ADVERTISEMENT

2018-2019 English Premier League thread

I don’t know how I managed to screw this up, but this is incorrect. After today’s match (Monday, April 1), of the top six clubs five have played 31 matches and Liverpool has played 32.
I still like Spurs to take that 4th spot, but Man U can possibly get it with some luck. I still like City at the top, but they have a tougher road left as compared to Liverpool.

Reactions: LionJim
I still like Spurs to take that 4th spot, but Man U can possibly get it with some luck. I still like City at the top, but they have a tougher road left as compared to Liverpool.
If the race for the top comes down to the final game, things could be interesting. MC plays Brighton, who has played pretty well at home earlier in the season. Liverpool vs Wolverhampton - yikes.

Question for anyone who saw the end of the Tottenham match Sunday. On the cross that setup the own goal, there were 2 players clearly offsides in the box. But it was a 3rd player who fielded the cross and hit the shot that went off the keeper and the defenseman and in...

Was it not considered offsides because the guys who were off did not handle the ball?

Question for anyone who saw the end of the Tottenham match Sunday. On the cross that setup the own goal, there were 2 players clearly offsides in the box. But it was a 3rd player who fielded the cross and hit the shot that went off the keeper and the defenseman and in...

Was it not considered offsides because the guys who were off did not handle the ball?
Correct. You actually don't have to touch the ball, just influence the play.

Those 2 players did appear to be offside, however it wasn't completely clear. There was one defender that was off screen when the ball is played in and he is clearing the area to draw them offside. He probably cleared the 2 players when the ball was play, but it wasn't totally clear based on the camera angle. Likely though.

Reactions: aalion and TheGLOV
Tottenham beats CP, now in 3rd.

I've mentioned before in this thread that this is my first season following this league. It's been surprisingly entertaining to me. Though I guess the mostly weekend morning time slots don't bump up against anything else, so it works out.

I've mentioned before in this thread that this is my first season following this league. It's been surprisingly entertaining to me. Though I guess the mostly weekend morning time slots don't bump up against anything else, so it works out.
It was a brilliant move by NBC and EPL. Funny, my brother lives in London and he is amazed at how many games we get. Over there, I believe it's like the NFL Sunday ticket - mostly gotta pay to see them.

I'm amazed at how many people I know that adopted an EPL team and whom I would never think would be into soccer. Also very interesting to how many kids walk around in players jersey's these days. I see more Namar's, Messi's, etc than I do someone like Mike Trout.

Did you adopt a team yet?

Reactions: MJG-90
Not officially. I'm rooting for Liverpool the rest of this year just because I've decided I hate Man City. I'm down to about a half dozen total with probably three serious contenders.
Lol, that works. Just be warned that the weirdest and creepiest guys on this board just happen to be Liverpool fans.

Lol, that works. Just be warned that the weirdest and creepiest guys on this board just happen to be Liverpool fans.
To that I say, Bite Me
giphy.gif

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim

I have taken notes. I actually might choose based on my group of closest friends. Two are huge soccer fans. One roots for Man U, the other Liverpool. Just to keep from choosing one over the other, I might pick Tottenham. Though there is something to be said for choosing a total underdog as well.

This must be what these high school kids feel like. I've never been recruited so hard in my life. ;)

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
I have taken notes. I actually might choose based on my group of closest friends. Two are huge soccer fans. One roots for Man U, the other Liverpool. Just to keep from choosing one over the other, I might pick Tottenham. Though there is something to be said for choosing a total underdog as well.

This must be what these high school kids feel like. I've never been recruited so hard in my life. ;)
Just remember, you won't get to see the lower tier teams as much on tv.
Actually, if you are looking for an underdog AND a team that you will see on tv a bit, Tottenham would be a good choice. Most on this board weren't alive the last time they won the EPL. They're kind of like the Cleveland Browns/Indians of the EPL.

Not officially. I'm rooting for Liverpool the rest of this year just because I've decided I hate Man City. I'm down to about a half dozen total with probably three serious contenders.

I don't hate Man City, but as I also don't have a team, I am not going to choose the front-runner as my team. That said, they are a lot of fun to watch. They can score goals in a hurry.

Liverpool is a great team, too. I like how they play.

When Son and Kane get going, Tottenham is very good too. Some people like to hate Kane, but that's because he's so good and not on their team.

I just can't settle on a team.

Reactions: TheGLOV

Liverpool just beat Tottenham MJG90.

Root for a winner = Liverpool.

Not a loser = Tottenham (And any team LionJim roots for)

;):):):);)

Last edited:
Hey! There was a match yesterday!!

Crickets? Where are ya crickets?

Liverpool 3 Southampton 1.

Awh, the match didn't turnout like you wanted it to?

You poor lil babies!!!

Bunch of panzie-sniffin' JAG-OFFS!

:):):):);):):):)

Hi LaJolla!

He only comes out when it's dark!!

Back on top of the table.

thumb_84684_siteuploads_sitelargeimage.jpeg

Goal
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JORDAN HENDERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The captain slots in a crucial third to - hopefully - see off the threat of Southampton.

Firmino does superbly to hold up the ball down the right before crossing low into the area, where Henderson arrives to slot in from close range.

Scenes.

Substitution
Double change for the hosts - Vestergaard and Romeu off, Austin and Armstrong on.

Goal
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!! MOHAMED SALAH!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liverpool are in front as they counter from a Southampton corner. Salah leads the charge from inside his own half, with Firmino in support.

But he doesn't need him as he races on and lashes in his 21st goal of the season to send the visiting supporters into bedlam.

GET. IN.

There's only ONE great choice my friend!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT