ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Nationals Game Question

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
Greetings all! My son and I are planning on seeing our first game at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia 4th of July week to watch the at-the-moment-no-longer-in-last-place Pirates play the last-place Phillies. This will be our first game at Citizens Bank Park. We shopped at the Phillies gift shop in the ballpark the afternoon of a Flyers game we went to a few years ago.

We were considering on Friday, July 7th, instead of heading straight back home but perhaps going down to D.C. to check out the Nationals ballpark. They’re playing the Braves so it’s a true non-division eh-no-dog-in-this-hunt type of game for me if we go. For those who are familiar with D.C., it looks like there is a good bit of parking around the stadium but does the Metro run close to the stadium? Which would be a better option in your opinion? Thank you in advance.

Greetings all! My son and I are planning on seeing our first game at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia 4th of July week to watch the at-the-moment-no-longer-in-last-place Pirates play the last-place Phillies. This will be our first game at Citizens Bank Park. We shopped at the Phillies gift shop in the ballpark the afternoon of a Flyers game we went to a few years ago.

We were considering on Friday, July 7th, instead of heading straight back home but perhaps going down to D.C. to check out the Nationals ballpark. They’re playing the Braves so it’s a true non-division eh-no-dog-in-this-hunt type of game for me if we go. For those who are familiar with D.C., it looks like there is a good bit of parking around the stadium but does the Metro run close to the stadium? Which would be a better option in your opinion? Thank you in advance.

Take the Metro...The Nats have all the info on their site.

The Navy Yard Metrorail station is only a half a block from the main entrance to Nationals Park

Reactions: john4psu
I live in Alexandria, VA and go to a number of Nats games every year and always take the Metro. Navy Yard/Stadium stop on the green line is just outside the center field gates. Friday night traffic around the stadium is a bear to navigate.

Reactions: john4psu
The only downfall about the metro is that it sometimes shuts down before the game ends. The crappy thing about parking is that traffic is freaking awful.

Metro. Total no brainer. Parking is pretty limited, and traffic is a disaster.

Unless you're a local and understand traffic patterns at different times and where to park at reasonable prices, Metro is your best bet.

Not a Phillie or Nate fan, but there is no comparison on parks...the Bank is much better. Nate Park is about as generic as a new stadium can be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT