ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Every comment I've read from the recruits who were there are overwhelmingly positive. All of them blown away by the atmosphere.

Could be you lose the battle but win the war if we close with a bunch of these blue chip recruits. 12 composite 5 stars attended at last count.

Every comment I've read from the recruits who were there are overwhelmingly positive. All of them blown away by the atmosphere.

Could be you lose the battle but win the war if we close with a bunch of these blue chip recruits. 12 composite 5 stars attended at last count.
This will pay off in time. James was looking right at the recruits when he started talking about great and elite.....he knows WTF he is doing.

Surprising to see Metchie at the game....

Lots of candidates to compete this class, but how many WR's is CJF after?

Last edited:
James was looking right at the recruits when he started talking about great and elite.....
My son played the post-game presser for me on our drive home. I said then that CJF was talking to recruits, not the press corp.
Then he gets the video that included a statement that recruits are above CJF and CJF looked up their way when speaking. You are correct, LaJolla, he was letting them know they will be the part that takes the program to the next level.

And, CJF will be in Ohiya today for Zach Harrison's practice - so I've been told.

OL

My son played the post-game presser for me on our drive home. I said then that CJF was talking to recruits, not the press corp.
Then he gets the video that included a statement that recruits are above CJF and CJF looked up their way when speaking. You are correct, LaJolla, he was letting them know they will be the part that takes the program to the next level.

And, CJF will be in Ohiya today for Zach Harrison's practice - so I've been told.

OL
Yep, he is supposed to follow up today with a visit. He isn't satisfied and knows there is still work to be done. Probably why I don't have much patience for the little woe is me crowd that pops up after any loss.

OL

Glad to see Franklin right back to work today given how many people fired him over the weekend.

Probably why I don't have much patience for the little woe is me crowd that pops up after any loss.

I have been hesitant to look at too many threads since the game ended. Seriously, we've played one of the best teams in the country to a virtual draw over the last three seasons, with arguably lesser talent. Yeah, we can second guess some calls and decisions. I have no problem with that. But make no mistake, we'll start to win more of these than we lose in the near future. Our most talented players (Trace might be the exception) have multiple years of eligibility left.

Michigan State, Michigan State, Michigan State.........

I have been hesitant to look at too many threads since the game ended. Seriously, we've played one of the best teams in the country to a virtual draw over the last three seasons, with arguably lesser talent. Yeah, we can second guess some calls and decisions. I have no problem with that. But make no mistake, we'll start to win more of these than we lose in the near future. Our most talented players (Trace might be the exception) have multiple years of eligibility left.

There were two guys coming down the ramps after the game who started with loud "Franklin can't coach" comments who I told in no uncertain terms to shut the f*ck up. We have a good chance to have another 11 win season, which would be the first time to have 3 straight since 1980-1982. Michigan has never done it, for instance.

Our last four losses have been by 8 points. We are very, very close to becoming elite. If you are such a baby that you have to fill your diaper when we lose by one to a Top 4 team, go root for Alabama and spare the rest of us.

There were two guys coming down the ramps after the game who started with loud "Franklin can't coach" comments who I told in no uncertain terms to shut the f*ck up. We have a good chance to have another 11 win season, which would be the first time to have 3 straight since 1980-1982. Michigan has never done it, for instance.

Our last four losses have been by 8 points. We are very, very close to becoming elite. If you are such a baby that you have to fill your diaper when we lose by one to a Top 4 team, go root for Alabama and spare the rest of us.
7CTK.gif

This will pay off in time. James was looking right at the recruits when he started talking about great and elite.....he knows WTF he is doing.
Spot on LJL! Dude knows absolutely what he’s doing. Champions need to feel the pain before they celebrate in joy... It inspires them to greater heights. It’s coming. His message is you can be apart of it. Jump on now. Franklin is part of the next wave of great CFB coaches. Saban and Urban will be gone within the next five years.

4 out of the last 5 games actually. Keep in mind the 2014 robbery.

4 out of the last 5 games actually. Keep in mind the 2014 robbery.

Yeah, I pointed that out in a different thread yesterday. But for this conversation, I was sticking to the last three years because: 1. 2014 wasn't with JF's roster. 2. We got beaten soundly in 2015. 3. 2016 is when we really began to turn the corner to become a top tier team.

$ article. Sounds like we've caught up to Alabama for him.

Penn State makes big impression on Noa Pola-Gates
  • BlairAngulo

FOUR-STAR DB RECAPS FIRST OFFICIAL VISIT
    Gilbert (Ariz.) Williams Field four-star defensive back and Polynesian Bowl all-star Noa Pola-Gates discusses his first official visit to Penn State..."It was absolutely breath-taking; words can't even describe how amazing it was in there," Pola-Gates said.

Last edited:
Yeah, I pointed that out in a different thread yesterday. But for this conversation, I was sticking to the last three years because: 1. 2014 wasn't with JF's roster. 2. We got beaten soundly in 2015. 3. 2016 is when we really began to turn the corner to become a top tier team.

That 2014 game, which I was at, sealed the deal for me regarding Franklin and his ability to coach. That team had zero business being within 4 TDs of O$U. On paper. Winning games with superior talent is great, but it takes a great coach to do what he did that night. The last three years have further cemented those feelings. To be within two points of being 3-0 against them over the last three years with consistently lesser talent is unreal.

I'm sure you've noticed how quickly Franklin can move from plan A to plans B and C. That's not an accident. He's covering every possible scenario that could play out. Dude never stops working.

Yep, we know CJF keeps the communication going with everyone that possibly could be on his radar.

But Metchie went through the recruiting process it seemed pretty thoroughly before committing to Bama. That is why I am surprised he attended the oh-high-ya game. He could be becoming somewhat skeptical of spending the next few years down south, or maybe Bama is having second thoughts on him, or maybe he just wanted to attend the best atmosphere in college football. Would CJF take a flip from him with Bell and other top WR targets still undecided? Who knows..... CJF does.

OL

So recruits are actually at the press conference? Is that typical?...just those on officials or more than that? Apologies for so many questions; wasn't aware that recruits attended press conferences.

Reactions: NedFromYork
So recruits are actually at the press conference? Is that typical?...just those on officials or more than that? Apologies for so many questions; wasn't aware that recruits attended press conferences.
If I’m not mistaken, they usually corral the visiting recruits into the upper balcony in the press conference area to watch Franklin, and then the coaching staff has some time to go up and interact with the recruits and their families afterwards.

i hope Zach Harrison really is the flawlessly engineered cyborg terminator sent back in time to destroy the Ohio state football program that he looks like to me
Saw Zach and his family having breakfast with CJF at the Waffle Shop yesterday around 11:00. While waiting for their food, CJF took Zach right past us to the Family Clothesline next door (probably to pick up some PSU swag) and he ducked going in to make sure he didn't hit his head on the door. That dude is a frickin MONSTER! Easily ever bit of 6' 6" (I'm 6' 3" and he towered over me) and built like an oak tree.

I mentioned to my daughter I bet CJF was telling these recruits that they could make the difference in one point loss becoming a victory before hearing his presser. Can't wait to see what these next few classes look like.

Saw Zach and his family having breakfast with CJF at the Waffle Shop yesterday around 11:00. While waiting for their food, CJF took Zach right past us to the Family Clothesline next door (probably to pick up some PSU swag) and he ducked going in to make sure he didn't hit his head on the door. That dude is a frickin MONSTER! Easily ever bit of 6' 6" (I'm 6' 3" and he towered over me) and built like an oak tree.

I mentioned to my daughter I bet CJF was telling these recruits that they could make the difference in one point loss becoming a victory before hearing his presser. Can't wait to see what these next few classes look like.
With the number of high-level kids on campus this weekend, I wonder how many breakfasts, lunches and dinners Franklin ate.

That 2014 game, which I was at, sealed the deal for me regarding Franklin and his ability to coach. That team had zero business being within 4 TDs of O$U. On paper. Winning games with superior talent is great, but it takes a great coach to do what he did that night. The last three years have further cemented those feelings. To be within two points of being 3-0 against them over the last three years with consistently lesser talent is unreal.

I apologize for continuing to beat this drum in the recruiting thread, but the thought process needs momentum. What supertodd is saying here is exactly right. Those being critical of the coaching (other than nitpicking individual decisions) are simply not playing with a full deck. You cannot continue to play this well vs. OSU without being able to coach. You don't go more than two seasons, with only 4 losses by a combined 8 points without being able to coach.

We have a good one here and we need to stop being so hypercritical following every loss. Especially one point losses to teams that were favored to win.

I said it in another thread, we are 12 points away from being 28-0 in our last 28 games. We are close, but that’s the margin for error between elite and great. A few plays/players make the difference between great and elite.

Had to pick up his PSU hat for the announcement ceremony????

giphy.gif

THIS^^^

Excellent post.

CJF was on practice field the entire time of his visit at Olentangy Orange today and couldn't FaceTime me. I was a little down, but I'll get over it. :cool:
(You'll have to recall my phone message from CJF this past spring).
I did say I hoped the visit with CJF went well for all today.
Reply was - it was awesome.

OL

Come on CJF! Work your magic!!

I'm sure you've noticed how quickly Franklin can move from plan A to plans B and C. That's not an accident. He's covering every possible scenario that could play out. Dude never stops working.
It’s not Plan A vs B vs C, it’s all part of Franklins plan. He doesn’t have to find somebody else, he has them waiting in line...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT