ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Yeah--if nothing else comes out of this RTC card era, someone has to make that matchup happen, and soon.
That would be some serious heel on heel crime. But it's all talk. Ferrari wants no part of Steveson, especially giving up 60+ lb.

Reactions: nitlion6
That would be some serious heel on heel crime. But it's all talk. Ferrari wants no part of Steveson, especially giving up 60+ lb.
You know it, I know it, Gable knows it. But AJ may not....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski
Did D3 have their championships in 2020? Was thinking theirs was always the same weekend as B10’s, and thats right before the shitstorm hit.

Is he a better fit at 141 or 149? Tough to tell with all the injuries of late. Curious where yous guys think he might land?

Reactions: danoftw

Is he a better fit at 141 or 149? Tough to tell with all the injuries of late. Curious where yous guys think he might land?
Drexel?

Purely a guess there but it makes sense. They were among his finalists when he committed to Lehigh, and they need 141 help.

His other finalists were Bucknell and Rutgers. One doesn't allow shirts or grad students, plus he flipped from there to Lehigh. The other ... he'd be nuts to go there.

If not Drexel, I'd guess Pitt 149. Santoro is obviously connected to that program.

Or maybe he's content to be a depth guy (since he's on the bench at Lehigh) and just wants to shave book money off the grad school bill. In which case he could go anywhere.

Excuse me if I missed it discussed elsewhere in depth, but the NLWC film on Kyle and Thomas wrestling in Nice France is pretty darn good. Watching them warm up for a match would gas me before I stepped on the mat. Coach McKnight had a pretty good result there internationally.

The "possible" forfeit to Kyle and coach Bill Zadik's response with Scripture was classic.

Definitely worth a NLWC/Rokfin membership.

speaking of that tournament... Interested comment made on Hagers happy hour podcast (something like that). The commentator posed the question about the number of wrestlers in the NLWC create an impossibility of one on one coaching... Simply not enough time to dedicate a coach to a wrestler especially when the college season starts. Snyder and Gillman go over sea's without their coach. Obviously there are two views here, just wonder what our men think? Assume any such expectations are known going into NLWC membership...

speaking of that tournament... Interested comment made on Hagers happy hour podcast (something like that). The commentator posed the question about the number of wrestlers in the NLWC create an impossibility of one on one coaching... Simply not enough time to dedicate a coach to a wrestler especially when the college season starts. Snyder and Gillman go over sea's without their coach. Obviously there are two views here, just wonder what our men think? Assume any such expectations are known going into NLWC membership...

My opinion is NLWC is the best managed RTC in the country. They have a big stable but it working well. The coaches are making matches and creative.

As to the Nice, France tournament, Coach McKnight was there with USA coach Bill Zadick in support. I'd take that as corner coaches any day.

I'd assume the waitlist to get into the NLWC as an athlete is as long as the one for a seat in Rec Hall.

My opinion is NLWC is the best managed RTC in the country. They have a big stable but it working well. The coaches are making matches and creative.

As to the Nice, France tournament, Coach McKnight was there with USA coach Bill Zadick in support. I'd take that as corner coaches any day.

I'd assume the waitlist to get into the NLWC as an athlete is as long as the one for a seat in Rec Hall.
Yeah, and I’d be careful citing Iowa Homer Hager when he discusses anything regarding our program or the NLWC.

Yeah, and I’d be careful citing Iowa Homer Hager when he discusses anything regarding our program or the NLWC.
Perhaps Hager could explain how the coaching situation at NLWC differs from the coaching situation at any other RTC in the country.

And then he could explain how Snyder and GIlman couldn't possibly be good extra coaches for their teammates if called upon.

Perhaps Hager could explain how the coaching situation at NLWC differs from the coaching situation at any other RTC in the country.

And then he could explain how Snyder and GIlman couldn't possibly be good extra coaches for their teammates if called upon.
they did talk about Gilman. One of the points made was the super prime time athlete, best in the world, should they have a dedicated coach. Think DT always has Cunningham, Manning and JB, and some more. Regardless, an interesting point and not one to get everyone defensive about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT