ADVERTISEMENT

Who do Steelers pick?

bkmtnittany1

Jan 12, 2014
I seriously have no clue. RB? Will Harris or Etienne be around? I for one would go O-Line, that massive dude from Alabama. How about Freiermuth at TE? Looking forward to the AKB responses...and I am more than confident they will screw this up!

Who I want: Micah to drop to 19-20 and Steelers trade up to get him.

Who it will be: Najae Harris, RB, Alabama and if he is gone Travis Etienne, RB Clemson.

Reactions: hlstone and BBrown
I know that many want a rb but OL needs more help imo. Get your LT/C for the next 10 years and go rb in round 2 or 3. Sermon kid from osu would be fine in rd 3 for me.

Well, they just announced extending Mason Rudolph’s contract so they won’t be picking a QB. They have four on the team now.....always touting Rudolph, keep resigning Josh Dobbs so they like those two a lot. And don’t wanna pick a QB and have Ben pouting all summer like before.

Well, they just announced extending Mason Rudolph’s contract so they won’t be picking a QB. They have four on the team now.....always touting Rudolph, keep resigning Josh Dobbs so they like those two a lot. And don’t wanna pick a QB and have Ben pouting all
Jerry-Seinfeld-Has-Seen-Enough-Reaction-Gif.gif

I know that many want a rb but OL needs more help imo. Get your LT/C for the next 10 years and go rb in round 2 or 3. Sermon kid from osu would be fine in rd 3 for me.
Normally I would agree but man they have absolutely nothing at RB. But then their history of drafting RB's the last 3 or 4 years doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence I mean Anthony McFarland? Really? Ughhh
But yea I go Harris if Harris isn't there then maybe trade down a few and get a few more choices later on. They need a lot of help.

I also like the oh-high-ya RB Sermon, but with this draft reportedly very deep at Center I look for the Steelers to either go RB, OT, or a surprise such as a CB or LB in the first round. And then get a Center in rounds 2-4, and if no RB in 1st get a RB in the 2nd. I don't see them waiting for rounds 3+ to take a RB, as their mid to late round RB's picks have been a waste the last 10 years. The big Center from Bama may be their pick, but his injury history may scare the Steelers away from him, as they need a 1st round pick that come in and starts from game #1.

Actually, I'm hoping they clean out the rest of the RB room except for maybe Samuels OR Snell. Not both. McFarland is a joke as an NFL RB - Glov would breath on him and he goes down, along with the worst vision I have seen for an NFL RB. Take a RB to carry the load and then fill the rest of the roster with experienced players that get cut or released after the draft. Maybe take a flyer on a late round 2nd RB in this draft.

Also a deep draft for WR so I expect the Steelers to take one in rounds 4-7.

But the Steelers like to surprise us. Maybe a pick in rounds 1 -3 from some little school we haven't heard of..... :oops:

Reactions: BBrown
I also like the oh-high-ya RB Sermon, but with this draft reportedly very deep at Center I look for the Steelers to either go RB, OT, or a surprise such as a CB or LB in the first round. And then get a Center in rounds 2-4, and if no RB in 1st get a RB in the 2nd. I don't see them waiting for rounds 3+ to take a RB, as their mid to late round RB's picks have been a waste the last 10 years. The big Center from Bama may be their pick, but his injury history may scare the Steelers away from him, as they need a 1st round pick that come in and starts from game #1.

Actually, I'm hoping they clean out the rest of the RB room except for maybe Samuels OR Snell. Not both. McFarland is a joke as an NFL RB - Glov would breath on him and he goes down, along with the worst vision I have seen for an NFL RB. Take a RB to carry the load and then fill the rest of the roster with experienced players that get cut or released after the draft. Maybe take a flyer on a late round 2nd RB in this draft.

But the Steelers like to surprise us. Maybe a pick in rounds 1 -3 from some little school we haven't heard of..... :oops:
Actually a couple of those little school linemen may be a nice 2nd day pick

Looks like the Steelers may have their choice of RB's at #24. The CBS draft site shows 4 position needs for each team and there is not a team between the Raiders at #17 and the Steeler that has RB as a "need" according to their "experts"....

But with no edge rushers picked so far, they might go that way......

Reactions: NedFromYork
Steelers could use a good CB, but I was still glad that the Titans took the VT CB to get him off the board........

Harris will be 23.5 years old at the start of the 2021 season. He should have come out last year. If he does well in the NFL he is understandably going to want to get as big a contract as soon as he can since he'll have a couple years less than lots of other RBs to bring in the dough.

Harris will be 23.5 years old at the start of the 2021 season. He should have come out last year. If he does well in the NFL he is understandably going to want to get as big a contract as soon as he can since he'll have a couple years less than lots of other RBs to bring in the dough.
All I care about is that he is better than Benny Snell and anyone else on that current roster, and he is, so good news.

And they have him on a cheap 5 year contract and can watch him walk away at 28.5. Downside?

23.5? I have underwear older than that.

I think Harris was the best choice given who was on and off the board when the Steelers picked. All of the top OL, CBs and LBs were off the board. They got their #1 guy at a position of need.
All the belly aching about taking a running back in the 1st round is pointless when the franchise hasn't had an actual NFL caliber running back in 10 years is pointless. They have one now. Of course the problem is who will block for him but 3 all pro o linemen aren't walking through that door in this draft anyway. They got the most important part done and now you figure something out up front from here to be competitive this year.

Reactions: GregInPitt
All the belly aching about taking a running back in the 1st round is pointless when the franchise hasn't had an actual NFL caliber running back in 10 years is pointless. They have one now. Of course the problem is who will block for him but 3 all pro o linemen aren't walking through that door in this draft anyway. They got the most important part done and now you figure something out up front from here to be competitive this year.
Oweh will be a problem for the Steelers. I hate the Ravens did that but love it for Jayson and all the idiots that said he'll be a late rounder.

Let's not carried away. Le'Veon Bell was a Pro Bowl running back for the Steelers in 2014, 2016, and 2017.

I disagree on McFarland. I actually liked what I saw from him in the limited action last year. He has a burst nobody else on the team last year had and it wasn't close. He is obviously not going to be an RB1 but he can be a change of pace back that has home run threat ability. I think I've seen enough of Samuels to say he should be the guy to go. I was excited when they drafted him because he was a hybrid player that I thought could do a lot of things but he has been on the team for three years now? I haven't seen him do anything noteworthy in that time.

I like a stable of Harris as the bell cow back with Snell and McFarland behind him.

Oweh will be a problem for the Steelers. I hate the Ravens did that but love it for Jayson and all the idiots that said he'll be a late rounder.

Being a late first rounder is sometimes a blessing. You get to play for a team that is missing a piece or two to compete for a championship. When you play on those teams it's easier to look good when there are other good players around you. Plus, those teams like the Ravens who are always in the playoffs are well coached, which is why they are always in the playoffs. A guy like Oweh needs that. Sure, he isn't getting high end first round money now but I think he's in a better position to cash in on a second contract by being drafted by the Ravens in the late first than a lot of other scenarios.

I disagree on McFarland. I actually liked what I saw from him in the limited action last year. He has a burst nobody else on the team last year had and it wasn't close.
Really? He seemed uncertain and was as likely to fall down as make a good cut.

On the year, he had 33 carries and caught 6 passes. If he was good, or even promising, the Steelers (who finished last in rushing yardage) would have given him more opportunities.

I do like the Harris pick, and hope to see the Steelers look for OL help tonight.

Really? He seemed uncertain and was as likely to fall down as make a good cut.

On the year, he had 33 carries and caught 6 passes. If he was good, or even promising, the Steelers (who finished last in rushing yardage) would have given him more opportunities.

I do like the Harris pick, and hope to see the Steelers look for OL help tonight.

He's small and that means he isn't going to break a ton of tackles but I think his burst was noticeable compared to everybody else last year. I could be half paying attention to the play and I would know it was him in the game even if I caught the play out of the corner of my eye. I don't think they'll keep four RBs (or maybe they will) but I think it's going to be between McFarland and Samuels on cut down day. You're right, McFarland didn't get many opportunities to run the ball last year. I'm not sure why. He was a rookie though so there is certainly a learning curve although RB is probably the easiest position in the league to come in and play early.

If they aren't going o carry 4 RBs on the roster (although they did last year) then I'd like to see McFarland given the chance instead of Samuels. I have seen plenty of Samuels and I'm just not that impressed. He's Ok but he's definitely not an RB1 either. I'd like to see if McFarland can be something. He was electric in college.

I disagree on McFarland. I actually liked what I saw from him in the limited action last year. He has a burst nobody else on the team last year had and it wasn't close. He is obviously not going to be an RB1 but he can be a change of pace back that has home run threat ability. I think I've seen enough of Samuels to say he should be the guy to go. I was excited when they drafted him because he was a hybrid player that I thought could do a lot of things but he has been on the team for three years now? I haven't seen him do anything noteworthy in that time.

I like a stable of Harris as the bell cow back with Snell and McFarland behind him.
We'll have to agree to disagree regarding McFarland. My memories of his runs include way to many runs where he fails to run to openings and runs right into a tackle. RB's without vision don't produce in the NFL.

We also differ on the value of Samuels, as he has had some games where his pass catching ability provided value.

But I still believe the Steelers are not done at RB..... that they will pick up a veteran RB between now and training camp who will be the 2nd team RB behind Harris. We'll see.

CBS mock draft has the Steelers taking a the Center from OK in the 2nd round, which sounds about right......

We'll have to agree to disagree regarding McFarland. My memories of his runs include way to many runs where he fails to run to openings and runs right into a tackle. RB's without vision don't produce in the NFL.

We also differ on the value of Samuels, as he has had some games where his pass catching ability provided value.

But I still believe the Steelers are not done at RB..... that they will pick up a veteran RB between now and training camp who will be the 2nd team RB behind Harris. We'll see.

CBS mock draft has the Steelers taking a the Center from OK in the 2nd round, which sounds about right......
+1. I didn't see anything McFarland did with The Steelers as being noteworthy and not much in the 2 years he did at MD either.
I'd be ok with them getting rid of any 1 of 3 (Snell, McFarland and or Samuels)

Snell is pretty useless.

Reactions: BBrown
If they aren't going o carry 4 RBs on the roster (although they did last year) then I'd like to see McFarland given the chance instead of Samuels. I have seen plenty of Samuels and I'm just not that impressed. He's Ok but he's definitely not an RB1 either. I'd like to see if McFarland can be something. He was electric in college.
You forgot about a 5th.

You forgot about a 5th.

I did forget about Ballage. I think he may be a long shot to make the 53. He's been in the league 4 years and hasn't amounted to much. 691 rushing yards and 7 TDs. I will be surprised if he makes the 53 man. The more I think about it the more I think they do carry 4 RBs just like last year. My guess is Harris, Snell, McFarland, and Samuels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT