ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Olympic Wrestling Match Thread and USA Wrestlers.

DT was in on an early shot but didn't score on it, and Amine ends up with the match's first points and a 2-0 lead early in the first.

DT vs. Amine

DT in with a quick single, Amine trying to avoid with a grab through the crotch, and a stalemate
Amine in on a low single, to a double, DT grabs an ankle, and Amine gets behind for the TD, 0-2
Restart, Amine in on a low single, DT with an ankle, stalemate
Amine with another shot in on a single, DT with a crotch lift for a TD, 2-2. DT nearly turns, then Amine nearly gets a reversal, then a stalemate
DT with a TD, 4-2
Restart, DT in on a low single to a double, Amine through the crotch but DT finishes, 6-2
Half

DT nearly a pick, then another pick to a single for the TD, 8-2
Restart, Amine shoots, nothing. Amine shoots again, DT spins around with a counter, 10-2
Restart. DT in on a double, 12-2, technical superiority!!!

DT with the dominant tech! That went exactly how I thought it would go. Awesomeness from the magic man! On to the semis.
I was too adrenalized to sleep - glad, as I got to watch DT burn Myles A down with another barrage of TD’s. I assume Punia is next. Wonder if DT has ever wrestled him. I know he’s damn good

Reactions: sneedram55
Amine looked really good and still got teched. DT just wore him down, making him fight off shot after shot.

Reactions: diggerpup
Helen with the first 2. Should be 4...but 2-0 Helen after one. 2nd period......a TD every minute for an 8-0 victory. Helen had her opponent at close to 45 degrees and no exposure called. These obvious missed calls have bit US wrestlers already. Luckily....not for Helen yet. Go Helen!

Last edited:
Maroulis vs. Kit (Ukraine)

Kit tries a shot, HM nearly with a counter throw-by, stalemate
HM gets a low single and gets a TD (seemed like it should have been 2+2), stalemate, 2-0
Restart. HM shoots, stuffed, stalemate
Half

Kit sort of shoots, stuffed, stalemate
HM tries a drag-by on a counter, stalemate
HM in on the legs for a TD, and OOB, 2:12 left, 4-0
Stoppage for blood on Kit
Restart. Kit shoots and gets a leg but is basically stuffed, HM working a counter and gets the TD, 6-0
Restart. 1:02 left. Kit in on a single, HM with a whizzer, stalemate
Kit with a lazy shot, HM counters and spins behind for the TD, 8-0
Restart. End

8-0, and on to the semis for Maroulis

Congrats MagicMan!!! Go get it! Congrats to Helen as well.

Feel horrible for Gilman..hopefully the guy he lost two makes finals so Gilman can get the next best thing.

Gutted for Gilman but I don't think he could've looked any better. He was in a really bad spot with nothing to anchor himself to the mat. Rarely seen merkle FS position, except his inside leg was in the air. Credit Uguev for knowing exactly what he needed to do there.

Uguev up.

Of course Uguev goes on the shot clock this time. 1 point to Abdullaev, Uguev with a quick takedown. Great scramble, pushout by Abdullaev 2-2 end of 1.

Uguev with a nice counter to exposure up 4-2. Abdullaev fights off a takedown. Pushout by Abdullaev 4-3. Another pushout by Abdullaev 4-4. Uguev looking gassed. Abdullaev takedown now he's up 6-4. Uguev with another miracle takedown with 10 seconds left wins 6-6 on criteria.

Gilman still has a shot!

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup and Grass
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT