Auburn
Georgia
Notre Dame
USC
Ohio State
TCU
Penn State
Oklahoma State (13)

Penn State and Oklahoma State could be switched. TCU could fall to 12, 13, or 14.

After today:

Alabama
Clemson
Miami
Oklahoma
Wisconsin
Auburn
Georgia
Notre Dame
USC
Ohio State
TCU
Penn State
Oklahoma State (13)

Penn State and Oklahoma State could be switched. TCU could fall to 12, 13, or 14.

I think we want Oklahoma to demolish TCU and for Notre Dame to be totally embarrassed.

Reactions: RU31trap
After today:

Alabama
Clemson
Miami
Oklahoma
Wisconsin
Auburn
Georgia
Notre Dame
USC
Ohio State
TCU
Penn State
Oklahoma State (13)

I think this is accurate for next week’s rankings. They might bump Ohio St over USC
For crying out loud , even as down as we were after Ohio St. had PSU taken care of business at Sparty, they would probably be top 4 with their own destiny in their hands. Unreal

I think this is accurate for next week’s rankings. They might bump Ohio St over USC
For crying out loud , even as down as we were after Ohio St. had PSU taken care of business at Sparty, they would probably be top 4 with their own destiny in their hands. Unreal

I love the direction of where Franklin is taking the program. But I honestly believe some day we'll look back at the MSU loss as one of the worst of what I believe will be an awesome career for Franklin at PSU. A huge loss in a big spot to a very ordinary MSU team. Just a gut wrenching loss. Chances to compete for championships just don't come around all the time and it's just crushing to think we likely let one slip away this year because of our showing on East Lansing.

There’s gonna be a lot of 2 loss teams this year.
One of them, OSU, will make the final four if they win out. As it pertains to OSU, the rules are different. Being blown out by both Okla and Iowa won’t count. But a 3 point loss to Pitt (who beat the NC, Clemson) and a 29 point loss to Michie negated PSU’s B1G championship. OSU’s resume this year is much worse than PSU’s last year. That won’t matter. It’s The OSU.

This is why I hate people.

Last edited:
Yup, already heard it today, OSU could easily play themselves back in the playoff now. What??? They got blown out at Iowa who is mediocre (i know they are good at home) but blown away and blown away on their home field to OU. I could easily argue PSU two losses much better and OSU has not beaten anyone of substance.

I love the direction of where Franklin is taking the program. But I honestly believe some day we'll look back at the MSU loss as one of the worst of what I believe will be an awesome career for Franklin at PSU. A huge loss in a big spot to a very ordinary MSU team. Just a gut wrenching loss. Chances to compete for championships just don't come around all the time and it's just crushing to think we likely let one slip away this year because of our showing on East Lansing.
Exactly. While proud of this group and their accomplishments (Big Ten Title, back to back 10+ win seasons), this season will resonate as an opportunity lost.

One of them, OSU, will make the final four if they win out. As it pertains to OSU, the rules are different. Being blown out by both Okla and Iowa won’t count. But a 3 point loss to Pitt (whombeat the NC, Clemson) and a 29 point loss to Michie negates PSU’s B1G championship. OSU’s resume this year is much worse than PSU’s last year. That won’t matter. It’s The OSU.

OSU is losing to Meatchicken so..

No, not all the time. But I've been following this program for 25+ years, and it's not really that rare either.

In the last 20 years, the following teams could have contended for national titles with the right breaks:

1997, 1999, 2002, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2016, 2017

And I doubt we ever see another span as bad as 2000-2004, which is included in this period.

Reactions: JJTopp99 and Madsol
One of them, OSU, will make the final four if they win out. As it pertains to OSU, the rules are different. Being blown out by both Okla and Iowa won’t count. But a 3 point loss to Pitt (whombeat the NC, Clemson) and a 29 point loss to Michie negates PSU’s B1G championship. OSU’s resume this year is much worse than PSU’s last year. That won’t matter. It’s The OSU.

OSU was appropriately placed at #13 after the bad loss last week. If they move up because others lose, what's wrong with that? It helps we won in blowout fashion over a decent MSU team. Top 4 teams Notre Dame and Georgia getting embarrassed helps too. I don't like to see two loss teams in the playoff, but if that's all there is left, what the heck.

Reactions: psu2016
No, not all the time. But I've been following this program for 25+ years, and it's not really that rare either.

In the last 20 years, the following teams could have contended for national titles with the right breaks:

1997, 1999, 2002, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2016, 2017

And I doubt we ever see another span as bad as 2000-2004, which is included in this period.

I think you're taking a little liberty with some of those years, like 97, 02 and 09. 02, we lost 4 games and had 2 B1G losses by the 2nd week of October and were essentially out of the championship race. But I liked that team and thought they were pretty good, but not a championship caliber team.

I think you're taking a little liberty with some of those years, like 97, 02 and 09. 02, we lost 4 games and had 2 B1G losses by the 2nd week of October and were essentially out of the championship race. But I liked that team and thought they were pretty good, but not a championship caliber team.

Yeah the '02 team blew it, but they also had four first-round draft picks on that squad. If they had completed the comeback against Iowa, gotten some better calls against Michigan (and not stupidly played for OT) they would have absolutely been in the title race

Exactly. While proud of this group and their accomplishments (Big Ten Title, back to back 10+ win seasons), this season will resonate as an opportunity lost.

Its not an opportunity lost to me because we are not winning a title with this o line. If Indiana, Northwestern and Rutgers can expose it what do you think deeply talented teams will do?

Our team is a fraud, we can fatten up on the small guys of the conference but anyone that gives resistance and has quality players go against us we either lose or win on the last play of the game.

Today's game was the perfect example, just like NW, Indiana, and Pitt games. The team as a whole looks solid but there are extreme warts that are easy to cover up by playing such inferior talent. So you win 35-6 and say damn we are really good we can beat anybody.

I love PSU with all my heart and would love to see nothing more but I am realist and can be objective. We are the team with the biggest warts in the top 15.

Its not an opportunity lost to me because we are not winning a title with this o line. If Indiana, Northwestern and Rutgers can expose it what do you think deeply talented teams will do?

Our team is a fraud, we can fatten up on the small guys of the conference but anyone that gives resistance and has quality players go against us we either lose or win on the last play of the game.

Today's game was the perfect example, just like NW, Indiana, and Pitt games. The team as a whole looks solid but there are extreme warts that are easy to cover up by playing such inferior talent. So you win 35-6 and say damn we are really good we can beat anybody.

I love PSU with all my heart and would love to see nothing more but I am realist and can be objective. We are the team with the biggest warts in the top 15.

Just silly. We see top 15 teams getting blown out yet we're the fraud team because we lost 2 road games by 1 point and 3 points, both to ranked teams? You're not a realist, you're just wrong.

If the 02 team doesn't get hosed vs. iowa and Michigan they're a top 5 team at worst heading into the bowls. Agree about the 09 team however. That team got pasted by the only two teams with a pulse that it played.

Hey ahole, you're clueless. STFU.

If the 02 team doesn't get hosed vs. iowa and Michigan they're a top 5 team at worst heading into the bowls. Agree about the 09 team however. That team got pasted by the only two teams with a pulse that it played.

Look, I liked the 02 team. But re: the Iowa game, we dug ourselves such a hole that we left no margin for error and allowed the refs to affect the game. IMHO, that was on us. The officials stole the Michigan game from us, pure and simple.

It is an opportunity lost to me because as bad as the line okay has been, we were winning in the 4th quarter of both of our losses and had multiple chances to win each game and be 10-0. So yes, opportunity lost.

Reactions: psu2016
OSU was appropriately placed at #13 after the bad loss last week. If they move up because others lose, what's wrong with that? It helps we won in blowout fashion over a decent MSU team. Top 4 teams Notre Dame and Georgia getting embarrassed helps too. I don't like to see two loss teams in the playoff, but if that's all there is left, what the heck.
And what was your position last year?

Reactions: ralphster
Just silly. We see top 15 teams getting blown out yet we're the fraud team because we lost 2 road games by 1 point and 3 points, both to ranked teams? You're not a realist, you're just wrong.

And you are being a subjective fan if you don't see severe warts on this team that gets exposed by very inferior competition and completely exposed against good competition.

One of them, OSU, will make the final four if they win out. As it pertains to OSU, the rules are different. Being blown out by both Okla and Iowa won’t count. But a 3 point loss to Pitt (who beat the NC, Clemson) and a 29 point loss to Michie negates PSU’s B1G championship. OSU’s resume this year is much worse than PSU’s last year. That won’t matter. It’s The OSU.

Welll... they aren't being compared to PSU last year if picked this year,,, they would be compared to PSU this year, so it's a moot point. College football this year vs. last year are different scenarios.

Hey ahole, you're clueless. STFU.

Oh how dare I say our team isn't as good as you thought it was. Another homer who can't see flaws in team that JF has repeatedly said we have, including again today. We are a good team all around, but a fraudulent National Championship contender. How can you watch this team weekly and come out with anything different than seeing major flaws at the most important aspects of the offense and defense. SMH

JF says "it was easier to cover up some of our flaws against inferior competition, we knew they were there, you could see it, but we were able to disguise them better" after losing to Michigan State

He knew it. Your blinders don't let you see it. You enjoy these home games against Rutgers and Akron where all is wonderful in the world, run up the score yeah yeah yeah. Like playing rookie level on video games, its cute and fun isn't it, until you up the level and realize i don't do that nearly as well as i thought i did, let me get back to my friendly confines of Beaver Stadium and rookie level. Well good for you next weeks opponent will have you beating your chest we are top team in the country again even though Saquon has 33 yards on 13 carries and Trace is running for his life but is able to complete passes. And the Nebraska offense, much like Rutgers or Akron or Pitt or Ga St can't throw a forward pass better than my 3 year old. Its cute.

Reactions: roarnittanylions
JF says "it was easier to cover up some of our flaws against inferior competition, we knew they were there, you could see it, but we were able to disguise them better" after losing to Michigan State

He knew it. Your blinders don't let you see it. You enjoy these home games against Rutgers and Akron where all is wonderful in the world, run up the score yeah yeah yeah. Like playing rookie level on video games, its cute and fun isn't it, until you up the level and realize i don't do that nearly as well as i thought i did, let me get back to my friendly confines of Beaver Stadium and rookie level. Well good for you next weeks opponent will have you beating your chest we are top team in the country again even though Saquon has 33 yards on 13 carries and Trace is running for his life but is able to complete passes. And the Nebraska offense, much like Rutgers or Akron or Pitt or Ga St can't throw a forward pass better than my 3 year old. Its cute.

And the irony of it all is that if we continued to play aggressively against OSU, we are undefeated right now. No way we lose to MSU if we beat OSU, Hell, we had 200 yards of offense in the first quarter vs MSU.

My only concern is our quality of opponents suck. CFP poll has awarded a higher ranked team looking to a higher ranked team.

And you are being a subjective fan if you don't see severe warts on this team that gets exposed by very inferior competition and completely exposed against good competition.

Of course I'm a subjective fan. What are you, some source of objective truth? You're giving your opinion, just like me. I just happen to think your opinion sucks.

You cry about our warts being "completely exposed" against good teams and to some extent, I would agree with you. Yet despite being completely exposed as you say we've lost 2 road games to ranked teams by 1 point and 3 points. ND lost by 30+, OSU lost by 30+, Georgia lost by 20+. If we're frauds for losing 2 road games by a total of 4 points, then what do you consider those teams that got blown out?

One of them, OSU, will make the final four if they win out. As it pertains to OSU, the rules are different. Being blown out by both Okla and Iowa won’t count. But a 3 point loss to Pitt (who beat the NC, Clemson) and a 29 point loss to Michie negates PSU’s B1G championship. OSU’s resume this year is much worse than PSU’s last year. That won’t matter. It’s The OSU.

There are a lot more reasons than that to hate people, a LOT more

Welll... they aren't being compared to PSU last year if picked this year,,, they would be compared to PSU this year, so it's a moot point. College football this year vs. last year are different scenarios.
Does the criteria change because it’s OSU this year. Now stick your moot point where the sun don’t shine.:)

Yup, already heard it today, OSU could easily play themselves back in the playoff now. What??? They got blown out at Iowa who is mediocre (i know they are good at home) but blown away and blown away on their home field to OU. I could easily argue PSU two losses much better and OSU has not beaten anyone of substance.

PSU is no one of substance??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT