ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Carson Kuhn

Also nice work by YGWC in bringing this info to the board.

Doesn’t Moose441 get the credit for that? He was the first one to post that we were getting a transfer from Boise.
These seem like good opportuniteis:
1/13 Cleveland State Open, UVU Open (trip home?) -- Mich/MSU weekend, would miss Mattin and Foley
2/3 Edinboro Open -- Ohio State day, would miss Tomasello

Probably a few others I missed. I didn't see the National Collegiate Open that we sent Nevills to a couple years ago (IIRC in Colorado).

Don’t forget to account for his wife and a small child. He will have to miss a few weekends because of them. At least that’s what the tOSU fans tell me.

Doesn’t Moose441 get the credit for that? He was the first one to post that we were getting a transfer from Boise.

Don’t forget to account for his wife and a small child. He will have to miss a few weekends because of them. At least that’s what the tOSU fans tell me.
My apologies to Moose. Thanks!

To the other sleuths out there nice work too.

People come to the boards for banter AND for info. This program is a tough nut to crack, so any info we can get helps our growing community here.

Just double checking, are you sure that he will be the 8th scorer?

PSU should have 8 with Nick Lee in the lineup which I think 97% sure will happen.

Kuhn can be the 9th. Who knows, Keener could squeak a half a point or more.

But you are correct that having 8 scoring wrestlers is the key to winning the tournament.

I'm a visitor from another planet with a question. On Earth, is it considered polite to keep talking about a stranger's wife and her looks? Just wondering. ;)
It most certainly is, especially if the group doing the discussing is a bunch of older, used to be wrestlers.

Reactions: Dogwelder
A hometown article about Carson from 2010 when he was a senior in high school. Including his nickname. That makes him around 26, but not nearly old enough to vie with Massa for oldest college wrestler.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...l-wrestling-Kuhn-a-picture-of-perfection.html

That's a good read, including info on his work ethic and strong desire to succeed on the national stage. At that point, he had not lost in nearly three years.

Hope he can make his dreams come true in his final season of competition.

It's too bad that Boise State dropped Wrestling. But, the timing was right for PSU, when the NCAA allowed their wrestlers to transfer without loss of eligibility.

By all accounts he is a very good fit with the Nittany Lions, with his considerable potential, high goals, work ethic and academics.

It will be quite a story if his addition to the team makes the difference in key matches and tournaments. We'll just have to see how this unfolds.

Welcome Carson Kuhn!

Did Suriano transfer yet again? This is getting ridiculous. (This was in reference to the previous post)

"I'm pretty sure Brands won't hold Suriano back to protect his seed."

The Big Ten should be well-represented at 125 at the NCAA Tournament. By early accounts, the conference is in the "8" range for allocation slots, and that will increase by 1 when/if Tomasello gets to 8 matches (note: Spencer Lee is already there).

The opportunity is there, but plenty of land-mines ahead. I am interested in how the coaches play this...

Best of luck to the young man!!

Reactions: lionlover
My apologies to Moose. Thanks!

To the other sleuths out there nice work too.

People come to the boards for banter AND for info. This program is a tough nut to crack, so any info we can get helps our growing community here.

Also, was thinking El Jefe pointed out early on that Carson was in the student register. If so kudos to him also.

Reactions: diggerpup
Q: Do we have info that Carson had some time to train with the NLWC? If he was planning to attend PSU, was he able to arrive early and get some workouts with our talent and coaches?

Reactions: lionlover
Did Suriano transfer yet again? This is getting ridiculous. (This was in reference to the previous post)

"I'm pretty sure Brands won't hold Suriano back to protect his seed."
After the ordeal of passing a cruise liner, passing a corn silo will be a walk in the park! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jtothemfp
... It will be quite a story if his addition to the team makes the difference in key matches and tournaments. We'll just have to see how this unfolds. ...!
I once saw a similar story in a football documentary. In that story, a team was able to fulfill its championship aspirations by the addition of a waterboy to their roster. If Cael asks me for my plan, I'll mention the waterboy idea to him. But no towel boys!

Reactions: lionlover and T J
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT