ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Saw this in the Jesuroga thread on HR. Notable bits at 07:30 and 18:00. I’m guessing Cael and Casey have profound philosophical differences with him on this topic.
'Peaking is a frame of mind'. No physical component?

Disproven in a multitude of sports including marathoning, triathlons, Olympic swimming,... Oh and 9 out of 11 years staring him right in the face.

'Peaking is a frame of mind'. No physical component?

Disproven in a multitude of sports including marathoning, triathlons, Olympic swimming,... Oh and 9 out of 11 years staring him right in the face.

I'm 37 and I've been using periodized training for more than 20 years. It's an established and relatively well understood principle for maximizing physiological performance. I did it in wrestling, track and field, and now, cycling. I find it absolutely stunning that a D1 wrestling coach at the University of Iowa doesn't get that.

I'm 37 and I've been using periodized training for more than 20 years. It's an established and relatively well understood principle for maximizing physiological performance. I did it in wrestling, track and field, and now, cycling. I find it absolutely stunning that a D1 wrestling coach at the University of Iowa doesn't get that.
Yeah, it’s called “tapering” in swimming - pretty much been done for 40 years

Reactions: hlstone
Great recruiting video, huh.

I wonder if they use hate to push themselves up to that 6th place podium. You gotta hate the podium.

giphy.gif

So what you're saying is that Iowa's coaches haven't learned lessons from before they were born.
As athletes they trained running through brick walls time after time after time and were successful. Then in their first 4 years at Iowa as the head of the program their pound yourself to death garnered 3 team titles. Metcalf and McDonough losing their last time through were rationalized as abnormalities not overtraining red flags. Penn State winning those first Big10 and NCAA titles were just flukes, everybody knows Brands is in Cael's head. Dismissed was that Iowa was not nipping at PSU's backside for second, but rather left in Cornell 's wake for second. After PSU's second team title there was some reluctant acceptance, and the rationalization became "yeah, but once Taylor and Ruth are done...". Once Taylor and Ruth were done they were right for a single year, but that ignored fact that somebody in addition to PSU was finishing ahead of Iowa reached up nipped Iowa's rear as the Buckeyes sat in PSU's throne.

When the Hawks finally did take one from the Nits with the help of a few 30 year vets it was the Nits who stole the evening by crowning 4 champions and again an important data fact was dismissed and the next year when they assumed they would automatically repeat they doubled down on the training through brick walls and by year's end a team title favorite was regulated to their typical team spot, two places behind PSU with half their team requiring master tape jobs to hold limbs in place.

There is no way in hell the twins are ever going to accept too much of what he (Cael) does, they will continue to do what worked for them as 20 year olds and Cael be damned. Please give those two a lifetime contract, an annual third place is pretty damn good. Even Gable looks comfortable anymore with Haweye 3rd place finishes.

SIAP, but this might be the funniest clip in the history of the internet. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Just went to look at what you were talking about and discovered that Mineo has me blocked from his FB group, which I had joined a while back and don't think I even contributed to (and if I did, I'm sure I didn't do anything to merit being blocked). What a snowflake.
For the most part, photos (good photos) don’t support his delusions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT