ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

May be a 2020 recruit. May be 2019. Highlight tape is spectacular. How many DT running backs do we already have?

iu

I thought he had a visit from a USC coach. Or at least a facetime chat, something like that? Thought it was zero recruiting contact if he has signed.

Haven't seen that, but think there were similar things reported last year with Oweh.

Oweh even said during an interview after early NSD that he didn't sign early, when in reality he did:
“I’m just waiting for my announcement at the Under Armour Game,” Oweh said. “Coach Urban, coach Franklin, coach Spencer, coach Johnson and everybody have been trying to get in touch with me. I did not sign a letter of intent during the early signing period."

Definitely interesting with coaches who may not know a player already signed their LOI with another school, but attempt to reach out to that player still, when that is technically a recruiting violation...

Does this thread have the most pages ever? Does judge get his name on a plaque or something for it?
No, he’ll get nothing, and like it! he will hopefully continue contributing vastly to our knowledge of the comings, goings, tweets, and other tidbits surrounding future recruiting classes.

Reactions: NittanyOpp
Smith Vilbert looks like a great athlete for coach Chaos to develop. If CJF can get Cross, Ellies, a good WR and a couple more players there looks to be a good chance for PSU to move into the top 10 in the final rankings. A couple teams not too far ahead already have close to full classes. Auburn, just behind PSU, has lots of room for additions as well. Oh-high-ya also has lots of room, but when I looked over their "prospects" all the top rated ones seem to be favored to land elsewhere, so they may have to fill out any scholarships they want to use with lower rated players......

Smith Vilbert looks like a great athlete for coach Chaos to develop. If CJF can get Cross, Ellies, a good WR and a couple more players there looks to be a good chance for PSU to move into the top 10 in the final rankings. A couple teams not too far ahead already have close to full classes. Auburn, just behind PSU, has lots of room for additions as well. Oh-high-ya also has lots of room, but when I looked over their "prospects" all the top rated ones seem to be favored to land elsewhere, so they may have to fill out any scholarships they want to use with lower rated players......

Should easily hit top 10 with a few more recruits and #1 in B1G.

He’s listed in some sites as 2019 and 2020 class. If you watch his highlights you will see that he is an impressive ball carrier as well as a DT. Looks like he could be DE, DT, or TE. Really moves well. Confusion in class standing comes from his move to USA and acceptance of classes by NCAA.

Reactions: Judge Smails
He’s listed in some sites as 2019 and 2020 class. If you watch his highlights you will see that he is an impressive ball carrier as well as a DT. Looks like he could be DE, DT, or TE. Really moves well. Confusion in class standing comes from his move to USA and acceptance of classes by NCAA.

Yes, he does run well for someone that large. As far as his on field performance, look at the competition. His school plays against other small Christian academies. His technique is raw. But, hey, there are worse things than taking a flyer on athletic ability and size.

Reactions: eidolon21
Based on my quick math, if we land Nick Cross & Doug Nestor, we’ll end up with 2,569 Rival points, which would likely position us anywhere from 6-8 in final rankings.
Zero confidence in Nester though still should easily land in top 10 when all said and done, Cross would guarantee it.

Rivals was not kind to our current commits in their latest update.

D. Ford - downgraded to a 4*
M. Wilson - downgraded to a 3*
M. Johnson Jr. - downgraded to a 3*

Outside of Cain, most commits saw some drop in their overall rating. Weak sauce.

Rivals was not kind to our current commits in their latest update.

D. Ford - downgraded to a 4*
M. Wilson - downgraded to a 3*
M. Johnson Jr. - downgraded to a 3*

Outside of Cain, most commits saw some drop in their overall rating. Weak sauce.

Who cares? Rivals is so far behind 247 it's not even funny. The Rivals rankings are significantly biased, and the whole world knows it. Even Kim Jong Un knows it. He heard it from Dennis Rodman.

Yep, when CJF arrived there were big gaps in the roster and he brought in a couple transfers and made some position changes with mixed impact. But those gaps don't exist now, even with the reduced numbers/depth at many positions. Who knows how many GT's CJF will try and bring in for depth, of if a couple of players now in the portal eventually come back to PSU. But I look for CJF to more so just double down on finishing the 2019 as best he can numbers wise and then to adapt and go all out for the 2020 class numbers wise to shore up the roster. What will be the over/under for LOI's in December 2019? 24.5??

A couple of walk on's parents (their sons getting scholarships for 2019) may be the big beneficiaries of the whole mess if CJF can't quite use all 85 with the 2019 class and GT's ....

They need to make entering the portal unconditional. Like Mad Max's Thunderdome. "Two men enter, one man leaves."

Reactions: ralphster
Rivals hates us more than BobPSU92 does. :eek:

"I was against dropping Ford's fifth star and I think we'll look foolish for having done so because of the type of impact he'll have at Penn State down the road. He may not be a big contributor from the moment he steps foot on campus because he needs to add mass to his frame, but his ceiling is much higher than some think. Ford's ability to affect the game as a runner, receiver, and returner should help him become a focal point of Penn State's attack." - Rivals.com Mid-Atlantic Recruiting Analyst Adam Friedman

– Ford does a lot of things very well but hasn’t progressed as much as we’d like from his junior to senior season. He has solid size but hasn’t gotten much bigger or stronger over the last year and will have to work hard to gain the power to break tackles consistently. We moved him to all-purpose back because he catches the ball so well, but we’re not sure he can be that five-star workhorse we saw as a junior- Mike Farrell

"I was against dropping Ford's fifth star and I think we'll look foolish for having done so because of the type of impact he'll have at Penn State down the road. He may not be a big contributor from the moment he steps foot on campus because he needs to add mass to his frame, but his ceiling is much higher than some think. Ford's ability to affect the game as a runner, receiver, and returner should help him become a focal point of Penn State's attack." - Rivals.com Mid-Atlantic Recruiting Analyst Adam Friedman

– Ford does a lot of things very well but hasn’t progressed as much as we’d like from his junior to senior season. He has solid size but hasn’t gotten much bigger or stronger over the last year and will have to work hard to gain the power to break tackles consistently. We moved him to all-purpose back because he catches the ball so well, but we’re not sure he can be that five-star workhorse we saw as a junior- Mike Farrell

Farrell lol

These are the same people who thought Jason Kates and Joel Holler (or the Nestor kid) were “studs”

Of all the things an intelligent person might waste a second pondering, the ruminations of these mouth-breathing cheeseburger eaters would have to be near the bottom of the list.

Wouldn’t it?
Hey What's the matter with being a cheeseburger eater?Five guys double cheeseburger with lots of raw unions yummy.

Based on my quick math, if we land Nick Cross & Doug Nestor, we’ll end up with 2,569 Rival points, which would likely position us anywhere from 6-8 in final rankings.

Luginbill was on ESPNU and said PSU will be #1 in BIG rankings this year. also heard that on Feinbaum when he had analysts talking about rankings. tOSU may move up also as they had a pretty small class. UM stuck with full class so they will drop.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Hey What's the matter with being a cheeseburger eater?Five guys double cheeseburger with lots of raw unions yummy.
Same supplier as Checker, tastes like Checker.
Meat is identical.
Not edible, which is why they pile on the onions.

Luginbill was on ESPNU and said PSU will be #1 in BIG rankings this year. also heard that on Feinbaum when he had analysts talking about rankings. tOSU may move up also as they had a pretty small class. UM stuck with full class so they will drop.
I wouldn't count Hairball out. He can always make up something to pull a scholarship....

4-star Travis Jay, projected as a S, has committed to Florida State. Might this help PSU’s chances of getting Cross?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT