ADVERTISEMENT

Where we stand with Recruits 1/22

giphy.gif
Yea, I wasn't making sense. What I was trying to say was if at 8:00 AM (when I first saw someone say Franklin was going to be in Pittsburgh that night) I was planning on being in Pittsburgh that night, how do I end up visiting someone else in FL around 5:00PM. Wouldn't the first visit need to be set up already? So that would mean whoever said he was going to Pitt was mistaken.

Like even if the plan was to hop on a plane out of Fort Lauderdale at 6 he wouldn't be in Pittsburgh until 9 and then to drive to the kid's house. This is Harbaugh...

I got ya... I just feel everyone is simply guessing at this point...

good point i didnt know that...

Serious question and i come in peace.... Its been reported franklin has reached out as many as 5 pitt commits over the past couple days to gauge interest in visting psu... IF this is true do you guys feel its him just trying to prove psu's power over pitt? Or DO you think he has legitimate interest in some of these kids?

I really don't think this program is in a place where we can use scholarships on kids just to take them away from Pitt. I think, and hope, that coaches think anyone getting an offer can contribute during their career

Yea, I wasn't making sense. What I was trying to say was if at 8:00 AM (when I first saw someone say Franklin was going to be in Pittsburgh that night) I was planning on being in Pittsburgh that night, how do I end up visiting someone else in FL around 5:00PM. Wouldn't the first visit need to be set up already? So that would mean whoever said he was going to Pitt was mistaken.

Like even if the plan was to hop on a plane out of Fort Lauderdale at 6 he wouldn't be in Pittsburgh until 9 and then to drive to the kid's house. This is Harbaugh...

Franklin can use a private plane.

Franklin can use a private plane.
Sure, that cuts off 30 min or so. My point is the planning just doesn't seem like it would have been in place. Who knows maybe he stayed in FL longer than he was going to because he knew the Pittsburgh end of the trip was cancelled, but it just doesn't seem with the timing that he was ever going to visit Hudson last night. Signs still point to Michigan and I'm basically just trying to talk myself into believing the insiders don't know

I would have to guess it's legitimate interest. He wants to fill out the class, and don't take this as a diss, but he's working on some plan B. Unfortunately at this point, the Pitt kids probaly know they are plan B recruits and would rather stick with Pitt where they are plan A recruits.

No diss taken... Pitt and PSU have different evaluations of players...

My brother mentioned to me today that Franklin is planning an in-home visit with Ferns tomorrow. I am not sure where he got that information, but thought I would just pass it along.

Reactions: bmw199
I got ya... I just feel everyone is simply guessing at this point...

good point i didnt know that...

Serious question and i come in peace.... Its been reported franklin has reached out as many as 5 pitt commits over the past couple days to gauge interest in visting psu... IF this is true do you guys feel its him just trying to prove psu's power over pitt? Or DO you think he has legitimate interest in some of these kids?
I know one of the Pitt commits personally who 'Franklin reportedly reached out to'. He had no idea where that started. I do think Franklin may have reached out to some, but one of the five that is being thrown around is not true.

I know one of the Pitt commits personally who 'Franklin reportedly reached out to'. He had no idea where that started. I do think Franklin may have reached out to some, but one of the five that is being thrown around is not true.

I believe you... anything you hear this time of year is questionable anyways

Karamo Dioubate on campus at MSU right now. Apparently will be in USCe this weekend. No idea what happened to the All Star game he was supposed to be in. Doubt we are in this at all anymore. No idea what happened after that meeting Franklin had with him two weeks ago.

Karamo Dioubate on campus at MSU right now. Apparently will be in USCe this weekend. No idea what happened to the All Star game he was supposed to be in. Doubt we are in this at all anymore. No idea what happened after that meeting Franklin had with him two weeks ago.
For a guy that supposedly can't afford to visit campuses and wants to stay home, sure is taking advantage of the OVs. I wonder how many recruits just go to USC to visit, especially this time of year.

Tyrell Chavis would be a nice addition. He has some decent feet for a big man. Hope he becomes a Nittany Lion, Lord knows there is a need for him.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Tyrell Chavis would be a nice addition. He has some decent feet for a big man. Hope he becomes a Nittany Lion, Lord knows there is a need for him.

A 2016 DT class of Chavis, Jordan, and Shelton or Weaver would be nice, in addition to the very talented DE's in the class. It will still be interesting to see if CJF takes 3 or 4, if he gets Chavis as one of them, with Chavis playing in 2016 and the others developing. 3 in this class would get CJF 8 DT's on the roster (if Buchholz sticks at DT), and likely 2 or 3 more in 2017 to get where he wants to be. If CJF takes 4 DT's in 2016, with Chavis as one of them, maybe Buchholz plays more at DE this year. It will be interesting to see how big Buchholz is this Spring, at the B/W game, and see where he takes reps in the game as well.

Would be great to get a "splash" DT talent in 2017. I'm guessing he'll normally carry at least 8 DT's on his full roster.

Last edited:
Someone noted on TOS that there are some red flags with Chavis. Not sure if he meant grades or character issues.

Notre Dame shows up in equipment truck outside recruit's house. Shiat is getting out of control.

Someone noted on TOS that there are some red flags with Chavis. Not sure if he meant grades or character issues.

There was some speculation that grades were a concern but PSU requested his transcripts a while ago and seems that he is good to go and would qualify. Had not heard any character issues. He was originally a UVA commit coming out of HS but grades then were the issue.

There was some speculation that grades were a concern but PSU requested his transcripts a while ago and seems that he is good to go and would qualify. Had not heard any character issues. He was originally a UVA commit coming out of HS but grades then were the issue.

If he is visiting this late in the game isn't that an indication that academics issues have been vetted?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT