ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

I just saw Nester or Nestor listed as a tOSU commit.... I thought he decomitted and was going to wait until the late signing period?

Reactions: TheGLOV
I just saw Nester or Nestor listed as a tOSU commit.... I thought he decomitted and was going to wait until the late signing period?

Did not officially "decommit" from Ohio State. He will not sign today and visit other schools Will sign somewhere on NSD in February.

Noah Cain commits to Penn State

iu

What about David Bell?
Pretty sure he was all Purdue. Nobody is even following him as it was pretty well known. Not sure if he ever did the whole announcement thing either. Another guy who handled his recruitment very well. Purdue got a good one in him and a really strong class for them IMO. The west had it's better signing days overall in quite some time. Neb, Purdue, and Minn all have top 35 classes.

RB, Noah Cain is announcing today (11:30 on ESPN) - trending towards Penn State
DE, Zach Harrison is announcing today (12:30pm private in high school auditorium) - trending to Ohio State

To me the biggest thing to keep an eye on is if WR, John Dunmore signs with Penn State today or waits. If he doesn't sign with Penn State today his family has stated he will wait to the NSD in February.

Video available Miles of the Cain singing??

UPDATE:

My prediction on how we finish out:
DE - Adisa Issac commits to Penn State today and signs on Wednesday (Signed with PSU today)
OL - Doug Nester flip him from Ohio State in early 2019, signs in February
RB - Noah Cain commits and signs to PSU on Wednesday (announces today at 11:30am)
DT - Jared Harrison-Hunte commits and signs to PSU
DT - D'Von Ellies commits and signs to PSU
DE - Smith Vilbert commits and signs to PSU
Add in another commit who isn't high on radar as of now who verbals and signs in February

Those who go elsewhere that are high on PSU (Just my prediction):
OL - Jakai Moore commits to S.Carolina today (Signed with S. Car)
DE - Zach Harrison commits to Ohio State (announces today at 12:30pm)
WR - David Bell commits to Purdue
WR - Cornelius Johnson commits to Michigan (Signed with Mich)
ATH - Mark-Antony Richards commits to Auburn
DT - Jaquaze Sorrells commits to S. Carolina

Those in Bold Completed

Thanks!

I guess this is typical, but espn has a headline on their college football page saying Tosu beat out um for Harrison.

I guess this is typical, but espn has a headline on their college football page saying Tosu beat out um for Harrison.
The BTN also has a segment listing two signing day commitments, Harrison and Dix, but failed to mention Cain in this segment. The did profile Cain when discussing penn states class, but not the signing day splash.

Story of Michigan and Harbaugh pulling the offer on one of their lower rated verbals.....all class from Jimmy. Hey Michigan Fans, tell me about Franklin and the "used car salesman" horseshit again.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...ins-other-recruits-late-decisions/2351628002/

Belleville defensive end Tyrece Woods Jr. thought his future as a college football player was clear.

He said he received a scholarship offer from his dream school, Michigan, after an impressive outing at a UM camp this summer. He committed to Michigan on Aug. 12 after the annual BBQ at the Big House, writing on Twitter, “I’m a Michigan Man. All Glory to God!! 100000% COMMITTED”

But Woods’ plans were derailed the day before Thanksgiving. He says that’s when UM recruiting director Matt Dudek informed Woods that the Wolverines were pulling their offer. The next day Woods wrote on Twitter that he had decommitted.

“We weren’t on the same page as we were when I first committed,” Woods said this week to The Detroit News. “They were basically trying to force me to take an academic scholarship and walk-on for football. When they originally offered me at their camp they said it would be a full ride (football scholarship).”

“It hurt me because it was my dream school, and then to have one of the assistant coaches tell me about it instead of Coach (Jim) Harbaugh made it real bad. Coach Harbaugh offered me (during camp). Matt Dudek told me the news the night before Thanksgiving, and I talked with my family and we came up that it (decommitting) was the best thing for me to do at the time. I was numb over it for a couple of days, couldn’t believe what I just heard.”

Woods' father, Tyrece Woods, corroborated his son's version of events.

"It was never a walk-on," his father said. "We would have never accepted that."

Story of Michigan and Harbaugh pulling the offer on one of their lower rated verbals.....all class from Jimmy. Hey Michigan Fans, tell me about Franklin and the "used car salesman" horseshit again.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...ins-other-recruits-late-decisions/2351628002/

Belleville defensive end Tyrece Woods Jr. thought his future as a college football player was clear.

He said he received a scholarship offer from his dream school, Michigan, after an impressive outing at a UM camp this summer. He committed to Michigan on Aug. 12 after the annual BBQ at the Big House, writing on Twitter, “I’m a Michigan Man. All Glory to God!! 100000% COMMITTED”

But Woods’ plans were derailed the day before Thanksgiving. He says that’s when UM recruiting director Matt Dudek informed Woods that the Wolverines were pulling their offer. The next day Woods wrote on Twitter that he had decommitted.

“We weren’t on the same page as we were when I first committed,” Woods said this week to The Detroit News. “They were basically trying to force me to take an academic scholarship and walk-on for football. When they originally offered me at their camp they said it would be a full ride (football scholarship).”

“It hurt me because it was my dream school, and then to have one of the assistant coaches tell me about it instead of Coach (Jim) Harbaugh made it real bad. Coach Harbaugh offered me (during camp). Matt Dudek told me the news the night before Thanksgiving, and I talked with my family and we came up that it (decommitting) was the best thing for me to do at the time. I was numb over it for a couple of days, couldn’t believe what I just heard.”

Woods' father, Tyrece Woods, corroborated his son's version of events.

"It was never a walk-on," his father said. "We would have never accepted that."

Did he end up anywhere else yet? Shitty move.

I was lambasted for saying this earlier, but any 3-star kid who commits early to Michigan is an idiot if they don't see this sort of thing coming. I'm sure that Michigan frames it as being contingent on being a great student and continuing to "develop", so they can always say they have an out, but of course they are the ones who get to decide. The kid doesn't get to decide.

Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for these kids. Harbaugh, and Michigan, are who they are. If your eyes aren't wide open, then shame on you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT