ADVERTISEMENT

What a recruiting run....

This is one of the best classes in recent memory. Now holding on to them until December is another story. We will undoubtedly lose some of them in the NIL money bags era, but we also will land a few more surprises. I’m hoping we can get one four star DT and OL as well to round out the class. We are better with NIL than we thought.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Pretty good class so far. Based on Rivals, it looks like we will probably finish similar to last year's rank between 15-18.
2024 - 25 commits - 14 x 4* and 11 x 3* - Rivals Ave. 3.56 rating - Final Rank 17 (rivals), 16 (on3) 15 (247)
2025 - 20 commits - 11 x 4* and 9 x 3* - Rivals Ave. 3.55 rating - Current Rank 6 (rivals) 13 (on3) 6 (247)
Maybe we will finish higher in the ranking even though our average player rating is basically the same as last year. Perhaps someone who knows how these things work more than me could explain it better.

Reactions: psrurock
Pretty good class so far. Based on Rivals, it looks like we will probably finish similar to last year's rank between 15-18.
2024 - 25 commits - 14 x 4* and 11 x 3* - Rivals Ave. 3.56 rating - Final Rank 17 (rivals), 16 (on3) 15 (247)
2025 - 20 commits - 11 x 4* and 9 x 3* - Rivals Ave. 3.55 rating - Current Rank 6 (rivals) 13 (on3) 6 (247)
Maybe we will finish higher in the ranking even though our average player rating is basically the same as last year. Perhaps someone who knows how these things work more than me could explain it better.
If you use the 247 calculator and add 6 likely commits to the current class (3 WR's, DT, LB-Arrington, OT) it gives a score of nearly 254. A good class but a couple spots lower than PSU's 2024 15th place finish based on the final 2024 final team point totals. A nice class but lacking high 4 and 5 star player talent that Franklin had gotten in recent past classes such as Parsons, Shorter, Slade, Walker, Oweh, Mustipher, Brandon Smith, Jacobs, Theo Johnson, Tengwall, DDS, Singleton, Allar, J'ven Williams, Birchmeier, Rojas, Cousins Reynolds and Martin, which is why the 247 composite average player rating is barely .90.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Not sure I would classify the last week or so as some kind of recruiting run. A run of 3 and 4 star DEs would not qualify. We need DT and WR recruits badly. We have no 5 star recruits. I actually think Franklin is a good recruiter, but with the lack of NIL and the stain of Sandusky this is probably as good as it gets.

Not sure I would classify the last week or so as some kind of recruiting run. A run of 3 and 4 star DEs would not qualify. We need DT and WR recruits badly. We have no 5 star recruits. I actually think Franklin is a good recruiter, but with the lack of NIL and the stain of Sandusky this is probably as good as it gets.
PSU seems to need DE's this year more so than DT's as the 2024 class had 4 DT's most of whom enrolled in January and went through Spring Practice. There will be some losses at DT after the season, Beamon Dvon Thomas (formerly Dvon Ellies) and Ford, but a couple of the 2024 DT's (Andrews, Cook, Cunningham and Gilliam) will likely be ready to contribute in 2025.

Whereas at DE the losses after the 2024 season look greater, with Carter, DDS, Vanover, Vilbert and Fisher (now injured) all likely to move on. This seems to have translated into the staff looking to bring in 3-4 DE's in the 2025 class and likely only 1 DT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 87 Penn St8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT