ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament

The B1G winner is the AQ plus the 7 pre-allocations = 8, @Tom McAndrew . Joe Lee is in.
pBQHXIh.png

Well that was anticlimactic lol. Great pin by Parris. Pretty sure he got Cass on that same move last year. Pretty fast slap on the pin but his shoulders were definitely flat. Two Goliath all time great heavies we are getting two watch. Plus two true juniors. So both pretty young guys.

It's not a big deal, but why give bulletin board material to a guy you're likely to meet a few more times in the future? Just could have chosen his words more carefully.

I took Carter's comment to pertain to Labs' wrestling style: power and strength. He doesn't think Labs can roll as well some others.

Reactions: billrag
Is there a chance Penn State can win this for example if Iowa goes 2-4 in finals and Penn State goes 4-0?

I believe Joe Lee has Carter's old buddy Nijenhuis next, with the winner earning a trip to St. Louis.

What do our guys (other than BB) have to still do to AQ? I think Byers is not taking into account that allocations don’t include the champ.

I know RBY, Lee, Star, AB are in. I think Robbie, Joe, and Berge are already in

What do our guys (other than BB) have to still do to AQ? I think Byers is not taking into account that allocations don’t include the champ.

I know RBY, Lee, Star, AB are in. I think Robbie, Joe, and Berge are already in
Exactly, it's the champ plus the allocations below.
pBQHXIh.png

197 Consolation R2: Michael Beard vs. Matt Wroblewski (Illini)

Per 1
MW drives in, nothing. Beard shoots, MW with a counter that drives Beard off the mat, so a stall warning on Beard. Beard with a shot, MW sprawls, stalemate. OOB. Beard in on a single, tries to trip him down but the buzzer sounds. End

Per 2
MW takes bottom. He stands and is out in 8 sec, 0-1. Beard tries for a single, nothing. Beard shoots on a single, they scramble, but Beard gets the TD, 2-1. MW to his feet, tripped back down OOB at the buzzer. RT @ 21 sec for Beard

Per 3
Beard takes bottom. Beard turns in and gets a reversal, 4-1. A bit of a ride, then MW up and out, 4-2. MW drives in, Beard sprawls, OOB. RT @ 38 sec for Beard. 1 min left. Beard shoots on a single, MW sprawls, nothing. MW in on a double, Beard sprawls, MW drives back in, Beard snaps the head down and gets behind for the TD, 6-2. OOB with 9 sec. MW stands, tripped back down, and that's it. 6-2, Beard with the decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT