ADVERTISEMENT

Askren's Trials Controversies

Anyone butt hurt for JB being booed or a fan yelling at him needs to take their own homer glasses off. If willie wants to die on this petty hill so be it. After watching basch and willies last podcast i think willies even getting envious of PSU dominance. Saying Brooks shouldnt have won vs velencia is like saying every freestyle match can be won towards the end with illegal actions.

No this has always been his attitude , even in high school he was dick and was borderline with his clubs and headbutts and he’s been a sore loser his whole career, then after he won the Olympics and started taking pictures on thrones wearing crowns his narcissism took over. He truely believes everyone should cheer, bow down and respect him…you can see the tweet he put out after trials in 15 where he said everyone who rooted against him should be ashamed on themselves because of what he’s accomplished ….funny thing to add all these clowns talking about “disrespecting a legend” were all laughing and sharing the video of Ragusin calling John smith a “whiney F***ing Bi*ch” at ncaas .. where is willies rant about that ? Why isn’t he calling out all 14 Michigan wrestling fans for sharing and promoting that? And that’s actual an athlete whose still competing now not just some random unconnected fan
Willie ain't no Cowboy apologist. Plus calling out Ragusin and Michigan wrestling fans for being morons isn't getting him any clicks.

Anyone butt hurt for JB being booed or a fan yelling at him needs to take their own homer glasses off. If willie wants to die on this petty hill so be it. After watching basch and willies last podcast i think willies even getting envious of PSU dominance. Saying Brooks shouldnt have won vs velencia is like saying every freestyle match can be won towards the end with illegal actions.

Oddly enough, Askren and Pyles were both of the opinion that the singlet pull was blatant and the right call.

Oddly enough, Askren and Pyles were both of the opinion that the singlet pull was blatant and the right call.
I thought Basch put that argument to bed as well as anyone when he asked Willie if the ref hadn't seen it, and NLWC threw the brick, if the challenge would have been won. The answer is obviously yes. Sure, it sucks that a ref had to be the one to issue the difference-making score in short time--but thems the rules. Zahid himself knew he did it, and threw his own corner's brick back. That controversy is a nothingburger.

I thought Basch put that argument to bed as well as anyone when he asked Willie if the ref hadn't seen it, and NLWC threw the brick, if the challenge would have been won. The answer is obviously yes. Sure, it sucks that a ref had to be the one to issue the difference-making score in short time--but thems the rules. Zahid himself knew he did it, and threw his own corner's brick back. That controversy is a nothingburger.
Again, Wille being a click bait whore.

The fact that you couldn't see it at all because of the broadcast angle had a big effect on the reaction. Anytime you see a penalty point decide a match that late, there will be negative reaction. When it looks like a total phantom call and the ref (who has a checkered history already) dances around like a jackass, it looks even worse.

But from the other angle, it was a pretty big pull.

Reactions: creamery freak
Singlet, headgear, Zahid a serial puller.
it gets him every time!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Come on. No matter the sport......nobody calls out rules violations in the last 30 seconds.........except most officials. :)

Come on. No matter the sport......nobody calls out rules violations in the last 30 seconds.........except most officials. :)
well, I only heard him say that he doesn't like that type of call in the last x seconds. He didn't dispute AB as being the winner and best for usa.

Well, we have a LOT of positive to talk about: 4 Olympians including RBY, with a world champ trying to become the 5th; great efforts by our guys who didn't win it; and a bunch of our recruits about to storm their age group brackets.

And yet here we are fixated on the negative.
I doubt Psycho lost 10 seconds of sleep other than the thought " I hope JB likes me."

I doubt Psycho lost 10 seconds of sleep other than the thought " I hope JB likes me."
We're not fixated, we're just bitching or venting a little. Come on, if you want a dynasty and the privilege that comes with it you need to still remember you're a fan. You see if we just brush stuff off and take the high road we will be called entitled. So we have to look down at the masses and mimic their behavior to appear like one of the guys.

That said, how about that potential lineup for next year?? LOLOL

I'll miss these jokes with Smith's retirement. Maybe Coleman will keep the strategy alive, but I kinda doubt it.
Me too, I am going to miss anytime they get a transfer at 184 and all of us go "He will fit in perfectly at 157" 😂😂😂

I think a lot of JB's attitude at the event was driven by the knowledge that he is on the downhill side of his performance curve. Nothing to really be ashamed of - it happens to everyone. Ten years ago, he was used to going out and dominating his weight class at every competition he entered. Now, the younger guys have caught up and he's losing his edge. There's nothing wrong with continuing to compete, but maybe he needs to adjust his expectations accordingly. Going forward, a better goal might be to do the best with what he still has left and be able to walk away satisfied with what he is still able to accomplish. With guys like Dake and Nolf standing in his way, expecting to win every event is just going to lead to disappointment and frustration.
So he should have fun playing this game... I've heard that before somewhere.

JB is a legend. He deserves better than what he has put up with
He is a legend but let’s put it to rest.

He talked Sh.t on PSU on multiple occasions.
He talked sh.t on Marstellar who is a PA hs legend and finished his collegiate career not 15 miles from BJC
He stated going after CS knee on national tv ( better left unsaid- unwritten rules)
His coach makes accusations regularly

If you think the red carpet was going to be rolled out with a party sendoff...........

I do not like some things that come out of CS mouth. I wish the fans at the trials would have been better, but...
Pa and psu has a rabid wrestling fanbase(for better and worse) and if either believes you did them wrong and you come into their house expecting flowers......good luck.

Go to a bitter rival hs dual in PA.
What you see and hear there will make what JB heard pale in comparison.

Like you, the rule is a simple one.

Act like a douchenozzle, get treated like one.

You, more than anyone, should fully comprehend this.
Should is a stretch lol. He's all about click bait. Next he will be saying this thread is gold lol

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT