ADVERTISEMENT

Why are Iowa homers still posting here

The QB position is very important. So is having a good running game if your QB2 is not ready for D1 football. The rise and fall of Penn State football is solely on Clifford being in the game?
This year, yes it is. We’re a very good team with him, and an average team without him. Would the Buccaneers win a SB without Brady? A pass heavy team relies heavy on the QB position….I know, hard to believe. Not many teams could lose their starting QB to injury and their backup to the transfer portal and be at the same level. We weren’t going to win a NC with Clifford this year, but we would still be pretty solid. Without him, meh.

Reactions: Grass and heckmans
2021 Sparky you need to get out more.
Yeah, so why you have fans talking ancient history Spunky? I mean we have won 8 wrestling NC compared to your more recent 4 if I really wanted to make a point, but personally I don’t really care about what happened more than a season or two ago when having discussions.

Correct. I normally avoid saying things like this after a PSU loss as it comes off to most as sour grapes, but the reality is, this Iowa team isn't very good.
Agreed. I don't flame. PSU shot themselves in the foot in the first half, or it was a 17pt lead at halftime. After Roberson went in, Iowa was gifted insane field position, 64 false starts, and a tiring defense that was put back on the field again and again. A good team would have put up 40. Iowa barely moved the ball.
I'll say it again, Iowa is not #2 in the country. Not sure they are even #3 in the B1G east.

Here's my question. When Iowa finally plays a good team and gets embarrassed, will any of them come back and visit us to review this thread?

Reactions: Grass
They're insecure as they saw who the better team was is the short answer. As usual the team representing the west will once again lose in the BT title game. They'll run the table in that weak conference or even drop one, get smoked in the BT title game, and get a decent bowl game....and they'll be happy with that. Their staff and the offense is based on nepotism and it holds them back and will continue to do so.

Just a PSA. I have banned a few. Was on the board through midnight. Under a horse at 6am. Got back around 1pm and saw a boatload of reports. I try hard not to ban anyone until they go batshit crazy. They are gone. Sorry I couldn't be here earlier. If you see a ridiculous or offensive post, please report it. I'll be here the rest of the day. Thank you!
Wait a minute. “Under a horse at 6 am.”
What is that all about? Sounds more than kinky.

Well I'm 36 and have lived through 16 National championships and 22 B10 tournament championships for Iowa.. Not bad I'd say. Could be a lot worse!

Iowa would have won the 2020 national championship aswell if not for Covid. The educated wrestling fans here even know that. Iowa won it this year, and have a great chance to repeat next March.

Do Penn State fans never bring up how sweet it was to win Championships with Paterno? Or is that just ancient history you never talk about or reflect kindly on anymore?
What the educated wrestling fan knows is the success of both of your wrestling programs is due to Cyclone legends….don’t forget it

I can’t imagine being so insecure after a win that they’ve come in droves for validation. Speculation of what will be or what could have been is a huge part of sports message boards. Injuries are part of the game. In this situation, it drastically hurt penn state. The truth is, as an Iowa fan, I’d be worried about the rest of the season. Albeit, the remainder of their schedule is a combined 15-19. So I wouldn’t be that worried.

What the educated wrestling fan knows is the success of both of your wrestling programs is due to Cyclone legends….don’t forget it
Harold Nichols and Jamie Pollard sure crapped the bed letting Gable and Cael skip town. I don't blame them for leaving however. Ames is a dump :p

I’m guess I’m confused: the Rivals board by nature promotes fans to chat with other teams, and this is an open board, and whether you like it or not the Iowa-Penn State series is deadlocked since you joined the league and many of the games have had season implications. For Iowa fans to interact on a discussion board with PSU fans is not the sacrosanct and uncouth gesture you take it to be.

And I’m pretty sure Purdue has no cfb fans with whom to engage, anyway.

Harold Nichols and Jamie Pollard sure crapped the bed letting Gable and Cael skip town. I don't blame them for leaving however. Ames is a dump :p
Cael came in and demanded $$$ be put in the program, and Pollard respectfully declined. Cael knew the answer before he approached, and PSU was already lined up. The ISU campus is heads and shoulders nicer than the Iowa campus. The independent folks have made that call time and time again.

• Haha
Reactions: sob5
Their whole point was to gloat. I never understood going to an opposing board to ‘chat’ with other fans but especially don’t understand doing it after the game. The play should be ‘Hey - great game; lucky to get the win - good luck the rest of the way,’ then dip back to your own board to talk shit or whatever. Every Herky-Jerkoff who showed up last night defended their classless fans and coach. None had the humility or awareness to leave when not wanted. Ban them all now so we don’t suffer next year. They were the worst during 2012 and have doubled down now that their ‘every half decade or so’ of relevance has circled back around.
We don't play these clowns next year! Some other conference team gets the joy.

Reactions: Midnighter2
The ISU campus is heads and shoulders nicer than the Iowa campus. The independent folks have made that call time and time again.
I disagree whole heartedly. Ames is the butthole of Iowa. Always has been. Always will be. I will leave it at that since this is a PSU forum. Have a wonderful evening 😉

I’m guess I’m confused: the Rivals board by nature promotes fans to chat with other teams, and this is an open board, and whether you like it or not the Iowa-Penn State series is deadlocked since you joined the league and many of the games have had season implications. For Iowa fans to interact on a discussion board with PSU fans is not the sacrosanct and uncouth gesture you take it to be.

I disagree whole heartedly. Ames is the butthole of Iowa. Always has been. Always will be. I will leave it at that since this is a PSU forum. Have a wonderful evening 😉

The biggest issue you have is the Iowa fans come with the campus and Iowa City. Add the racism in the program and you get skid row. One of the most unattractive cities in America.

Hey guys and gals. I haven’t been in much since the loss but I made the statement earlier this week (as I have in the past) about Iowa being my least favorite state in the country. Anybody else moving over to my side at this point? What I have read leading up to the game and since has been the classic Iowa attitude I’ve always referenced.

Reactions: TangSoo
Hey guys and gals. I haven’t been in much since the loss but I made the statement earlier this week (as I have in the past) about Iowa being my least favorite state in the country. Anybody else moving over to my side at this point? What I have read leading up to the game and since has been the classic Iowa attitude I’ve always referenced.
It really isn’t fair to characterize the whole state that way when the idiocy is centered around the program in Iowa City. I can assure you that the other state P5 fanbase has significantly more class than the U of I dipshit fanbase.

I will take the word of the numerous former players who are collectively litigating the matter, along with the obvious admission of guilt represented by termination of a named party to the suit.
Name one viable accusation.

too much country music from the farm boys in the weight room?

Ski mask jokes from the fired S&C coach?

we need to have a racial reckoning

It really isn’t fair to characterize the whole state that way when the idiocy is centered around the program in Iowa City. I can assure you that the other state P5 fanbase has significantly more class than the U of I dipshit fanbase.
I’m not characterizing the whole state based on the idiocy in here, I’m basing it upon years of dealing with Iowans.

Last edited:
Name one viable accusation.

too much country music from the farm boys in the weight room?

Ski mask jokes from the fired S&C coach?

we need to have a racial reckoning
Like I have said over and over, the typical Iowa fan will flip the script on the MULTIPLE FORMER PLAYERS and vilify them instead of placing the blame where it belongs and fixing the problem. Your response was just like clockwork, and is quite typical for Iowa fans. And you folks wonder why your team is becoming all white and recruiting is in the toilet. The recruits are just flat smarter than the Iowa fsns.

Like I have said over and over, the typical Iowa fan will flip the script on the MULTIPLE FORMER PLAYERS and vilify them instead of placing the blame where it belongs and fixing the problem. Your response was just like clockwork, and is quite typical for Iowa fans. And you folks wonder why your team is becoming all white and recruiting is in the toilet. The recruits are just flat smarter than the Iowa fsns.
We wonder why we’re white? Do we? Maybe because the state of Iowa is mostly white. Is ISU more “diverse”? Then how come you haven’t beat Iowa since 2014?

Weird to trash talk an Iowa team that’s won 12 in a row and is ranked highest since they were #1 in 1985 for 7 weeks.

How’s your coach Rhodes working out for you? Is he still proud of your bed wetting against Iowa?

All true, but did you ever get the feeling you’re not wanted? If not, you should. Sorry to be blunt, but your act is tiring.

We wonder why we’re white? Do we? Maybe because the state of Iowa is mostly white. Is ISU more “diverse”? Then how come you haven’t beat Iowa since 2014?

Weird to trash talk an Iowa team that’s won 12 in a row and is ranked highest since they were #1 in 1985 for 7 weeks.

How’s your coach Rhodes working out for you? Is he still proud of your bed wetting against Iowa?
You bet we are more diverse, and the fact you mention that really demonstrates the denial surrounding the program in Iowa city. Can’t say that your response surprises me at all and just shows there was zero thought in your response.

You bet we are more diverse, and the fact you mention that really demonstrates the denial surrounding the program in Iowa city. Can’t say that your response surprises me at all and just shows there was zero thought in your response.

Ames is as vibrant as a Schubert slow movement.

Now we have Iowa and Iowa State fans arguing on our board. Man, it really must be boring in Iowa. “Herb, clean up in aisle 5.”

26875aa15767076b43c459d31dca3119_w200.gif

Real simple: it comes down to the old saying "act like you've been there before" and obviously they haven't, Iowa has a good team but more like 15 to 20 - certainly not #2 in the country

Is it just their own insecurity
Pure entertainment. Easy as shooting fish in a barrel. If you idiots didn't respond they would be gone in hours. Instead, you feed the flames and add to their enjoyment. So instead of falling off the front of the forum, they stay right at the top and go 4-6 pages.

The biggest issue you have is the Iowa fans come with the campus and Iowa City. Add the racism in the program and you get skid row. One of the most unattractive cities in America.
People that live in Glass Houses..........................................

Again. You have no idea what "would've" happened because it didn't, and nothing will ever change the course of written history. Clifford had thrown 2 picks and 25 passes already when he went out early in the game.

Who is to say Cliff wouldn't have thrown more interceptions and/or had some sack fumbles throwing so much? Iowa knew you weren't going to run the ball for many yards right? That's an example of me making excuses for something that never happened.. See how I did that?

Clifford going down certainly affected the game but to say what would've, could've and should've happend is just hearsay.

"What if's" are nothing but excuses.
Please. You're a goddamn idiot. So you didn't watch the game, huh?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT