ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Stopping in to watch David Bell...

If David Bell was on hand for Purdue's crushing of OSU, it is going to make getting his signature that much more difficult. If I'm not mistaken, they are currently favored to land him. What kid wouldn't have been impressed by the game and the monster storming of the field. I really hope we somehow prevail, but Purdue didn't do anything to hurt themselves last week.

If David Bell was on hand for Purdue's crushing of OSU, it is going to make getting his signature that much more difficult. If I'm not mistaken, they are currently favored to land him. What kid wouldn't have been impressed by the game and the monster storming of the field. I really hope we somehow prevail, but Purdue didn't do anything to hurt themselves last week.

Bell wasn't there.

Let's wait for another few games...I'm a Purdue grad and am all too familiar with the "Spoilermaker" thing...look great against a highly ranked team, and then get hammered by lesser competition the next game. Maybe with Brohm it will be different...we'll see. The other factor is stability...if Purdue continues to look good the rest of the season, will Brohm be there next year??

Let's wait for another few games...I'm a Purdue grad and am all too familiar with the "Spoilermaker" thing...look great against a highly ranked team, and then get hammered by lesser competition the next game. Maybe with Brohm it will be different...we'll see. The other factor is stability...if Purdue continues to look good the rest of the season, will Brohm be there next year??

Ouch, on the stability factor. I really hope that Brohm stays at Purdue. It would be great to see a competitive Purdue year in and out. It makes the whole conference better and is a foil to the consistently good teams in the west, not to mention what it might do to ND, who I intensely dislike. Good luck the rest of the way!

That sucks. What is Meyer's record on honoring scholarships in those cases?

For stars like Hickman, Meyer is fully committed. Speaking of Meyer, Herbie was on one of the shows today saying how detached and unhealthy Meyer looked during the game Saturday. Pretty much said he is worried for Meyer. Of course, Paul Finebaum tripled down today on his prediction that Meyer will retire.

OSU verbal and NJ star Ronnie Hickman tore his ACL last weekend. Tough break for the young man.
If I'm a betting man, Hickman no longer going to end up at OSU. He'll realize the kind of character Urban Meyer is when all the love he's felt to this point, turns into silence.

He'll look back through his text history to see how he handled it previous....um
He'll go back through his memory to see how he handled it previous....um
He will ask his life coach what to do.

Didn't he turn his back on Garrett Taylor when he tore his ACL?

Didn't he turn his back on Garrett Taylor when he tore his ACL?

Taylor was a UM verbal and decommitted. Not sure how things transpired after his ACL injury. Meyer could have stopped recruiting him. I know in the past two years, there was a verbal WR from StLouis, and a WR from Florida who Meyer remained committed too, after they had ACL injuries.

Back to recruiting. Who are the 2019 DT's where we still have a shot. We need a significant upgrade at both DT positions if we expect to make a run.
We already have Beamon. We’re the favorite for Harrison-Hunte and have been for a while. There might be one or two other guys they’re keeping tabs on, but those are the big two targets by every indication.

Reactions: TheGLOV
For stars like Hickman, Meyer is fully committed. Speaking of Meyer, Herbie was on one of the shows today saying how detached and unhealthy Meyer looked during the game Saturday. Pretty much said he is worried for Meyer. Of course, Paul Finebaum tripled down today on his prediction that Meyer will retire.

Yup, no downside for Meyer to honor the scholarship.

Reactions: stormingnorm
A scholarship offer to a kicker doesn't appear to be a vote of confidence for our freshman scholarship kicker.

Yes, its quite telling. A PWO is one thing, but a schollie offer to a 2nd kicker...

I don't know what actually took place. I believe PSU was looking at him as a PWO, and it may be that's what he was offered. Newspapers, and even prospects, have a track record of missing that nuance.

Reactions: mn78psu83
We already have Beamon. We’re the favorite for Harrison-Hunte and have been for a while. There might be one or two other guys they’re keeping tabs on, but those are the big two targets by every indication.

Rodas Johnson from Columbus, OH is a lean to Wisky but is "waiting" for an offer to tOSU
D'Von Ellies from MD who is CB'd 100% to tOSU

((Beamon is listed as a SDE - is he projected to become a DT?))

PSU just (October) offered Siaki Ika who is the #11 DT and is projected to Alabama - which I find interesting.

Rodas Johnson from Columbus, OH is a lean to Wisky but is "waiting" for an offer to tOSU
D'Von Ellies from MD who is CB'd 100% to tOSU

((Beamon is listed as a SDE - is he projected to become a DT?))

PSU just (October) offered Siaki Ika who is the #11 DT and is projected to Alabama - which I find interesting.

Yes, Beamon will be a DT. He is 6'4" 255lbs.

The rumor mill is swirling in Louisville...fans here want to bring Brohm home and make him the next head coach at U of L. The constant rumors may make a kid like Bell rethink things when it comes to Purdue.

Reactions: eidolon21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT