ADVERTISEMENT

WVU coming with locker room material...

Delcolion915

Mar 19, 2022
... apologize for not having the link, but a Mountaineer player claiming they're going to "take Penn State's soul" and "punch them in the mouth".

Again I don't have the link so I apologize but it's on YouTube

Z8mDQv.gif

... apologize for not having the link, but a Mountaineer player claiming they're going to "take Penn State's soul" and "punch them in the mouth".

Wasn't he a northwestern transfer?

Wasn't he a northwestern transfer?
Garnett Hollis Jr was one of 13 transfers into WVU'd program. He spent 4 years at Northwestern before his transfer. Each of his last 3 seasons his stats reflected his development. He recorded 49 tackles and I think 3.5 tackles for loss last season and 1 int playing in every game for NU.

Last edited:

Half of this board is giving them reason to believe that with how "worried" they are. If I was a WVU I'd be optimistic listening to the cowards in our fan base too.

Yeah, saw that. Very foolish on their part, IMO. — WVU had a bit of an advantage with home field and possible “ first game” PSU jitters. This may have effectively neutralized that, now. — Hopefully our team will respond on the field, and not social media.

Garnett Hollis Jr was one of 13 transfers into WVU'd program. He spent 4 years at Northwestern before his transfer. Each of his last 3 seasons his stats reflected his development. He recorded 49 tackles and I think 3.5 tackles for loss last season and 1 int playing in every game for NU.
If he played at Northwestern he should know better how to lose gracefully.....

Half of this board is giving them reason to believe that with how "worried" they are. If I was a WVU I'd be optimistic listening to the cowards in our fan base too.
Cowards? Is anyone here on the team? I think there is simple skepticism. And getting pushed around under Franklin is nothing new.

After a decade plus, it’s beyond time to get that corrected.

This team has lost its century old identity. PSU is now a finesse team now. And sometimes that has haunted the Nittany Lions under Franklin.

Cowards? Is anyone here on the team? I think there is simple skepticism. And getting pushed around under Franklin is nothing new.

This team has lost its century old identity. PSU is now a finesse team now. And sometimes that has haunted the Nittany Lions under Franklin.
What style did psu play when they lost to Toledo?

What are you talking about? The last two years they've beat everyone they should have. This isn't Michigan or Ohio Sgate.
How many teams in college football run our old style? Accept change.
WVU isn't a threat. And, yes, only cowards are worried about them. The expectation should be that we're gat superior and we win. Simple concept
You can have doubt about Franklin without worrying about a team picked to finish 7th in a weak Big XII that we beat easily last year playing our C game.

Fitzgerald's teams often exceeded expectations and were well coached.

Did they? How many games did you expect him to win in 2022? 1-11? Do you want to be more like northwestern??? Lol

If a coach sets really low expectations and exceeds them, did he do a good job?

Ps. Do you think Franklin should try to create lower or higher expectations?

Reactions: OKLionFan
Did they? How many games did you expect him to win in 2022? 1-11? Do you want to be more like northwestern??? Lol

If a coach sets really low expectations and exceeds them, did he do a good job?

Ps. Do you think Franklin should try to create lower or higher expectations?
Yes they had more success under Fitzgerald than any other coach in their history
You're comparing Penn State and Northwestern which is adorable
Franklin has tried to set low expectations but, as FPI shows, anything less than a playoff birth this year is a failure.
This response is also odd as I just defended Franklin in this thread but you being obsessed with him is pathetic

Reactions: scrivener
What are you talking about? The last two years they've beat everyone they should have. This isn't Michigan or Ohio Sgate.
How many teams in college football run our old style? Accept change.
WVU isn't a threat. And, yes, only cowards are worried about them. The expectation should be that we're gat superior and we win. Simple concept
You can have doubt about Franklin without worrying about a team picked to finish 7th in a weak Big XII that we beat easily last year playing our C game.
How many teams win with a finesse game? Georgia? Alabama? Michigan? Ohio State?

PSU have beaten next to no one in a long time?

How many teams win with a finesse game? Georgia? Alabama? Michigan? Ohio State?

PSU have beaten next to no one in a long time?
Ohio State does. Bama does some seasons depending on their roster. Oregon and Washington consistently do. Clemson and OU have.
Georgia and Michigan are the only two you listed who actually use a physical game consistently and they're the two programs most bashed on this board so...

Yes they had more success under Fitzgerald than any other coach in their history
You're comparing Penn State and Northwestern which is adorable
Franklin has tried to set low expectations but, as FPI shows, anything less than a playoff birth this year is a failure.
This response is also odd as I just defended Franklin in this thread but you being obsessed with him is pathetic

You brought up northwestern exceeding expectations, not me.

Franklin srt low expectations? Is that why fans pick them to go 12-0 every year?

What an absolute joke of a response. The performance of Franklin’s PSU pales in comparison to JVP’s. Big games, best teams? Even more so.
Joe averaged 9-3 a season for his career. He also had a losing record vs Ohio state and Michigan. Go figure.

Most of joes career psu was lining up against Boston college, temple, Pitt, Rutgers, west Virginia, Maryland, Syracuse, army, navy and a random MAC team. If Franklin scheduled that schedule you would complain about a soft schedule.

Reactions: LMTLION
You brought up northwestern exceeding expectations, not me.

Franklin srt low expectations? Is that why fans pick them to go 12-0 every year?
Who has ever picked us to realistically go 12-0?
Northwestern under Fitz did--see their history prior to his arrival
The issue with Fitz is he never left when he should have

What kind of moron transfers from Northwestern to banjos in the distance West by God Virginia?

Joe averaged 9-3 a season for his career. He also had a losing record vs Ohio state and Michigan. Go figure.

Most of joes career psu was lining up against Boston college, temple, Pitt, Rutgers, west Virginia, Maryland, Syracuse, army, navy and a random MAC team. If Franklin scheduled that schedule you would complain about a soft schedule.
That Eastern schedule that PSU played beginning when Pitt got good in the mid 70s from the late 80s was much better than the typical Big 10 schedule during that time. Also during that time, PSU had long standing series with ND and Bama and also a series with Nebraska among others.

From 1976 to 1988, Pitt won the NC in 1976, PSU won the NC in 1982 and 1986 and played for it in 1978 and 1985, and WVU played for it in 1988, and that doesn’t even include the really good BC teams with Flutie and the really good Syracuse teams in the 80s.

The same one they played against USC, Pitt, tOSU, Minnesota, Iowa, and Michigan when they went 5-7, that year. . Toledo went 10-1 that year.
10-1 doesn't make losing to Toledo any better--Toledo couldn't even win their division in the MAC

What kind of moron transfers from Northwestern to banjos in the distance West by God Virginia?
Moron?

Northwestern = noisy urban environment. Chicago. Crime, expensive, over crowded, drug abuse, homeless, illegal immigrants,

Morgantown = peaceful rural environment, safe, quiet, cheap, golf courses, river sports, mountain biking, fishing, camping….and some pretty hot mountain women back in them hollers!

Reactions: Hotshoe and bison13
Paterno had countless down seasons and bad games. Too many.
What's your definition of a down season? Anything less than 12-0 ? If that's the definition then I would posit that most every coach in college football has had countless down seasons.

What's your definition of a down season? Anything less than 12-0 ? If that's the definition then I would posit that most every coach in college football has had countless down seasons.
More than 2 losses (espeically when they played 11 games) and Paterno had some horrible seasons even between the titles in 82 and 86.
The decade following the title in 82 was basically 7 bad years but a title in their makes people ignore it.

More than 2 losses (espeically when they played 11 games) and Paterno had some horrible seasons even between the titles in 82 and 86.
The decade following the title in 82 was basically 7 bad years but a title in their makes people ignore it.
Two National championships and probably deserved at least a couple more. Building a program from an obscure regional team into a national powerhouse, generating a second to none fan base packing 106,000 in to see us play Kent State is all you need to know. Next.

Two National championships and probably deserved at least a couple more. Building a program from an obscure regional team into a national powerhouse, generating a second to none fan base packing 106,000 in to see us play Kent State is all you need to know. Next.
Did we have down years during that time frame?
And, yes, a title buys you the benefit of doubt--not saying he should have been fired--saying that he had some awful years and many here let it go because of "we do things the right way" nonsense.

• Wow
Reactions: Hotshoe
Based on that measure, even Nick Saban had 10 down seasons in his 28 years of coaching. Just saying.

Based on that measure, even Nick Saban had 10 down seasons in his 28 years of coaching. Just saying.
You think Saban lost more than twice 10 times?
By 10 down seasons you mean 1 after his first season
And I think his only 2 loss season was 2022--unless you're counting meaningless bowl games or pretending losing 2 including a playoff loss is comparable to a 8-3 or 9-3 regular season
Oh--lol--you're using Michigan State lmao--adorable.

Last edited:
You say pretending a lot when you mean somebody disagrees with you. Like you are the arbiter of truth and everyone else is just playing at it. You are a disagreeable person for no good reason. But I'm probably just pretending that.

You say pretending a lot when you mean somebody disagrees with you. Like you are the arbiter of truth and everyone else is just playing at it. You are a disagreeable person for no good reason. But I'm probably just pretending that.
Pretending is not accepting reality. Like believing theast 2 years didn't happen when analyzing 2024

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT