ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Olympic Wrestling Match Thread and USA Wrestlers.

Gilman Still Alive -- Uguev scores another last second win in the quarters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uguev completely gassed and stalled on the edge after each takedown to put him behind 6-4 and then gets a takedown with 5 sec. left to win on criteria. Glad for Gilman. Sad for wrestling. Mostly glad for Gilman :)

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
This Uguev Abdulaev match was amazing stuff. Uguev was as gassed as Kenny Courts and somehow got a clean takedown with seconds left.
He used the Cenzo/Nick Lee inside trip to seal the deal. I’m not gonna lie, I was jumping around the living room with joy!!

Reactions: creamery freak
DT will be the fourth match up tomorrow morning, so probably around 5:30.

MuKc6Lc.jpg

Reactions: diggerpup
Bout numbers for tomorrow morning. Not sure how many mats they have going for that session. NBC Olympic site says 5:36 am ET for DT and 5:42 for HM.

My feed cut off with :20 to go so I missed the final TD. Cut both on Olympic Channel and NBC Olympics app. Sucked, but happy TG is still alive

How many lungers can this Ruskie steal off of the refs without getting hit with a caution?
I grew up watching the Olympic nonsense regarding figure skating and the Russians. Watched our BB team get screwed. It gets old. There is zero consistency. After the Greco-Roman match last night, I want to puke.

Gotta love wrestling! We had four timber fallers standing around a cell phone in Inchelium WA at fire camp watching our wrestlers.

My wife gave play by play on phone for DT first match but was able to watch the qtrs on phone. Setting alarm for 2:15 am.

Agsurfer we've had firefighters from all over the country helping including AZ. It's nice to have wrestling to think about something other than the next fire.

Had to laugh at John Smith's response when asked what USA should do to improve its Greco-Roman program - essentially "get the smart guys together and let them come up with some ideas".
LOL.

Reactions: nitlion6
Gotta love wrestling! We had four timber fallers standing around a cell phone in Inchelium WA at fire camp watching our wrestlers.

My wife gave play by play on phone for DT first match but was able to watch the qtrs on phone. Setting alarm for 2:15 am.

Agsurfer we've had firefighters from all over the country helping including AZ. It's nice to have wrestling to think about something other than the next fire.
You guys are what makes America and being an American great. Stay safe out there!

Yes, so it is one mat at a time in this session, so we have some time. The first semifinal is being introduced now, and there are two more after that before Taylor/Puna. Maroulis/Kawai immediately follows.

Reactions: Creek Side
Yes, so it is one mat at a time in this session, so we have some time. The first semifinal is being introduced now, and there are two more after that before Taylor/Puna. Maroulis/Kawai immediately follo'
The schedule says Taylor at 5:36am EDT. Can't wait!

Fantastic semi at 57kg ends in a fall by Ravi Kumar, who was down 9-3 and coming back hard against Sanayev, who had gassed really badly, requiring cold spray.

Uguev up now vs Iran, Gilman needs him to win here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT