ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Carson Kuhn

Good news! Good luck to Carson. It would be great, I'm sure, to leave your college career as a part of a championship team.

Don’t know him but happy he’s here to help!

Ok board experts, let’s here it..what’s the scouting report on him?

Looking especially for Lemons take as he usually tells it like it is

Reactions: LumbeeIndian
A bit dated info from Bronco's website.
Looks like he has had a variety of injuries, during the three years he wrestled in college. Here's hoping Carson can finish strong in every match in his final season.

Kuhn originally signed in 2009. He took time off to train at the US Olympic Training Center and did a Mission trip. Ballpark he is at least 25. He's married, mature and likely very motivated.

We wish you the very best Carson, on your final Mission on the Mats.

CARSON KUHN
12220788.jpeg

Class: RS Junior
Hometown: Sandy, Utah
High School: Alta HS

Height / Weight:

5-5 / 125/133

Experience: 2L
Major: Business

03/28/2017

Pac-12 Announces All-Academic Teams

Carson Kuhn was named second-team Pac-12 All-Academic.

Kuhn is a redshirt junior from Sandy, Utah, and has maintained a GPA of 3.53 while majoring in public health. He was also a second-team honoree in 2014-15.

BOISE STATE CAREER

RS JUNIOR (2016-17):
Began the season as Boise State's starter at 133 pounds, going 2-0 before missing the remainder of the season due to injury...

Won by a technical fall (18-2) in Boise State's dual against Purdue (Nov. 18)...

Won by a pin (1:51) in Boise State's win over Utah Valley (Dec. 10).

Originally signed with Boise State in 2009 before

taking a year off to spend time at the United States Olympic Training Center and serving on a church mission in Chile.

He qualified for the 5A UHSAA Tournament all four years at Alta High School,

going undefeated in each of his final three seasons to finish with a 174-12 career record

and three state championships.

Named the Dave Schultz Outstanding Wrestler Award in Utah.

Also won the Junior Freestyle National Championship at 119 pounds in 2010 and

competed on the Junior FILA World Team in 2009.

Last edited:
Welcome Carson! I hope you can finish your wrestling career on a healthy note!

Here is his full college match list: https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/16532/kuhn-carson/profile

Hard to draw many conclusions from it. He's missed so much time with injuries, and hasn't faced top competition. With those caveats, he did have a number of bonus point matches in the past 2 years (relative to how few total matches he had).

At this point we should have low expectations until we see how things progress. B10 is brutal this year, but that also means a lot of qualifiers.

Also should note: I wouldn't be surprised if Cael sends him to an open or two first. Partly to stretch him out, partly to get him matches toward an auto-qualifying spot.

Here is his full college match list: https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/16532/kuhn-carson/profile

Hard to draw many conclusions from it. He's missed so much time with injuries, and hasn't faced top competition. With those caveats, he did have a number of bonus point matches in the past 2 years (relative to how few total matches he had).

At this point we should have low expectations until we see how things progress. B10 is brutal this year, but that also means a lot of qualifiers.

Also should note: I wouldn't be surprised if Cael sends him to an open or two first. Partly to stretch him out, partly to get him matches toward an auto-qualifying spot.

He has multiple Ws in division 1 matches that is a step in the right direction for a team that has < 2 division 1 wins this year from this spot.

Well, yeah, just guessing on what the obvious question was.

Other guess: has he beaten Nico yet?
I got sh!t the last time I asked that question....so my new years resolution remains ..... for now.

He has multiple Ws in division 1 matches that is a step in the right direction for a team that has < 2 division 1 wins this year from this spot.
Agreed though it doesn't impact the team race unless he wins at least a match in Cleveland ... or if the team gets an emotional boost from the perception that the coaches are going for it.

Reactions: diggerpup

Haha. My guess is as good as any. Most of the dudes he has wrestled have moved on. YoungGuns appears the most connected poster who is willing to share on this board and he indicated that Carson was healthy. I suppose that's the biggest issue. The other is weight.. When his name first came up, I looked up an old video and watched him fade in spectacular fashion against Tyler Cox. Was that a weight thing (we saw him at 133 later in his career), a limited time on the mat thing, or was it a one-off? Who really knows....

If I had to speculate, I'd probably be optimistic. Hopeful that he could reach the Big 10 tier of:

Welch
Mattin
Foley
Williams
Piotrowski
Oliver

If he could have that type of production, I think fans should be happy. That would mean he's got a chance to be top 8 at Big Tens and a national qualifier.

Last edited:
Haha. My guess is as good as any. Most of the dudes he has wrestled have moved on. YoungGuns appears the most connected poster who is willing to share on this board and he indicated that Carson was healthy. I suppose that's the biggest issue. The other is weight.. When his name first came up, I looked up an old video and watched him fade in spectacular fashion against Tyler Cox. Was that a weight thing (we saw him at 133 later in his career), a limited time on the mat thing, or was it a one-off? Who really knows....

If I had to speculate, I'd probably be optimistic. Hopeful that he could reach the Big 10 tier of:

Welch
Mattin
Foley
Williams
Piotrowski
Oliver

If he could have that type of production, I think fans should be happy That would mean he's got a chance to be top 8 at Big Tens and a national qualifier.
I think that's about where I am too.

Though I would not be surprised at all if B10 got 10 qualifiers this year with 8 ranked guys + Oliver (returning qualifier), Foley, and Williams.

I think that's about where I am too.

Though I would not be surprised at all if B10 got 10 qualifiers this year with 8 ranked guys + Oliver (returning qualifier), Foley, and Williams.
That sound about right.

Another big question is when do they drop him in the lineup? Is he ready now? If not and they wait a couple weeks, then they're already into Lizak, Suriano, Nato, and Lee.

Maybe an open at some point? Is Edinboro having theirs this year?

That sound about right.

Another big question is when do they drop him in the lineup? Is he ready now? If not and they wait a couple weeks, then they're already into Lizak, Suriano, Nato, and Lee.

Maybe an open at some point? Is Edinboro having theirs this year?
These seem like good opportuniteis:
1/13 Cleveland State Open, UVU Open (trip home?) -- Mich/MSU weekend, would miss Mattin and Foley
2/3 Edinboro Open -- Ohio State day, would miss Tomasello

Probably a few others I missed. I didn't see the National Collegiate Open that we sent Nevills to a couple years ago (IIRC in Colorado).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT