ADVERTISEMENT

Updated: Where we stand with Recruits 1/28

Big home field at advantage Heinz. PSU will have big edge in fans, just like we did at Pitt stadium

Pitt has 8 returning offense starters of two and three years is seasoned. Same for D. In addition, a couple transfers and JC DE will add to that. PSU does return some as well, but the QB, DL (3) Two new DB's, and kickers/punters possibly. Many of you thinking that at the very least two new starters in the OL is needed. That is a lot of new players with new coordinators to boot. I am sure PSU will be better as the season progresses but playing Pitt early is an distinct advantage for Pitt at Heinz.
8 starters who weren't very good. We've got 4-star guys and better OL about to hit the field. You're right, we do have some growing pains ahead, and 2016 will likely not be the breakthrough year that many anticipate 2017 to be. You're also right that we have a cupcake OOC schedule, which is why your team fits perfectly on it.

Pitt has 8 returning offense starters of two and three years is seasoned. Same for D. In addition, a couple transfers and JC DE will add to that. PSU does return some as well, but the QB, DL (3) Two new DB's, and kickers/punters possibly. Many of you thinking that at the very least two new starters in the OL is needed. That is a lot of new players with new coordinators to boot. I am sure PSU will be better as the season progresses but playing Pitt early is an distinct advantage for Pitt at Heinz.

LOL, one game is your season. Too funny.

I thought the topic is where we stand with
RECRUITS!
Thank you Hazleton! It's getting tiresome that every recruiting thread is deteriorating into a running dialogue on PSU vs Pitt. BTW, are you originally from Hazleton? My dad was HHS Class of 1950.

Oddly enough Pitt has landed anyone of note at all. Pitt got smoked in their bowl game by a service academy and nobody here is in awe of a Pitt road game.

Why is this considered a road game? It is like playing Temple in Phlly. Guaranteed there will be more PSU fans than Pitt fans. It is a home game away from Beaver Stadium. At best, a neutral site game.

Reactions: Ski
Thank you Hazleton! It's getting tiresome that every recruiting thread is deteriorating into a running dialogue on PSU vs Pitt. BTW, are you originally from Hazleton? My dad was HHS Class of 1950.
Yes i'm from Hazleton went to West Hazleton High

Dredrick Snelson Jr. retweeted

10h10 hours ago
Matt Jessen-Howard ‏@mjessenhoward
Dredrick Snelson tells me: "To all my #Gophers fans, don't ever question my loyalty."

Yes easy, Franklin has given those coaches a lot of ammunition to work with. Staff and players deflections. Franklin not beating a ranked team, Never beating anyone as a underdog. You really think Michigan and OSU and MSU are buying Franklin? Really? Yes negative recruiting is being directed at Franklin and his lack of demonstrating any improvement in the program. Pitt lost to a very good Navy team. But they were 5-1 on the road in the regular season. How did yinz do? Franklin has to beat some teams next year. And not just the cupcakes that he lines up as to pad his record. Big difference between using negative recruiting because one has to it as a reason not to consider PSU. The Big Ten east elite use it as selling why Franklin is a lightweight in the scheme of things.

Here were the records of the teams Pitt played on the road last season:

12-2
8-5
7-6
3-9
4-8
8-5

Guess which one of those teams Pitt lost to? One of those 8-5 schools was Akron. Not really that difficult of a road schedule.

I had him as an after thought to Snelson, but I guess the staff would take both. Hope Franklin is on his way to Ohio now...

EDIT: Watched his film, high points the football very well. Different type of WR than Snelson.

Look at size of the hands Darien has! Look like paws!!! That football will feel like a mini-ball hitting his hands. The kid can catch for sure.

Reactions: T J
I post this with the full realization that I am probably getting trolled by another corner back, but why not...

This was yesterday. It'll probably be Michigan tomorrow when it matters.

This was yesterday. It'll probably be Michigan tomorrow when it matters.

High school kids just having fun being the man and pranking with their classmates. He knew wearing a PSU jacket at school in Detroit would draw attention. Nothing to see here. Tomorrow is a different story. I like this kid for some reason. He has "it". I think he would accomplish more at PSU than Michigan but ......

Reactions: bmw199
High school kids just having fun being the man and pranking with their classmates. He knew wearing a PSU jacket at school in Detroit would draw attention. Nothing to see here. Tomorrow is a different story. I like this kid for some reason. He has "it". I think he would accomplish more at PSU than Michigan but ......
MSU on Monday, PSU Tuesday, UM on Wednesday at the decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT