ADVERTISEMENT

Washington is simply awful when they have to come east to play.

It has nothing to do with travel. See the Wazzu loss. They fail to finish drives every week except against Michigan thankfully.

They are likely going to have to make rules for certain game times in the future. Last night Rutgers was still playing at 1:30-2am (EST) in LA and today Washington is playing at 9am (PST) in Indiana. These cross country trips will take a toll on teams when they have to do it multiple times a year.
You're all making too big of deal about the travel. Washington has been like this all year regardless of where the game was played

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Penn St has trouble getting ready to play at noon. Washington started this game at 9am (PST).

It does look like Washington is not that great this year.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Indiana is for real, and Washington is a shade of what they were last year. That said, these West Coast teams should have known what they were getting themselves into.

Ridiculous travel schedule not sustainable for former Pac-12 football teams​

https://www.si.com/college/arizonas...for-former-pac-12-football-teams-01ja5rrzsqaz
"Travel is one of the biggest factors impacting the Big Ten teams on the West Coast. It was widely discussed in advance, and now they're seeing it play out. UCLA (1-5) has already played one game in the Eastern Time Zone (at Penn State) and has another one coming up at Rutgers. USC has traveled to Michigan and to Minnesota - and this week they fly to Maryland. Washington (4-3) has arguably the toughest road slate. The Huskies have already played at Rutgers and at Iowa, and they still have to travel to Indiana and Penn State.
Their combined records in those road games? 0-5."

Because they're not good--not because of the travel

"Travel is one of the biggest factors impacting the Big Ten teams on the West Coast. It was widely discussed in advance, and now they're seeing it play out. UCLA (1-5) has already played one game in the Eastern Time Zone (at Penn State) and has another one coming up at Rutgers. USC has traveled to Michigan and to Minnesota - and this week they fly to Maryland. Washington (4-3) has arguably the toughest road slate. The Huskies have already played at Rutgers and at Iowa, and they still have to travel to Indiana and Penn State.
Their combined records in those road games? 0-5."

Because they're not good--not because of the travel

LOL.. Do you think repeating yourself over and over again is going to make your point correct?

Traveling is exhausting. Period.

Reactions: SUPERTODD
LOL.. Do you think repeating yourself over and over again is going to make your point correct?

The stats show how bad it’s been. Only one person in the world doesn’t think it’s a factor and I’m sure that’s who you are responding too

Reactions: m.knox
Reactions: SUPERTODD
Another beat down in session in Bloomington just like in Iowa City.
Amazingly they've had more total yards than every opponent they've faced. Penalties, turnovers, missed FGs, missing on 4th down, etc.

But no worries. They'll have those things all cleaned up by the time they get to Happy Valley.

Do you think bitching about the travel is going to make it true?
Data has to be analyzed over time. So far nothing indicates there's a problem. Just those that want regional conferences.

Do you think bitching about the travel is going to make it true?
Data has to be analyzed over time. So far nothing indicates there's a problem. Just those that want regional conferences.

So that's a "yes." Repeating yourself over and over again is going to make you correct. LOL...

An observation regarding the difficulties of traveling is not bitching. Grow up. "Act like a man."

So that's a "yes." Repeating yourself over and over again is going to make you correct. LOL...

An observation regarding the difficulties of traveling is not bitching. Grow up. "Act like a man."
It's bitching which I why I'm forced to repeated myself so hopefully you and other learn that we don't have a sufficient sample size and we're trying to reach conclusions based on 4 awful teams and one that is still underachieving with Riley. Or was travel the problem for USC last year?

It's bitching which I why I'm forced to repeated myself so hopefully you and other learn that we don't have a sufficient sample size and we're trying to reach conclusions based on 4 awful teams and one that is still underachieving with Riley. Or was travel the problem for USC last year?

It's not bitching. In fact, now you are bitching. No one is "forcing" you to repeat yourself over and over again. You are electing to because you cannot cope with others disagreeing with your nonsensical positions.

College football already has a sizable home field advantage, and the constant travel across time zones makes it worse for the away team. For the sake of the student athletes, the B1G needs a larger west coast pod. Stanford and Cal (at the same reduced revenue they get now in the acc) should be in the B1G to make 6 out there. Those schools could play each other in a B1G western pod, schedule MWC and new PAC teams out of conference , and only come east a few times per season. That makes it reasonable.

Reactions: m.knox
It's not bitching. In fact, now you are bitching. No one is "forcing" you to repeat yourself over and over again. You are electing to because you cannot cope with others disagreeing with your nonsensical positions.
Explain why you're focused on the traveling then because apparently it's nonsensical to believe 5 games that included a horrible UCLA team, a horrible Washington team and a consistently underacehieving USC team is proving your point.

College football already has a sizable home field advantage, and the constant travel across time zones makes it worse for the away team. For the sake of the student athletes, the B1G needs a larger west coast pod. Stanford and Cal (at the same reduced revenue they get now in the acc) should be in the B1G to make 6 out there. Those schools could play each other in a B1G western pod, schedule MWC and new PAC teams out of conference , and only come east a few times per season. That makes it reasonable.
It's reasonable as it is--it truly is--at most it 3-4 trips a year. Oregon wouldn't have an issue with it.

Explain why you're focused on the traveling then because apparently it's nonsensical to believe 5 games that included a horrible UCLA team, a horrible Washington team and a consistently underacehieving USC team is proving your point.

Keep repeating yourself. Maybe you can talk yourself in believing what you repeat... LOL.

Keep repeating yourself. Maybe you can talk yourself in believing what you repeat... LOL.
I believe what I'm saying because it's true--you can't answer it because you know you're wrong
UCLA lost at Penn State then beat Rutgers. They're 1-4 in conference with the only win traveling across the country (by the way 0-5 was wrong)
Washington lost at Indiana, Iowa and Rutgers. They should have beat Iowa and Rutgers but couldn't finish drives--just like when they lost at home to Wazzu
USC is mirroring what they did last year
What do you think I'm "repeating" that isn't accurate. It's a small sample size involving bad teams
Oregon went to Purdue and won. When they leave Michigan and Wisconsin with wins I'll guess that will prove you wrong
It's always about talent and coaching--not travel.

Sometimes it’s best to just let it go.

I believe what I'm saying because it's true--you can't answer it because you know you're wrong
UCLA lost at Penn State then beat Rutgers. They're 1-4 in conference with the only win traveling across the country (by the way 0-5 was wrong)
Washington lost at Indiana, Iowa and Rutgers. They should have beat Iowa and Rutgers but couldn't finish drives--just like when they lost at home to Wazzu
USC is mirroring what they did last year
What do you think I'm "repeating" that isn't accurate. It's a small sample size involving bad teams
Oregon went to Purdue and won. When they leave Michigan and Wisconsin with wins I'll guess that will prove you wrong
It's always about talent and coaching--not travel.

No it isn't true, so stop trying to talk yourself into it, again, again and again.

Reactions: bison13
It's reasonable as it is--it truly is--at most it 3-4 trips a year. Oregon wouldn't have an issue with it.
Going from 0 est conference games to 3 or 4 obviously adds significant complexity. This is a much more difficult schedule than a traditional PAC schedule. It poses logistical issues on the team, shrinks prep time, and messes with the circadian rhythms of the players. Now obviously they chose this life chasing the B1G revenue pie, so we probably should not have too much sympathy. But on the flip side, was 11pm est reasonable for rutgers last night? How would you feel if we played an 11 PM game on the West Coast?

Reactions: bison13 and m.knox

So I'm right--thank you for agreeing. You don't have a point. You're just bitching per usual

You are wrong as usual. No one agrees with you. There are 20 posts agreeing with me and only you agreeing with you.

You don't see a problem with that?

No one needs you to repeat yourself over and over again. What is your compulsion?

Reactions: bison13
Going from 0 est conference games to 3 or 4 obviously adds significant complexity. This is a much more difficult schedule than a traditional PAC schedule. It poses logistical issues on the team, shrinks prep time, and messes with the circadian rhythms of the players. Now obviously they chose this life chasing the B1G revenue pie, so we probably should not have too much sympathy. But on the flip side, was 11pm est reasonable for rutgers last night? How would you feel if we played an 11 PM game on the West Coast?
Our fans complain about playing a noon game on the east coast so they'd complain about that too
The players would be fine with it. It's the coach's responsibility to adapt and have the team ready
Oregon had no problem going to Purdue on a Friday. Do you think they're worried about having to go East to Wisconsin or Michigan?
Of course not, this is about the quality of the 5 teams that aren't succeeding--not the travel
Who thought Stanford, Cal, UCLA and Washington were going to be good this year? Maybe someone thought Washington would be like some thought Florida State would be but that wasn't realistic losing DeBoer late like they did. USC is the same as last year.

You are wrong as usual. No one agrees with you. There are 20 posts agreeing with me and only you agreeing with you.

You don't see a problem with that?

No one needs you to repeat yourself over and over again. What is your compulsion?
Lots of people agree with me--they just get "criticized" when they do so.

Our fans complain about playing a noon game on the east coast so they'd complain about that too
The players would be fine with it. It's the coach's responsibility to adapt and have the team ready
Oregon had no problem going to Purdue on a Friday. Do you think they're worried about having to go East to Wisconsin or Michigan?
Of course not, this is about the quality of the 5 teams that aren't succeeding--not the travel
Who thought Stanford, Cal, UCLA and Washington were going to be good this year? Maybe someone thought Washington would be like some thought Florida State would be but that wasn't realistic losing DeBoer late like they did. USC is the same as last year.
If you think our players would be fine with playing at 11p, you have no clue!

If you think our players would be fine with playing at 11p, you have no clue!
You play when and where you're told as a player. You know I'm advance where and when the game is. Going across the country is way better travel than players had for shorter distances not that long ago.
If you want to complain about student athletes in Olympic sports then go for it but there's zero issue with football. None.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT