ADVERTISEMENT

What would have been awesome...

Nittany302

May 15, 2006
Get rid of these terrible conf championship games that mean so little in many cases.

Instead just follown this plan- 8 team playoff using the ranking system.

Today would have been Elite 8 Day

Bama-UCF 11 AM

Georgia-Oklahoma 2 PM

Notre Dame-Ohio State 5:30 PM

Michigan-Clemson 8:30 PM

Winners to the Final 4. Losers to Bowl Games

Imagine the ratings. Instead we saw ND sitting at home and just watching everyone else play. We also saw NW, Pitt, Memphis, and Texas today. If one of those teams outside of Memphis would have won a big bowl spot, it makes the whole thing even worse.

Another idea I’ve had for years in sports that would be fun...probably has no place in college, but....seeds 1-3 pick their opponent from the bottom half of the playoff teams based on who they think they can beat and want to play. I think that would add something new to the playoff system.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Get rid of these terrible conf championship games that mean so little in many cases.

Instead just follown this plan- 8 team playoff using the ranking system.

Today would have been Elite 8 Day

Bama-UCF 11 AM

Georgia-Oklahoma 2 PM

Notre Dame-Ohio State 5:30 PM

Michigan-Clemson 8:30 PM

Winners to the Final 4. Losers to Bowl Games

Imagine the ratings. Instead we saw ND sitting at home and just watching everyone else play. We also saw NW, Pitt, Memphis, and Texas today. If one of those teams outside of Memphis would have won a big bowl spot, it makes the whole thing even worse.

Another idea I’ve had for years in sports that would be fun...probably has no place in college, but....seeds 1-3 pick their opponent from the bottom half of the playoff teams based on who they think they can beat and want to play. I think that would add something new to the playoff system.

I admit that it would be an improvement over the 4 team playoff and either OSU or OU fans will be agreeing with you tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT