ADVERTISEMENT

Who else think Maryland opens with an onsides kick?

itsofficial101

Oct 11, 2017
Or at least pulls one or two out during the game? Also, they will definitely kick short and high and never deep if they are smart. 2 weeks in a row that we couldn't do anything with that to make them pay. But I think we need significant work on the kick return team this week to include the strategy for a non-traditional kick.

Reactions: BBrown
Or at least pulls one or two out during the game? Also, they will definitely kick short and high and never deep if they smart. 2 weeks in a row that we couldn't do anything with that to make them pay. But I think we need significant work on the kick return team this week to include the strategy for a non-traditional kick.

+100. They should have been working on it after the RU game. Lousy job by the coaching staff and the players.

Or at least pulls one or two out during the game? Also, they will definitely kick short and high and never deep if they are smart. 2 weeks in a row that we couldn't do anything with that to make them pay. But I think we need significant work on the kick return team this week to include the strategy for a non-traditional kick.
The fair catch on our 18 yard line wasn't good. Neither was the fact that Thompkins didn't field most of the punts.

I think those get lost when compared to the punt we touched and lost and the onsides kick that we didn't try to field.

Reactions: BBrown
The fair catch on our 18 yard line wasn't good. Neither was the fact that Thompkins didn't field most of the punts.

I think those get lost when compared to the punt we touched and lost and the onsides kick that we didn't try to field.
Good points. The fair catch was ... ???

We called a fair catch on a short kickoff at our own 18 yard line.
I know and agree that it was a headscratcher. That is why I wrote what I did. The ??? indicates that it was inexplicable to me.

Nebraska's onside kick was perfect though. It was as a good an onside kick as I've seen in Ole he. We played it bad but the kicker did exactly what he needed to do and that rarely happens in college.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT