ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

RBY has this new account for his photography. This one points to more cheeseburgers for Beau though.

Reactions: danoftw
Isle of Man meets Vitruvian Man:

im-man29.gif

+

Vitruvian-Man-Detail-Square-800.jpg

=

Nerf quoted:

:)

Last edited:
Awesome photos tikk10! You would love where I live as far as bird photos; lots of hawks, owls and turkey vultures. Two valleys meet where my house sits up against the Cleveland National forest. It is not unusual to see hawks and turkey vultures hovering in the wind just above my back yard.

Reactions: tikk10
Awesome photos tikk10! You would love where I live as far as bird photos; lots of hawks, owls and turkey vultures. Two valleys meet where my house sits up against the Cleveland National forest. It is not unusual to see hawks and turkey vultures hovering in the wind just above my back yard.
I've been shooting a lot of birds since last fall, but mostly smaller birds. I did shoot a few hawks in Central Park a few months back, but I was hoping to find more out here, but this was the first. There are some short road trips I can take around here to find lager birds, I understand. But I'm open to ideas from anyone in the area. I did also see a pileated woodpecker the other day, which isn't quite as big as the hawk but is gigantic compared to other woodpeckers.

149361363_10157833693365812_2955248987747839240_o.jpg

I've been shooting a lot of birds since last fall, but mostly smaller birds. I did shoot a few hawks in Central Park a few months back, but I was hoping to find more out here, but this was the first. There are some short road trips I can take around here to find lager birds, I understand. But I'm open to ideas from anyone in the area. I did also see a pileated woodpecker the other day, which isn't quite as big as the hawk but is gigantic compared to other woodpeckers.

149361363_10157833693365812_2955248987747839240_o.jpg

Well done pic! I also love the hawk squirrel population-control pic.

Reactions: tikk10
I need that hawk to take care of a bevy of squirrels near my house. Let me know what that hawk’s rate is.

I was thinking the same thing. I put out decent money on an anti-Squirrel bird feeder and those bastards beat me all the time. I now know how Rutgers feels. Beginning of winter I have high hopes then I lose battle after battle.

I was thinking the same thing. I put out decent money on an anti-Squirrel bird feeder and those bastards beat me all the time. I now know how Rutgers feels. Beginning of winter I have high hopes then I lose battle after battle.
I have two beagles, the squirrels and other critters stay out of my back yard

A dray of squirrel can make a tasty stew, or taste like chicken when fried.....
My wife makes a tasty squirrel pot pie. Vegetables, potatoes, homemade noodles....Takes too many squirrels to make it too often, but its good say once a year.

My cousin made fried squirrel once when we were camping and even for me it was a bit cringe. Reminded me of Crocodile Dundee eating a goanna over the fire and Im just not there yet.

#youcanliveonitbutittasteslikesh!t

David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear by rotating the entire audience and cameras on a giant turntable while the curtain was up.

My wife makes a tasty squirrel pot pie. Vegetables, potatoes, homemade noodles....Takes too many squirrels to make it too often, but its good say once a year.

My cousin made fried squirrel once when we were camping and even for me it was a bit cringe. Reminded me of Crocodile Dundee eating a goanna over the fire and Im just not there yet.

#youcanliveonitbutittasteslikesh!t
If you leave the squirrel whole, sure it would look like that. But, cut it up, and it just looks like chicken wings. Pressure cook it for a little while, then dip in flour, salt and pepper, fry until it's a little crispy on the outside, and it's pretty tasty.

Of course, this is all from memory of 40 years ago. Mrspa assures me that she will NEVER cook squirrel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT