ADVERTISEMENT

UFC 300

I See Eww GIF by Arrow Video

They'll have to do some mopping after that fight.

Some really good fights so far. Only about 30/ 40 minutes until Bo cleans up. $300k bonuses from Dana for UFC 300. $$$

Reactions: mcpat
Ufc ppv is like 80 dollars
Kayla Harrison is stronger looking then 60 percent of males
Let's see if Bo wants to get his feet wet in the standup or just go straight grappling.

Reactions: mcpat
Bo has more upside than Chael Sonnen ever had, until Chael took every PED known to man.

Disappointed it went to the second.

Just kidding, Bo dominated and the result was known 30 seconds in, just a matter of when.

Reactions: creamery freak
Bo doesn't need to be hard on himself.

Bo also didn't need to be the PPV opener of a milestone event

Last edited:
Reactions: PASLP2
charles oliveara is one of my favorite fighters ever

guy is just dangerous and well rounded, a dog and what a fight

Last edited:
My favorite fighter coming up now. Justin Gaethje is an absolute beast plus he’s a wrestling AA from University of northern Colorado. Should be a great fight. Max Holloway is a legend as well

Not sure what the booing was about? Bo was disappointed in himself yet won fairly easily. Wonder if he gets a top 15 opportunity next?

I think the booing was mostly about MMA fans believing Bo hasn’t yet earned these spots on the main card. Hard to disagree with them.

I also think Bo’s JB rant didn’t do himself any favors with fans.

Reactions: NLB_Six
I think the booing was mostly about MMA fans believing Bo hasn’t yet earned these spots on the main card. Hard to disagree with them.

I also think Bo’s JB rant didn’t do himself any favors with fans.
So how many fights does a fighter need to earn the main card? Bo has 6 so far, does he need 10? And since he actually was on the main card at fight 6, I can't imagine him not being on the main card for fight 7?

So how many fights does a fighter need to earn the main card? Bo has 6 so far, does he need 10? And since he actually was on the main card at fight 6, I can't imagine him not being on the main card for fight 7?
It’s not so much how many fights you have as it is have you beaten anyone. Bo hasn’t beaten anyone. There were ranked guys, former champs, on the undercard. Bo hasn't been matched up with anyone anywhere close to being ranked yet. He's being served sure wins against nobodies.

5 fights seems a bit light, but the main event winner has had 11, so it's certainly possible for a star--but yeah, I don't think Bo "earned" that slot based on who he's beaten. Then again, it's not a meritocracy really--Dana's word is what makes it happen. I think Dana having a talk with Bo after the fight was about Bo's reaction to his performance. White is a salesman, and public self-criticism probably isn't part of his playbook.

I doubt the JB thing moved the needle at all for 90% of the fans in that arena--maybe 95%. Freestyle wrestling fandom is such a tiny fraction of UFC fandom. Contributing: MMA fans in general don't seem to like seeing dominant top wrestling for long without other types of fireworks.

Look at me, I'm trying to be an MMA expert now--I'm way out of my lane. But those are my thoughts....

5 fights seems a bit light, but the main event winner has had 11, so it's certainly possible for a star--but yeah, I don't think Bo "earned" that slot based on who he's beaten. Then again, it's not a meritocracy really--Dana's word is what makes it happen. I think Dana having a talk with Bo after the fight was about Bo's reaction to his performance. White is a salesman, and public self-criticism probably isn't part of his playbook.

I doubt the JB thing moved the needle at all for 90% of the fans in that arena--maybe 95%. Freestyle wrestling fandom is such a tiny fraction of UFC fandom. Contributing: MMA fans in general don't seem to like seeing dominant top wrestling for long without other types of fireworks.

Look at me, I'm trying to be an MMA expert now--I'm way out of my lane. But those are my thoughts....
I don't think I have a full knowledge of MMA basically, but if fans want stand up brawling, then maybe they should head over to boxing or street fighting? Until they take wrestling and grappling and ground and pound out of the sport, there will be bouts like last nights Bo bout. Just my two cents.

And if Dana wants to shut people up then why not go get a ranked opponent next time for Bo. Unless of course they feel he is not ready, or he wants to keep the hype train on track with another "nobody"?

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU

Only ever watched while spinning the dial late at nite. I always loved boxing but always thought of MMA as exhibit #2 for mental dimming of America. Now that I have proven myself both old and out of touch, I guess that I’m gonna have to start watching as Bo is must see (always was and always will be). I assume MMA is like the other pro sports where the owners bilk the fans for big bucks and let the combat folks cover their own medical bills when they become old.

Only ever watched while spinning the dial late at nite. I always loved boxing but always thought of MMA as exhibit #2 for mental dimming of America. Now that I have proven myself both old and out of touch, I guess that I’m gonna have to start watching as Bo is must see (always was and always will be). I assume MMA is like the other pro sports where the owners bilk the fans for big bucks and let the combat folks cover their own medical bills when they become old.
It's doubtful anyone will make me a real MMA fan--but I'll always be a Bo fan. And I enjoyed last night's fights way more than I thought I would. Some incredible warriors in that sport, capable and willing to take massive abuse until their time to strike presents itself. Wrestling is still much better, though, IMO.

It's doubtful anyone will make me a real MMA fan--but I'll always be a Bo fan. And I enjoyed last night's fights way more than I thought I would. Some incredible warriors in that sport, capable and willing to take massive abuse until their time to strike presents itself. Wrestling is still much better, though, IMO.
And that’s why Bo is on the main card. People like you and me bought the PPV only because he was on it.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed freestyle and folk style wrestling fans seem pretty damn smart to pretty dumb.

Fifty fifty ish. MMA fans tend idiocracy levels of dumb . Not all but many are idiots at a higher level than average for sports fandom .
So I live in a very rural area in Appalachia. We have a county fairground that is occasionally used for MMA wannabes. I was up at the fairgrounds to collect cattle auction proceeds and decided to checkout the combat action. They have this big ass tattoo laden guy (yeah …. cauliflower ears too) taking on all comers. I watched him flatten 3 young men who were probably former football players. Took out each in around a minute. So, … this smallish guy comes into the ring and proceeds to run circles around the tough. Lots of fans were drinking and gaining a good laugh until the Tough close lined the punk a la Dick Night Train Lane. Organizers had to help the kid out. Damn if several more people were still in line to fight. YES - what you say is right. Lots of MMA fans are a special brand of dumb.

So I live in a very rural area in Appalachia. We have a county fairground that is occasionally used for MMA wannabes. I was up at the fairgrounds to collect cattle auction proceeds and decided to checkout the combat action. They have this big ass tattoo laden guy (yeah …. cauliflower ears too) taking on all comers. I watched him flatten 3 young men who were probably former football players. Took out each in around a minute. So, … this smallish guy comes into the ring and proceeds to run circles around the tough. Lots of fans were drinking and gaining a good laugh until the Tough close lined the punk a la Dick Night Train Lane. Organizers had to help the kid out. Damn if several more people were still in line to fight. YES - what you say is right. Lots of MMA fans are a special brand of dumb.
You realize that the same kind of lazy and silly bias you are laying down would also brand anyone going to a county fair or a cattle auction as a backwoods unsophisticated hick, right?

Reactions: WaffleShopper
MMA fans in general don't seem to like seeing dominant top wrestling for long without other types of fireworks.

I think the booing is because the fans aren't interested in seeing wrestling . Basically not really fans of MMA just there to watch tuff guy contests.

I think true MMA fans are wary of elite wrestlers joining the fray and turning out to be like Ben Askren, who was widely viewed as being one of the most boring and one-dimensional fighters in MMA history, notwithstanding his respectable win-loss record. Those fans thought he had no business being in the UFC and they were largely proven right.

Hopefully Bo has a big "coming out" fight soon where he shows dominance in other facets of the game besides the ground and looks like a real contender to both casual and fanatical observers.

Reactions: nerfstate
You realize that the same kind of lazy and silly bias you are laying down would also brand anyone going to a county fair or a cattle auction as a backwoods unsophisticated hick, right?
Nope . . . I did not realize the error of my ways. I just lay it out as I see it. I do have my biases and don’t make any special effort to conceal my ignorance. According to my wife, it comes to me naturally. Along the way, I attend cattle auctions and back woods events on a regular basis. Most of the folks who attend such “country living” events are at least as smart and sophisticated as the people I grew up with in the city of Philadelphia. Hope this ameliorates any concern that you may have with my story about MMA loving fans.

I’ve noticed freestyle and folk style wrestling fans seem pretty damn smart to pretty dumb.

Fifty fifty ish. MMA fans tend idiocracy levels of dumb . Not all but many are idiots at a higher level than average for sports fandom .
It is an unbelievably toxic online fanbase and the in-person crowds are even worse. I attended UFC 82 in Columbus and UFC 101 in Philly. In both cases, if machine guns had popped up and mowed down the crowd at the end of the night, it would have been a massive net positive for the present and future of humanity. And that is taking into account losing my brilliance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT