ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Bo Nickal is training with an itty bitty dummy. He must be getting ready to enter "fight short" territory*! ;)

*: from another thread

Not our strongest WC team, but good for developing younger guys. At least Zain and Nico are going to get guaranteed reps!

Last edited:
I could only watch a few seconds of that. There was a guy on my high school wrestling team that wasn't a starter and wanted cauliflower ear. He would have guys on the team punch and pinch his ear
I lasted only a few seconds as well. Intentionally giving yourself cauliflower ear is like buying jeans with holes in them. You've gotta earn those holes and those ears.

World Cup is in Yakutsk.

Making them watch Nelson ... payback is a bitch.
When I saw "Yatutsk", I immediately thought of our Risk board some 50 years ago...containing both "Yakutsk", and "Irkutsk". Memories...

th

Last edited:
I lasted only a few seconds as well. Intentionally giving yourself cauliflower ear is like buying jeans with holes in them. You've gotta earn those holes and those ears.

My son brought a girl home this summer. I have known her and her family since she was 5. That is weird in and of itself. But I digress...she had on jeans with giant holes/tears. I offered to sew them for her. (I am an ass.) My son did enjoy my comment, but thought it was predictable for me.

When I saw "Yatutsk", I immediately thought of our Risk board some 50 years ago...containing both "Yakutsk", and "Irkutsk". Memories...

th

Roar, I can not speak for other board members but I am grateful that all that training and simulation on World Domination (especially the Cold War training) from over fifty years you shared with a young upstart coach from Iowa State. His current world domination would not have been complete without your mentoring.:)

I am assuming that at an event this weekend he wore Iowa gear instead of blue and white. I guess some people might take that as waivering in his commitment to us. No comment for me either way.
Right, we didn't make any assumptions either. But it did rattle our cages as we have talked for the past 2 years about how his style fits perfectly into theLions mentality and were ecstatic when he verbaled.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Right, we didn't make any assumptions either. But it did rattle our cages as we have talked for the past 2 years about how his style fits perfectly into theLions mentality and were ecstatic when he verbaled.

Totally understand, not calling you out at all, just in case you thought so.

Interesting, looking in the background, to see the way people dressed for the NCAA's back in the 60's--lots of ties and coats & ties. Didn't see too many of those on the fans this past year!
Hey, when I was a soph at UP in '67, we wore coats and ties to football games.

Reactions: tomsc
Looks like Frannie won’t be going 184 this weekend, since he is dancing in Thon. Maybe we will see Shak?

I know, we still have our 165 lb Mason to fill in if needed.

Reactions: funkisfun12
Does the goal look bigger or is the goalie just small?
There are a number of scale illusions happening due to the very long lens compression, but no, goal sizes have been the same practically forever. The players have gotten bigger, as has their equipment.

Reactions: dsites52
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT