ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time for PSU fans to admit that we're actually pretty good?

This is just a dumb post on a number of levels. For starters, the sanctions didn't really impact a single Franklin team. Period. This is excuse is nonsense. It is an excuse to cover up the fact that Franklin was in over his head when he showed up and he brought a bunch of clowns with him to coach the offense. Deal with it. Second, Franklin hasn't sniffed a playoff birth which is a much lower bar than actually competing for a title, which Joe did many times, even late in his career. It also must be said that Joe's staff recruited at a level much higher than Franklin even after they were past their prime.
You can fool some of the people all of the time......and all of the people some of the time.....
But poor ole Coach Wally, just can't stop tripping over his stupidity.

Here is an accurate accounting of scholarships as they stood for Franklin in 2014
Nice try coach!

Reactions: lazydave841
Ok...if you think the talent gap is that seismic with us and Michigan, I think you are wrong...I don't have the time to look it up. Clearly both programs are under OSU. But, your general premise is that what you are, you are, and shouldn't expect more. Yet, literally every week in CFB, pretty much disproves that. And, the talent difference b/w us and MIchigan, if there even is one, is so small. It's not like us and Bama.

You said seismic not me. You also admit UM is outrecruits PSU, "where it really matters, the LOS." Your quote.

You said seismic not me. You also admit UM is outrecruits PSU, "where it really matters, the LOS." Your quote.
Whatever...u are being obtuse. Sports doesn't work in the 'chalk' fashion. I admit that their play at the line of scrimmage has been better than Penn States for a handful of years… but I still think we have accumulated more collective talent than them over the last 9 years...and no matter what recruiting stars you show me I think it's undeniable

Who wants him fired on this thread? The problem is, with the subtext that you're posting about along with others on here, is that people should be happy with being a top 10 program rather than being a playoff program…. why can't we be both? I don't like falling into the conventional fire this person fire that person argument because it's lazy… but in my opinion I do expect more for a program of our size and Alumni base
Penn State is not what it once was, but at least your not Nebraska or Minnesota. Just sayin.

Whatever...u are being obtuse. Sports doesn't work in the 'chalk' fashion. I admit that their play at the line of scrimmage has been better than Penn States for a handful of years… but I still think we have accumulated more collective talent than them over the last 9 years...and no matter what recruiting stars you show me I think it's undeniable
I haven’t paid attention to Michigan recruiting to be able to give a reasonable comparison but they are certainly getting better results than PSU the last 2 years. Harbaugh appears to have adapted and changed from his early years at Michigan.

Reactions: scrivener
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT