ADVERTISEMENT

133 Transfer - DeSanto?

Flying_Tiger

May 27, 2011
Rumblings that a quality 133 will be getting a release from his current school and will be on the move. Let the speculation commence!

DeSanto and Gary Wayne Harding jump out immediately as potential candidates. Maybe Gross is looking to follow Bono?

Hawk fan already dropping hints it's DeSanto. Probably the most intriguing, lots of talent along with some personality issues.

Last edited:
DeSanto would be a great piece for them, but emotionally it seems like a bad fit. Terry is the last thing he needs. But on the other hand, maybe Terry could be a relatable mentor. Terry managed to land a D1 coaching job while being a lunatic.

DeSanto would be a great piece for them, but emotionally it seems like a bad fit. Terry is the last thing he needs.

DeSanto + Terry Brands =

giphy.gif

Rumblings that a quality 133 will be getting a release from his current school and will be on the move. Let the speculation commence!

DeSanto and Gary Wayne Harding jump out immediately as potential candidates. Maybe Gross is looking to follow Bono?

Hawk fan already dropping hints it's DeSanto. Probably the most intriguing, lots of talent along with some personality issues.
I think it was Obrats (Rutgers guy) who first said it. Something like Iowa would be seeing more of Desanto. Could be Iowa; could be Rutgers. Supposedly the kid needs to be close to home and Rutgers not too far from home

Maybe being in a room where he routinely gets humbled would help him handle adversity better. I don't know anything about Drexel's room, but I would be surprised if he gets truly challenged on a regular basis...

Reactions: PSU Yinzer
HR already berated DeSanto for the NCAA stuff (there's a 4 page thread). They would have to go back on their word if he goes to IC.
You mean like they had to for Downey?

I'll believe this when I see it. HR has been longing for DeSanto since the moment he got his hand raised in Hershey.

PS, April Fools Day?

Last edited:

Mrs Hockeygod and I were in the Drexel section. When Desanto was yelling at his coaches post match, his mother stood up and yelled for all to hear..."he's done" and went on to make a fuss. No idea if that is something that plays out with him transferring but that was witnessed first hand.

Saw an interview where Austin admits to yelling at dudes in practice for not going hard enough. Someone is definitely taking on a project.

I don' see Desanto @ Rutgers 133 with Surriano moving up. Read somewhere that Gross is graduating or had enough credits to graduate. This not really a transfer but with a new coach coming in I could see him moving as a possibility. How would it be for him to want to end his career with a national team championship. That would be awesome and send the HR over the edge. We could simply RS Teasdale and RBY and set or sites on 5+ national champions. I give this a 5% on the probability scale but it is nice to dream in the off season

Reactions: PSUer1989
I don' see Desanto @ Rutgers 133 with Surriano moving up. Read somewhere that Gross is graduating or had enough credits to graduate. This not really a transfer but with a new coach coming in I could see him moving as a possibility. How would it be for him to want to end his career with a national team championship. That would be awesome and send the HR over the edge. We could simply RS Teasdale and RBY and set or sites on 5+ national champions. I give this a 5% on the probability scale but it is nice to dream in the off season
Yeah, I forgot Suriano moving up. I’d like to see us blood our new guys because we’ll need them in 2020

So the Fearless Warrior is returning just to **** with your heads.

I am all for PSU getting a one and done transfer so RBY can redshirt

Last edited:
1. Not real big on ripping DeSanto or name calling. He has a situation that when frustrated can manifest in angered behavior. The behavior with Micic was not good and needs to be addressed, but probably in a environment not immediately following a rear kicking, ego bruising defeat.

2. Unless one of his parents gets a VP job at Coe, DeSanto is not transferring to Iowa. Distance from home support is too great. If he did though, HR would immediately be understanding of his QF behavior and would universally profess all negative posts on HR were authored by Cael in an effort to keep DeSanto from Iowa.

1. Not real big on ripping DeSanto or name calling. He has a situation that when frustrated can manifest in angered behavior. The behavior with Micic was not good and needs to be addressed, but probably in a environment not immediately following a rear kicking, ego bruising defeat.

2. Unless one of his parents gets a VP job at Coe, DeSanto is not transferring to Iowa. Distance from home support is too great. If he did though, HR would immediately be understanding of his QF behavior and would universally profess all negative posts on HR were authored by Cael in an effort to keep DeSanto from Iowa.
#1 well-stated, nit. Most judge, and only a few can truly understand. Whatever environment is best-suited for him, in the short and long run, would be where he should be.

Saw an interview where Austin admits to yelling at dudes in practice for not going hard enough. Someone is definitely taking on a project.
I like the kid. I don't love some of the loss of self-control, but we need to remember that no matter how many ESPN cameras cover the sport, it's still a ****ing combat sport, man. It still involves the highest and most passionate of reactions due to it being one of the closest activities to life/death fight/flight scenarios.

Like no, don't break the guys arm in the match, but I don't need a press conference telling me every little detail. DeSanto got pissed. It happens. Fix it, or you get suspended.

I like the kid. I don't love some of the loss of self-control, but we need to remember that no matter how many ESPN cameras cover the sport, it's still a ****ing combat sport, man. It still involves the highest and most passionate of reactions due to it being one of the closest activities to life/death fight/flight scenarios.

Like no, don't break the guys arm in the match, but I don't need a press conference telling me every little detail. DeSanto got pissed. It happens. Fix it, or you get suspended.
Mostly agree. I don't care if the kid yells at his teammates or his coaches (so long as it's a team other than PSU). However, trying to hurt an opponent is unacceptable, and IMO his autism is no excuse for that. If that behavior can't be controlled, he shouldn't be out there.

Oh, I totally believe they creamed him for his behavior at natioanls.

What I don't believe is him transferring there just because HR said so.

At least in the thread I saw, the rumor was initiated by a Rutgers guy. And it didn't directly say DeSanto to Iowa. It was more cryptic, something like "Iowa may be seeing a lot more of DeSanto".

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Mostly agree. I don't care if the kid yells at his teammates or his coaches (so long as it's a team other than PSU). However, trying to hurt an opponent is unacceptable, and IMO his autism is no excuse for that. If that behavior can't be controlled, he shouldn't be out there.
Please share your source for him being autistic.

Reactions: lionlover
Please share your source for him being autistic.
A close friend coaches in Berks. Always different. Alphabet soup of issues. Told my buddy to FO after congratulating him after some event.......when he was in about 9th grade. Never thought AS would make it at the next level. Stunned at how gracious and mature after the big win in high school.

If Chance can get his act together, maybe AS can too

A close friend coaches in Berks. Always different. Alphabet soup of issues. Told my buddy to FO after congratulating him after some event.......when he was in about 9th grade. Never thought AS would make it at the next level. Stunned at how gracious and mature after the big win in high school.

If Chance can get his act together, maybe AS can too

AS? Who dat?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT