ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Devyn may have a better smile than Saquon?

giphy.gif

That's a really nice Dinardo commentary, thanks for posting. He's spot on in that Franklin's success isn't one thing, it's every single thing he does. Franklin is a force of nature and PSU is really lucky to have him. I hope people remember that in the event that he has a down year this season (though I agree with the general view that he probably won't)

5 * OT Devontae Dobbs, MSU verbal, on recruiting

“I didn’t like recruiting because coaches lied to me. They did stuff that wasn’t ever going to happen. Places like Ohio State had coaches that told me, ‘You’ll come in and play a ton as a freshman.' It felt like Michigan thought they were superior and the big boss to Michigan State. They thought, ‘You have an offer from Michigan, so you should be going to Michigan since you have the offer.’ It was as if they didn’t need to recruit me or better their relationship with me. That was the first thing they did wrong. When I went up there to talk to them, I felt uncomfortable because of the way they acted, talked and just were.”

Then, Dobbs told the staff they were like robots. He was officially done considering the Maize and Blue.

“The last meeting I was in, I told them they acted like robots and I just wasn’t comfortable around them. I said it wasn’t a place I wanted to be.”

“I didn’t like recruiting because coaches lied to me. They did stuff that wasn’t ever going to happen. Places like Ohio State had coaches that told me, ‘You’ll come in and play a ton as a freshman.' It felt like Michigan thought they were superior and the big boss to Michigan State. They thought, ‘You have an offer from Michigan, so you should be going to Michigan since you have the offer.’ It was as if they didn’t need to recruit me or better their relationship with me. That was the first thing they did wrong. When I went up there to talk to them, I felt uncomfortable because of the way they acted, talked and just were.”

Then, Dobbs told the staff they were like robots. He was officially done considering the Maize and Blue.

“The last meeting I was in, I told them they acted like robots and I just wasn’t comfortable around them. I said it wasn’t a place I wanted to be.”

do_the_robot_futurama.gif

sophia-ai-robot-granted-citizenship-saudi-arabia.gif

So he chose this guy?
3257_h.jpg

Same old OSU and Same old UM......

To be completely honest, the kid does sound like he is a bit on the edge himself.

He doesn't seem to have the primadonna attitude a lot of these kids have. I like the fact that he exposed OSU and Michigan as liars and pompous @$$holes. Both of which we knew prior, but still, very interesting to see a HS senior plow through the bullsh!t and be honest.

Coach D'A might not have the glowing personality of Franklin, but apparently he isn't flat out lying, telling kids they are going to play a ton as a true freshman nor insisting that a kid ought to be on his roster simply because "you live in this state and we offered."

O know a lot of folks don’t like him - but I’ve always felt Mark D is a top notch coach ..... certainly my favorite all around B10 coach aside from CJF
(I do like some things about Fitz and Chryst and Ferentz, and, of course, Urby.... but Mark D best overall IMO)
Wow...I suspect you might be the only BWI board member who likes Mark D. I actually like Urban Meyer more, & that’s saying something.

Sorry, but having a running back throw a pass is at least an acceptable football play. Putting your center at running back and have him score on a 10 yard run against a depleted team is an all-time dick move.

And for the record, when Barkley threw that pass, it was 38-14. Game was in hand, but hardly humiliating. It was 48-16 when Dantonio's center was turned into a running back.

Last edited:
This guy was a total jackass long before he had his o-lineman run up the score on us during our sanctions years. I still remember him calling timeouts in the closing seconds of a game at the Beav when the temperature was in single digits and MSU wasn't close to scoring just to piss-off the home crowd. Screw him.

Yes, he is an A-Hole of the 10th degree!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT