ADVERTISEMENT

What this board needs is a We are Better...or something!?

Rip_E_2_Joe_PA

Jun 9, 2002
Instead and recently, we got back to back young men with bright futures lose there scholarship offers. Time to hang our heads? No.

If 'O Slug U' gets into the farcical CFP many on this board will bury us with the grinding and gnashing of the teeth of disappointed. IMHO, last year PSU was still being punished by the ignorant among the committee which includes our conference representative (Gene 'Jerk off' Smith). My brother, a VWU graduate and a huge PSU fan, and I talked about this possibility after the B1G championship last year. The reverse pseudo-logic being used by the same CFP voices this season has sealed our theory for us. But who cares. The idiots tried to kill us and write us off for dead. They failed.

So, we have not gotten a 'We are Better' yet and you ask what is the something that this board needs?

My answer: We already have it. We have the most positive, young, energized coach and coaching staff in America with one more young guy waiting in the wings. We have loads of young talent both on board and in the wings that display a great attitude and energy as well as a sincere belief in the mission and core values of the program. We have a coach and program that have acted above reproach with recruit and player issues.

This program is exemplary in every way and rising like a Phoenix and filled with individuals that will not be contained by revengeful or envious fools any longer. That, at least for me and my WVU brother, is the 'or something' and the only thing that matters.

I’d love to have a we are better today! I’d settle for a 2-0 start to the men’s basketball conference season though.

Reactions: LionJim
Instead and recently, we got back to back young men with bright futures lose there scholarship offers. Time to hang our heads? No.

If 'O Slug U' gets into the farcical CFP many on this board will bury us with the grinding and gnashing of the teeth of disappointed. IMHO, last year PSU was still being punished by the ignorant among the committee which includes our conference representative (Gene 'Jerk off' Smith). My brother, a VWU graduate and a huge PSU fan, and I talked about this possibility after the B1G championship last year. The reverse pseudo-logic being used by the same CFP voices this season has sealed our theory for us. But who cares. The idiots tried to kill us and write us off for dead. They failed.

So, we have not gotten a 'We are Better' yet and you ask what is the something that this board needs?

My answer: We already have it. We have the most positive, young, energized coach and coaching staff in America with one more young guy waiting in the wings. We have loads of young talent both on board and in the wings that display a great attitude and energy as well as a sincere belief in the mission and core values of the program. We have a coach and program that have acted above reproach with recruit and player issues.

This program is exemplary in every way and rising like a Phoenix and filled with individuals that will not be contained by revengeful or envious fools any longer. That, at least for me and my WVU brother, is the 'or something' and the only thing that matters.

Rip, your prose inspires. It is reminiscent of Cheerleader Ed. We should could use an adrenaline shot of "We Are Better". But let me ask, is your brother Virginia Wesleyan or West Virginny?

What this board really needed was another field goal at the Ohio State game. Have that happen and PSU would be in the top 4 right now (even with a loss to MSU the following week) and would have another B1G championship (having boat-raced Wisconsin). No worries about tOSU or 'Bama making the CFP. Maybe an old-timey rematch with Georgia for the title. Of course, all that water is over the dam now and we're looking at essentially a meaningless exhibition game. It's not "hang our heads" but the disappointment with the opportunity lost this season is palpable.

Reactions: odshowtime
WVB had a very nice win last night to get to the Sweet Sixteen. :)

The new signing date can't get here soon enough. That'll give us something extra to talk about during the holiday season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT