ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

The funny thing is the drama isn't because of the kid's actions, it's because he's handling the process like a professional and just internalizing everything and will make his decision known when the time is right. If all of these recruitniks and fans didn't hang on every word of a high school senior there would be no drama. This is what I'd prefer actually, I have a lot of respect for Harrison and how he's handled the process.
5 star=drama. Someone will invent it when it isn't there. I actually respect the kid for how he has handled this process.

Reactions: Shadow99
I would think it would indicate the exact opposite. Having something open to the public would open him up to boos and jeers from the crazies. Quiet and private is good.
If it’s true CUM and his drama were the problem with ZH, how classic would it be if Day signs this class and CUM comes back. Surprise! I’m the coach again!!! Would be like the switcheroo they pulled on Weber, only the opposite.

Quit arguing with each other and lets stay on topic. PSU is going to have a great class sign tomorrow and should add at least Cain. Celebrate that and the fact we should get a few more in Feb to make things more interesting in the complete dead of winter than last year when it was down to one more.

I come to this thread to get some updates and insight on 2019 recruiting, not who's dingus is bigger.

Quit arguing with each other and lets stay on topic. PSU is going to have a great class sign tomorrow and should add at least Cain. Celebrate that and the fact we should get a few more in Feb to make things more interesting in the complete dead of winter than last year when it was down to one more.

I come to this thread to get some updates and insight on 2019 recruiting, not who's dingus is bigger.
I think there's at least one surprise tomorrow.

I still remember that piece of human garbage asking one of PSU's recruits five to six straight questions to try and convince him to decommit from PSU. I think it was the defensive back who plays for scUM now.
Vert Hill.

Reactions: TheGLOV
For those that haven’t commited.

Who is announcing today and what times?

Is PSU still in the running for Vidal Hazelton?

RB, Noah Cain is announcing today (11:30 on ESPN) - trending towards Penn State
DE, Zach Harrison is announcing today (12:30pm private in high school auditorium) - trending to Ohio State

To me the biggest thing to keep an eye on is if WR, John Dunmore signs with Penn State today or waits. If he doesn't sign with Penn State today his family has stated he will wait to the NSD in February.

Reactions: TheGLOV
RB, Noah Cain is announcing today (11:30 on ESPN) - trending towards Penn State
DE, Zach Harrison is announcing today (12:30pm private in high school auditorium) - trending to Ohio State

To me the biggest thing to keep an eye on is if WR, John Dunmore signs with Penn State today or waits. If he doesn't sign with Penn State today his family has stated he will wait to the NSD in February.

what about the 2 DTs ... Ellies and H-H?

Not Penn State related, but Alabama just officially flipped Ohio State 4-star safety commit, Jordan Battle.

Keep an eye on 5-star safety, Daxton Hill who flipped from Michigan to Alabama about two weeks ago. See if he signs with Alabama today or flips back to Michigan. Lot of Michigan fans think he was waiting to see what Jordan Battle did, and think Daxton may flip back to them with Battle going to Bama.

Shorter, Dotson, George, and Dunmore....not a bad base for the next few years. Then there may be this kid in next years cycle from PA who is pretty good.

Absolutely sick collection of talent. I don't think Dunmore is an instant impact guy but after some conditioning and skill refining I think he can be dangerous on the outside. He reminds me of Martinis Bryant - without the drug abuse baggage of course.

If Cain does indeed sign with us today, can we also take a moment to acknowledge the job Seider did in his first class? Cain, Ford, Dunmore, Johnson Jr. - that's an incredible haul from all across the country. Sandy should be ready to pony up to keep Seider on staff as long as possible.

If Cain does indeed sign with us today, can we also take a moment to acknowledge the job Seider did in his first class? Cain, Ford, Dunmore, Johnson Jr. - that's an incredible haul from all across the country. Sandy should be ready to pony up to keep Seider on staff as long as possible.
Did you get a new handle? I forget the guy that used to do this with Moorehead each year, but Sandy will do what JF recommends and JF wants to take care of his staff. Can we stop with this nonsense, seriously? College coaches move on and they have to in order to move up in the ranks. You either realize that or you don't. Hopefully he wants to stick around for a couple of years and work his way up from there. If you think he'll be a lifer, you're wrong regardless of the money you think he'll get thrown his way.

Did you get a new handle? I forget the guy that used to do this with Moorehead each year, but Sandy will do what JF recommends and JF wants to take care of his staff. Can we stop with this nonsense, seriously? College coaches move on and they have to in order to move up in the ranks. You either realize that or you don't. Hopefully he wants to stick around for a couple of years and work his way up from there. If you think he'll be a lifer, you're wrong regardless of the money you think he'll get thrown his way.

?

I forget the guy (may have been on pay site) who thought Jo Mo was going to stay at PSU forever with more money. Seider is a known recruiter and people will go after him. In time he will move on more than likely as that is how these guys work the system to get promoted. Very few high end staffs stay together in 2018 for more than 2-3 years. That is the reality of the game today for the most part. Even more so with younger guys.

I forget the guy (may have been on pay site) who thought Jo Mo was going to stay at PSU forever with more money. Seider is a known recruiter and people will go after him. In time he will move on more than likely as that is how these guys work the system to get promoted. Very few high end staffs stay together in 2018 for more than 2-3 years. That is the reality of the game today for the most part. Even more so with younger guys.

Okay, cool. Thanks for the buzzkill. Just giving the guy some props.

Reactions: grinagrin
Not Penn State related, but Alabama just officially flipped Ohio State 4-star safety commit, Jordan Battle.

Keep an eye on 5-star safety, Daxton Hill who flipped from Michigan to Alabama about two weeks ago. See if he signs with Alabama today or flips back to Michigan. Lot of Michigan fans think he was waiting to see what Jordan Battle did, and think Daxton may flip back to them with Battle going to Bama.

Dax Hill did officially flip back and sign to Michigan

While true about Seider, some guys are worth more effort than others. We all know that Seider can recruit. I don't know if he coaches as well as he recruits, maybe some others can chime in on that. If he can do both, he will certainly be moving up the ladder quickly.

I guess the issue is if a guy can recruit like blazes, but is a mediocre coach. Not sure how that is finessed.

HCZTVJIAU5C27BTJNU5CSM6ATI.jpeg

Interesting to have Dad Joey in Blue & White.............

My prediction on how we finish out:
DE - Adisa Issac commits to Penn State today and signs on Wednesday
OL - Doug Nester flip him from Ohio State in early 2019, signs in February
RB - Noah Cain commits and signs to PSU on Wednesday
DT - Jared Harrison-Hunte commits and signs to PSU
DT - D'Von Ellies commits and signs to PSU
DE - Smith Vilbert commits and signs to PSU
Add in another commit who isn't high on radar as of now who verbals and signs in February

Those who go elsewhere that are high on PSU (Just my prediction):
OL - Jakai Moore commits to S.Carolina today
DE - Zach Harrison commits to Ohio State
WR - David Bell commits to Purdue
WR - Cornelius Johnson commits to Michigan
ATH - Mark-Antony Richards commits to Auburn
DT - Jaquaze Sorrells commits to S. Carolina

UPDATE:

DE - Adisa Issac commits to Penn State today and signs on Wednesday (Signed with PSU today)
RB - Noah Cain commits and signs to PSU on Wednesday (announces today at 11:30am)
Add in another commit who isn't high on radar as of now who verbals and signs in February

OL - Jakai Moore commits to S.Carolina today (Signed with S. Car)
DE - Zach Harrison commits to Ohio State (announces today at 12:30pm)
WR - Cornelius Johnson commits to Michigan (Signed with Mich)

Those in Bold Completed

UPDATE:

DE - Adisa Issac commits to Penn State today and signs on Wednesday (Signed with PSU today)
RB - Noah Cain commits and signs to PSU on Wednesday (announces today at 11:30am)

OL - Jakai Moore commits to S.Carolina today (Signed with S. Car)
DE - Zach Harrison commits to Ohio State (announces today at 12:30pm)
WR - Cornelius Johnson commits to Michigan (Signed with Mich)

Those in Bold Completed
They were all reasonable. The big kicker is after today and when the quiet period ends....Ellies, Vilbert, and JHH are going to get the full court press as the pool of players is very limited. Currently PSU is in a good spot for them so let's just hope we hold on there and this class is pretty GD sick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT