agree, Wahab took a big leap.

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT