ADVERTISEMENT

133 Transfer - DeSanto?

If the young man has the problem he should get the medical help first then think about wrestling.
Some one could get hurt and then he could feel the blame and then maybe could do something bad to himself..This is a serious thing to deal with just the way I look at it..
If he does have austium

Penn State fans can't say shit about us trying to take in a problem child when Cael was the first person at DeSanto's door with a box of chocolates. Just thought I'd point that out before the crap comes pouring in.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
Another McKenna case. Only take him to block him from nearest competitor.

Hard to imagine Cael doing that or DeSanto (and his parents) not seeing through that gamesmanship. Doesn’t seem like DeSanto would be a good fit at PSU. But it’s easy to imagine his parents approaching Cael about helping their son become a respectable and world class wrestler.

Reactions: kevin310
Penn State fans can't say shit about us trying to take in a problem child when Cael was the first person at DeSanto's door with a box of chocolates. Just thought I'd point that out before the crap comes pouring in.

Maybe. Flo's PSU sources have come up considerably short in the past.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Desanto should have been DQ'd from NCAAs. Still, hard not to appreciate his style (when he isn't pulling that crap). I'm all for second chances, and I happen to believe our coaching staff may have what it takes to help him clean up his act. Not focusing on winning or losing (just personal output) would seem to be a good start.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Wasn't nearly as bad as Metcalf trying to paralyze Caldwell.
0710f7da-2548-11de-839d-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

Reactions: smealpsu2005
Some AZ poster on themat keeps saying RBY is taking an OTC year. Is this true?

Are we ready to label DeSanto as a problem child after one egregious incident? I cringed when I watched it, but could it be the kid lost his cool and did something incredibly stupid without thinking about intent? He's a PA kid who must have been wrestling for years to get to this level. Do any of our posters from District 3 know if there is a history of this type of behavior from Austin? Did he have any other incidents this year at Drexel? If this is repeated behavior, I'm all for giving him a pass. If not, I wouldn't compare him to PDIII who has been a jackwagon for years.

Evidently you didn't read the article where it states that Austin had been at Penn State working out which indicates that he has had an established relationship there.

If the family calls and says hey can we talk, are you saying we shouldnt hear them out? We should say, what are the optics of a SE PA kid coming to PSU and OMG what will anonymous wrestling posters say bad about us........

Last i checked we have ample phones according to the HR and the reality is you guys actually picked up the phone this time around and called a recruit.

I get that he's a good wrestler with a great motor. But whomever lands him is taking on a social experiment. I hope it works out for the best for all involved.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
I can't find a way to get excited about the possibility of this when just yesterday I felt he should be have been DQ'ed from the tournament.

Reactions: Fatmarc and fronk71

Lots of assumptions there without you knowing the facts. Just thought I would point that out since you already seem to be pouring the crap.

Classic

FWIW - the phrase I’ve heard is “mild aspergers”.

That’s nowhere near as severe as autism can be.

Here's how it will go down on HR:

If he chooses Iowa: "DeSanto is a good kid who made one mistake. Tom and Terry will get him straightened out."

If he chooses Penn State: "DeSanto is a psychopath. Just shows Cael and company will do anything to win."

Turk, you forgot about his bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 for Long.

If Penn State gets DeSanto, you could refer to Penn State then as Penn State "B.C"-before Carson(Manville) and Penn State "A.D."-after DeSanto(Austin).

I'll be here all week, try the veal.

Reactions: kingslayer_85
Here's how it will go down on HR:

If he chooses Iowa: "DeSanto is a good kid who made one mistake. Tom and Terry will get him straightened out."

If he chooses Penn State: "DeSanto is a psychopath. Just shows Cael and company will do anything to win."
will go down the same here if he chooses Iowa

If Penn State gets DeSanto, you could refer to Penn State then as Penn State "B.C"-before Carson(Manville) and Penn State "A.D."-after DeSanto(Austin).

I'll be here all week, try the veal.
BC would be pre 2010, right?

Feeling like I just bought an upgrade ticket on the Hell Express with that crack.

Reactions: Notsofastmyfriend21
will go down the same here if he chooses Iowa
I respectfully disagree. This is probably the most discretionary board there is, in terms of being objective, rather than subjective. I'm fairly sure the consistent thoughts on DeSanto will echo the thoughts on him currently: A young man who had lost his control and his emotional responses at a tournament, who deserves a second chance, nothing more and nothing less.

I respectfully disagree. This is probably the most discretionary board there is, in terms of being objective, rather than subjective. I'm fairly sure the consistent thoughts on DeSanto will echo the thoughts on him currently: A young man who had lost his control and his emotional responses at a tournament, who deserves a second chance, nothing more and nothing less.

That is the majority opinion of him on Hawkeye Report as well. Just because a few people were making outlandish statements about the Micic incident doesn’t mean that is all of HR’s view on him.

That is the majority opinion of him on Hawkeye Report as well. Just because a few people were making outlandish statements about the Micic incident doesn’t mean that is all of HR’s view on him.
Regardless of where he ends up, the sun will come up tomorrow, some people on HR will continue to misspell Cael's name, that one dude on HR will continue to make Sandusky references in every other PSU thread, and TaTo will continue to complain about officiating.

Oh, and Rutgers will still suck. There, I knew something was missing.

It was all over the wrestling forums/Facebook ect. not just HR. Just telling you what I have observed. You can decide for yourself what is right and wrong in life.

Pretty sure one of the Flo guys even mentioned it on an FRL episode

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT