ADVERTISEMENT

Your Big 10 bowl order of confidence?

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
In order of confidence, from most likely to win to least likely to win, how do you rank the Big 10 teams (1-9) likelihood of winning their bowl game matchup?

The Big 10 teams and their bowl opponents (in no order):

Minnesota vs. Georgia Tech
Penn State vs Kentucky
Michigan vs Florida
Ohio State vs Washington
Iowa vs Mississippi State
Michigan State vs Oregon
Wisconsin vs Miami
Purdue vs Auburn
Northwestern vs Utah

My order of confidence:

Penn State - after Trace being high on some early throws due to adrenaline, he settles down and has a big game in his last time in a Penn State uniform.
Michigan – despite some Wolverines not playing, Florida is overrated IMO.
Ohio State – Will the Buckeyes play hard for Urban’s last game?
Michigan State - ?
Wisconsin – Miami can’t throw the football and Wisconsin isn’t much better at it.
Northwestern – Fitzgerald usually has the Wildcats play well in a bowl game, but Utah is solid.
Iowa – Ferentz should be used to seeing JoeMo’s offense but the Hawkeyes don’t have enough offense to keep up.
Purdue – if Auburn has quit on Malzahn then this pick is too low.
Minnesota – not used to seeing GT’s offense and will I think GT will play hard for Johnson’s last game.

Your order of confidence?

1. Ohio State that will curb stomp Washington not that the Huskies are bad but this one will be emotionally driven plus Washington does not have an explosive offense to keep up.
2. Penn State we win not going to say its a huge margin of victory but i think we still win pretty easy as in we dominate on Defense and score enough offensively.

The rest are absolute crap shots to me not one game would i be surprised by who wins.
I think Michigan has mailed it in actually, Wisconsin-UM first to 17 wins.
Oregon-MSU could be a very good game but i think Oregon wins it with there smash mouth style.

In order of confidence, from most likely to win to least likely to win, how do you rank the Big 10 teams (1-9) likelihood of winning their bowl game matchup?

Penn State vs Kentucky
Michigan vs Florida
Ohio State vs Washington
Michigan State vs Oregon
Wisconsin vs Miami
Purdue vs Auburn
Northwestern vs Utah

My order of confidence:

Penn State - after Trace being high on some early throws due to adrenaline, he settles down and has a big game in his last time in a Penn State uniform.
Michigan State - ?
Wisconsin – Miami can’t throw the football and Wisconsin isn’t much better at it.
Northwestern – Fitzgerald usually has the Wildcats play well in a bowl game, but Utah is solid.
Iowa – Ferentz should be used to seeing JoeMo’s offense but the Hawkeyes don’t have enough offense to keep up.
Minnesota – not used to seeing GT’s offense and will I think GT will play hard for Johnson’s last game.

OSU - Will destroy Washington
Michigan - Florida isn't that good, Michigan has a ton of talent
Penn State - Expect a win, pulling away in the second half
Wisconsin - Neither team is all that great
Michigan State - Might keep it close and pull off a win
Northwestern - Close game, NW loses though
Iowa - Loss
Minnesota - Blowout loss
Purdue - Blowout loss

Penn State vs Kentucky
Michigan vs Florida
Ohio State vs Washington
Michigan State vs Oregon
Wisconsin vs Miami
Purdue vs Auburn
Northwestern vs Utah

My order of confidence:

Michigan State - ?

Order of confidence to win their bowl game:
  1. Wisconsin - solid personnel against an ACC Coastal cupcake -- big win for the Wolverines
  2. Penn State -- we have many more good players than does Kentucky
  3. Michigan -- solid team -- Florida is not a solid team
  4. Ohio State -- just better than Washington
  5. Minnesota -- decent Big Ten team against another ACC Coastal cupcake
  6. Northwestern -- Fitzgerald usually outcoaches his opponent
  7. Iowa -- tough game for the Hawkeyes
  8. MSU -- MSU was over-rated all season -- win against us was a total fluke
  9. Purdue -- Auburn is very good; Purdue isn't -- still can't believe they beat Ohio State

Penn State vs Kentucky
Michigan vs Florida
Ohio State vs Washington
Michigan State vs Oregon
Wisconsin vs Miami
Purdue vs Auburn
Northwestern vs Utah

1. Ohio State over Washington -- Meyer goes out a winner
2. Wisconsin over Miami -- Miami seems like a collapsing program to me
3. Oregon over MSU -- no rain delays or dropped game-winning interceptions to save the Spartans
4. Mississippi State over Iowa -- Moorhead's defense appears to be excellent and he's gamepplanned vs Iowa twice already
5. Evil Empire over Florida -- I thoroughly despise those overrated, arrogant $#$%@$ but they always seem to beat the Gators.
6. Utah over Northwestern -- haven't watched either team enough to know why I make this pick other than I always pull against the Big Ten.
7. Auburn over Purdue -- Auburn hung with Bama for a while.
8. Ga Tech over Minnesota -- see #6

I never predict Penn State games because my heart often makes my head its fool. (my pardon to Francois de la Rochefoucauld)

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Wisconsin - solid personnel against an ACC Coastal cupcake -- big win for the Wolverines
Wolverines?
Forget it, he's rolling
WellgroomedBaggyAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

I expect OSU to steamroll Washington. They are better plus they have a huge emotional motivation for Urbans last game. That would be at the top of my list.

PSU and Michigan are the next most likely.

I don't even know why this is a thread. 2020 has already determined that none of these games matter and we should be wasting our time with them.

They don't matter. You can still discuss them. We discuss many things here that don't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT