ADVERTISEMENT

Why are Iowa homers still posting here

I can’t imagine being so insecure after a win that they’ve come in droves for validation. Speculation of what will be or what could have been is a huge part of sports message boards. Injuries are part of the game. In this situation, it drastically hurt penn state. The truth is, as an Iowa fan, I’d be worried about the rest of the season. Albeit, the remainder of their schedule is a combined 15-19. So I wouldn’t be that worried.
If you can't plainly see that PSU would have won pretty easily if not for the Clifford injury than you are an idiot, whether you are a PSU or Iowa fan. The argument is based solely on Devil's Advocate reasoning, which is patently absurd. It is completely clear what happened in that game.

Reactions: tlbakernc
If you can't plainly see that PSU would have won pretty easily if not for the Clifford injury than you are an idiot, whether you are a PSU or Iowa fan. The argument is based solely on Devil's Advocate reasoning, which is patently absurd. It is completely clear what happened in that game.
You have absolutely 100% no way of knowing that PSU would have won. It was 17-10 when Clifford was supposed to come back into the game.

My Colts just blew a 25-9 lead in the last 6 mins of the game last night.

They are so exhausted and their backs are so sore and broken down from stooping over, they are unable drag their knuckles back to their board.

Iowa's not going to playoffs even if they win out...not happening. Sure they will win a few more games but they will also get leaped by team playing harder schedules, bama, tosu, heck even penn state has a better shot at the playoffs and will pass Iowa if they win out, won't that chap your ass...lol. Keep on gloating on the win because the rest of the universe and many iowa fans know you were going to lose by 2-3 touchdowns at home without some key PSU injuries.

Also, get ready for a loss or two even with that weak ass remaining schedule, sorry, it's going to happen. I'm just going to sit back and watch and troll the iowa board when your world come crashing down and laugh at your lack of humility and class. It must sucks to only be relevant in college football every 10-12 years or so, it must be hard to be you.

Anyone know if you can you still score with a drop kick? Maybe the Iowa punter can score some points and keep some games close because your offense sucks.

Iowa will struggle with Purdue this week. Purdue has athletes. Iowa’s luck will run out.

After yesterday your #2 iowa Hawkeyes now rank nationally as follows in main offensive metrics:

PPA: 119
Success Rate: 114
Standard Downs Success Rate: 119
Rush Success Rate: 103
Pass Success Rate: 113
Explosiveness: 70
Points Per Opportunity: 77
Stuff Rate: 129
Line Yards: 125

Once the turnovers stop, the results will be different. The one thing that yesterday proved in Iowa’s defense is that Spencer Petras is slightly better than Roberson.
Did you get some Purdue? I was on the fence and then was reminded of Ferentz's terrible ATS record when a double digit favorite (he's great at +/-3 though) and heard Riley Moss was out. That clinched it. I also took the under early last week and hit it again during the week. Boiler up!

Did you get some Purdue? I was on the fence and then was reminded of Ferentz's terrible ATS record when a double digit favorite (he's great at +/-3 though) and heard Riley Moss was out. That clinched it. I also took the under early last week and hit it again during the week. Boiler up!
+480 baby. Yum yum.

Iowa will struggle with Purdue this week. Purdue has athletes. Iowa’s luck will run out.

After yesterday your #2 iowa Hawkeyes now rank nationally as follows in main offensive metrics:

PPA: 119
Success Rate: 114
Standard Downs Success Rate: 119
Rush Success Rate: 103
Pass Success Rate: 113
Explosiveness: 70
Points Per Opportunity: 77
Stuff Rate: 129
Line Yards: 125

Once the turnovers stop, the results will be different. The one thing that yesterday proved in Iowa’s defense is that Spencer Petras is slightly better than Roberson.
@sob5 where you at? Certainly not a struggle. The high powered Iowa offense keeps rollin’.

• Haha
Reactions: Midnighter2
Because Penn State fans are making a simplistic analysis of Clifford's injury and its impact on the game.

Iowa always plays a safe script in the 1st half before they make adjustments, and they always make adjustments and tighten up the D in the 2nd half. They've done this for what, all of Ferentz's tenure, and especially so the last 3-4 years where they haven't given up more than 24 points.

It was 14-3 (before FG) when Clifford threw 3 consecutive incompletes and then got his bell rung by LB Jack Campbell with a clean hit. In essence, Iowa's D is responsible for Clifford's injury, but somehow this doesn't factor into the equation when we're talking about which team is better?

Iowa marches down the field on the next drive and makes it 17-10. That's one possession midway through the 2nd quarter at home, in one of the loudest stadiums in America.

Clifford also had 2 interceptions in one quarter. Isn't it possible he throws more?

I watch a ton of college football and have seen Iowa countless times. PSU's last two losses are against Iowa, including a blowout in Happy Valley, but that never seems to matter. They stopped Clifford last year with 2 INTs as well.

Anyway, any who has seen a Phil Parker-coached defense knows that defense would've made adjustments and the outcome would've been a coin flip, not a convincing PSU victory.

America is infatuated with sexy teams and high powered offenses. That's not Iowa, but they're something like 31-8 over the last 4 seasons with no loss in double digits.
This didn’t age well. Bwahahaha.

Now we turn around and play Wisco -5 @ Purdue. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT