ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament

I have come to really like DeSanto. At first I figured him to be another Gilman however over time I can tell that's not fair. Thomas went out way to cause a stir while I think Austin truly goes into his matches with the goal of controlling his emotions and sometime he just can't. He took his loss to RBY like a man despite dealing with an injury that could of put him in a bad mindset.

I concur. I think the coaches and his peers have done a good job of working with him on his temper and overall attitude. Just hope whatever the extent of the injury can be at least somewhat better by next week.

I think there is a Mekhi Lewis at 174.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Yep, Alex certainly didn't get any favors from the committee with both Lewis and Griffith on his side of the bracket. He's got to really have his stuff together or this could be the third consecutive NCAA tourney where he significantly under-performs his seed. He seems really focused and has been superb with his defense, but sadly his offense has become almost non-existent. I think he's going to have to get 2 or 3 TDs in the matches against Lewis and Griffith. It's going to be a battle! :)

Yep, Alex certainly didn't get any favors from the committee with both Lewis and Griffith on his side of the bracket. He's got to really have his stuff together or this could be the third consecutive NCAA tourney where he significantly under-performs his seed. He seems really focused and has been superb with his defense, but sadly his offense has become almost non-existent. I think he's going to have to get 2 or 3 TDs in the matches against Lewis and Griffith. It's going to be a battle! :)

I think the Monstars that stole Bull's offense also got to Joe Lee. Unfortunately Joe Lee doesn't have stout defense to compensate!

I kid I kid.

Funny you say that because I feel the same way. ADS sure looks like he is making every effort to hold himself to good behavior. I have become a big fan myself. I hate the idea of Iowa but they have so many guys I like individually I end up for them way too much. Sadly they really don't have a guy I don't like. I'm hoping they recruit a few real A holes soon.
I never met a halkeyes I didn't like to root against just saying

I have come to really like DeSanto. At first I figured him to be another Gilman however over time I can tell that's not fair. Thomas went out way to cause a stir while I think Austin truly goes into his matches with the goal of controlling his emotions and sometime he just can't. He took his loss to RBY like a man despite dealing with an injury that could of put him in a bad mindset.
Austin has vastly improved his disposition and behavior on the mat since going to Iowa. I have said it before.....his coaches have done a great job with him. I think AD and the coaches should all be proud in that regard. As far as his wrestling.....he has clearly gotten better getting out from bottom. Again....props to AD and the coaches. People bust on Terry but he spends more time with AD from all I have read. Who better to relate to AD? Terry knows exactly what AD is feeling. Just because he doesn't always control it himself....doesn't mean he can't teach AD how to avoid the "Triggers" and how to better deal with them. It has shown in several matches.....including Byrd's ....who was clearly trying to trigger him. Props to AD and Terry and Tom. OK.....enough Iowa love.......I am off to shower :)

I chalk it up to Austin maturing and maybe some professional counseling more than anything Terry Brands has done. Seriously, Terry acts like a petulant child that can't control his emotions as a 50 year old man, if anything he was a hinderance, especially early on at Iowa when Austin's behavior was no better and people where holding their breath as to what he might do.

Austin has vastly improved his disposition and behavior on the mat since going to Iowa. I have said it before.....his coaches have done a great job with him. I think AD and the coaches should all be proud in that regard. As far as his wrestling.....he has clearly gotten better getting out from bottom. Again....props to AD and the coaches. People bust on Terry but he spends more time with AD from all I have read. Who better to relate to AD? Terry knows exactly what AD is feeling. Just because he doesn't always control it himself....doesn't mean he can't teach AD how to avoid the "Triggers" and how to better deal with them. It has shown in several matches.....including Byrd's ....who was clearly trying to trigger him. Props to AD and Terry and Tom. OK.....enough Iowa love.......I am off to shower :)

All the recent chatter re TnT and 'You don't like tough wrestling'.
With ADS, noticed a couple times over the past couple yrs [since the 'crying' incident'] when ADS seems to start 'fidgeting' about something uncomfortable, like the RBY match & Byrd recently. The corner just tells him 'keep wrestling'/focus', etc. It's like they can now tamper the fire.
He might be close to ceiling, we'll see if there's another level to be found.

I imagine the Drexel staff started off trying the same type things, but maybe didn't hold the juice to ADS?? He may have found the ultimate situation with this current Iowa roster. Not just the presence of TnT but SLee & the other good solid kids [middle-aged men :cool: ] on the current roster. A lot of PA presence helps. Perfect storm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT