ADVERTISEMENT

Tyreese Fearbry Decommits

My sister is a Pitt alum and hangs out on the pay board over there. She said, per posters on the pay side, Fearbry’s family wants him to get away from the city for school. If he was upset about DDS, he wasn’t paying attention. Plus there are two sides to the line. And lots of rotations (playing time).
He was just offered by Tennessee today.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Yes it was bad info. The OP came back and apologized for his mix up of Fisher and Fearbry but by then it was too late.
I think the mods may have removed the original post but I wonder if, in cases like that, it would be better to nuke the entire thread?🤷‍♂️
Its unfortunate because it was an honest mistake but then the game of telephone begins...
Actually, it looks like it is still there. If it helps the mods at all, it is post #37 in this "Tyreese Fearbry Decommits" thread...not sure how far to trace the related responses from there without assessing each individual post, but perhaps it is possible?

Actually, it looks like it is still there. If it helps the mods at all, it is post #37 in this "Tyreese Fearbry Decommits" thread...not sure how far to trace the related responses from there without assessing each individual post, but perhaps it is possible?
Thanks I thought it had been removed I guess I didnt' go back far enough.
Unfortunately I don't think they have enough mods to catch these when they happen. Not sure what the solution is.
I just hate seeing a kid get trashed over an honest mistake.

The rumors I’ve heard is his Sister wants him to go to school at home. Mom wants him to go away and get away from the kids in his neighborhood. Supposedly, he was upset when we recruited the 5* DE. He wants early playing time at DE. At his weight I don’t see that happening anywhere!
i.e. Mom wants him out of the HOOD. i.e. Oakland/Pitt........

Thanks I thought it had been removed I guess I didnt' go back far enough.
Unfortunately I don't think they have enough mods to catch these when they happen. Not sure what the solution is.
I just hate seeing a kid get trashed over an honest mistake.
I guess everyone could go back and report it as bad info?

Reactions: BBrown
So the kid goes to ASWP's game yesterday and soon thereafter commits to anther school. Yeah, I can see that.

This kid is in my hall of fame. Guest at the Pitt game and walks away and commits to Kentucky......priceless.

I'd actually pay money, $0.73, to know whether he was considering ASWP and whether their performance had any bearing on his decision.

This kid is in my hall of fame. Guest at the Pitt game and walks away and commits to Kentucky......priceless.
Didn’t a kid commit somewhere from the sideline of the opponent before? Hosted by one school, committed to the other. That’s all world there, if it happened.

Reactions: hlstone and brupsu

Levis!

jerry-newman-yes.gif

Supposedly Fearsby was at the pitt game on Saturday. He committed to Kentucky shortly thereafter. He thinks he is a stud and probably didn't want to compete with the superb Penn State DL recruits.

This recruitment is far from over. I am guessing 2 weeks he will be decommitting from KU. I still think he ends up at Pitt.
You could be right. It seems that he is too skittish to play for a big time football program. He may well end up with the pitters and their gaggle of MAC level recruits.

Last edited:
Stoops is recruiting well at Kentucky and Lexington is a great town (it's basketball crazy, but their football fans show up when they're playing well; a buddy of mine went there when Tim Couch was the QB and we saw them play SoCar - world class talent everywhere my friends). It's a weird choice though for a kid from Western PA. File under 'Dodged Bullet' for Penn State.

Reactions: Grass
Stoops is recruiting well at Kentucky and Lexington is a great town (it's basketball crazy, but their football fans show up when they're playing well; a buddy of mine went there when Tim Couch was the QB and we saw them play SoCar - world class talent everywhere my friends). It's a weird choice though for a kid from Western PA. File under 'Dodged Bullet' for Penn State.

Their administration at least seems to understand a couple vital things:
-UK is a basketball school
-UK is doing good to have a winning record; 9-10 win seasons are gravy
-there will be down years playing in the SEC and changing coaches every 3 does nothing but waste money

Their administration at least seems to understand a couple vital things:
-UK is doing good to have a winning record; 9-10 win seasons are gravy
-there will be down years playing in the SEC and changing coaches every 3 does nothing but waste money
stoops good name for sec recruting LOL

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841
Didn’t a kid commit somewhere from the sideline of the opponent before? Hosted by one school, committed to the other. That’s all world there, if it happened.

I remember something like that when Oregon won at Michigan a while ago.

I don't know if he did then but he has now.
I kind of feel sorry for the kid, his family and friends are waaayyy too involved.
I also expect him to decommit before signing day.
I think people are underselling how talented this kid is. And I definitely don't think he's lost his PSU offer.
I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up on PSU campus again this fall. And I'd be even more shocked if he didn't end up on Pitt's campus again. No chance his recruitment is over and I'm sure Penn State will keep checking in on him.

This recruitment is far from over. I am guessing 2 weeks he will be decommitting from KU. I still think he ends up at Pitt.
Watched a little bit of a recruiting video with Bohn earlier- he had the same thoughts - this kid's recruitment is far from over and PSU is still in the mix. Bohn fully expects him to decommitt from Kentucky and look at either Pitt or Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT