ADVERTISEMENT

Weights without a returning/former national champ

wrestlingfan22

Mar 17, 2022
There looks to be 3 weights this year that will not have a returning/former national champ
133, 157, 165
All the others have 1 or 2
125-Figs
141-Alirez, Mendez
149-Henson
174-Haines, KOT
184-CSTAR, Keck
197: Albert James
285-Kerk

What do people think about these 4 weights? All are interesting to me and have some question marks that could end up making a big difference.

Last edited:
I think 165 has the biggest favorite with Messenbrink, don't really see anyone challenging him except for maybe Sasso if he somehow returns at 100% at 165 (which would be a miracle).

Reactions: zzs006
I think MM is one of the biggest favorites no matter the weight. He has hammered pretty much everyone ranked below him including Caliendo who is ranked 2nd. I also think he likely jumps another level which is terrifying for the rest of the field

There looks to be 3 weights this year that will not have a returning/former national champ
133, 157, 165
All the others have 1 or 2
125-Figs
141-Alirez, Mendez
149-Henson
174-Haines, KOT
184-CSTAR, Keck
197: Albert James
285-Kerk

What do people think about these 4 weights? All are interesting to me and have some question marks that could end up making a big difference.
What do you mean by making a big difference? Certainly won't make a big difference in the NCAA team score. If things don't go our way at those 4 weights maybe we win by only 70 points instead of 100.

As to the individual weights IMHO Nagao finishes top 4 at 133 as does Kasak at 157. IMHO Mesenbrink wins at 165. Just like last year we will probably threaten to have 10 AAs.

I think MM is one of the biggest favorites no matter the weight. He has hammered pretty much everyone ranked below him including Caliendo who is ranked 2nd. I also think he likely jumps another level which is terrifying for the rest of the field
He’s more likely to have 100% bonus this year than he is to lose a match. And he ain’t losing a match. BOOK IT

Reactions: Zukovski
What do you mean by making a big difference? Certainly won't make a big difference in the NCAA team score. If things don't go our way at those 4 weights maybe we win by only 70 points instead of 100.

As to the individual weights IMHO Nagao finishes top 4 at 133 as does Kasak at 157. IMHO Mesenbrink wins at 165. Just like last year we will probably threaten to have 10 AAs.
I just mean there are question marks at each weight such as who will be there or guys returning from injury. I am not talking about team score at all.
Examples are Davis or Nagao at 133 for PSU, Facundo or Kasak at 157 for PSU. Ayala moving up to 133, SVN coming back form injury, Byrd and Cannon coming off redshirts at 133, 165 has the Sasso question, etc, etc..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT