ADVERTISEMENT

133 Transfer - DeSanto?

I wonder what Goodale would tell Austin if he went to Rutgers, before the Penn State meet?

"Now, remember Austin, last year at Nationals against Micic...? This is how we roll against these guys!"...
I will be holding my breath for our 133-141. Micic might have gotten effed up if the 2nd ref hasn’t stepped in. The main ref was picking his nose and ignoring the hold.

Imagine if Pletcher got to advance with bonus after a MFF by Micic. We would have been tearing our hair out.

Was he winning when you saw him? Speaking generally, at a High Schooler's age (though I'm not excluding those younger or older), losing isn't always dealt with well, and it happens in all sports. Great coaches help these young people deal with losses in a way that makes them better athletes, AND better people.
Yes he did win the hand full of matches the I watched- I agree whole hearty that losing at the HS age can prompt many emotion in some kids. I also agree that a good coach can form these kids into great young men--a good coach is a counselor-mentor-and friend all wrapped into one- and I believe that the PSU staff excels at this for MOST of their wrestlers--there are exception to every rule-
I am pushing 50 years old--I am still in contact with my Elementary --JR high and High school coaches

Reactions: RoarLions1
Yes he did win the hand full of matches the I watched- I agree whole hearty that losing at the HS age can prompt many emotion in some kids. I also agree that a good coach can form these kids into great young men--a good coach is a counselor-mentor-and friend all wrapped into one- and I believe that the PSU staff excels at this for MOST of their wrestlers--there are exception to every rule-
I am pushing 50 years old--I am still in contact with my Elementary --JR high and High school coaches

Asperger's is a developmental disorder often characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction. No coach should think he can resolve these issues in the conventional way.

Interestingly, Penn State will be hosting a 'National Autism Conference' this coming August ... just sayin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT