ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Tom Loy put in a CB for Zakee Wheatley ATH/WR/S yesterday. I can't remember if Ghafir's was for undecided, meaning Loy's was for PSU or if Loy had one in before and changed his to undecided. Pretty sure it is the former and this is a new CB for Penn State.

As reported in a different thread; Mike Farrell just put in a CF (Commitment Forecast) for Rucci to PSU.

Tom Loy put in a CB for Zakee Wheatley ATH/WR/S yesterday. I can't remember if Ghafir's was for undecided, meaning Loy's was for PSU or if Loy had one in before and changed his to undecided. Pretty sure it is the former and this is a new CB for Penn State.

As reported in a different thread; Mike Farrell just put in a CF (Commitment Forecast) for Rucci to PSU.
speaking of:

and his dad:

"I'm going to try and get Kaden Prather, Dont’e Thornton, Demeioun Robinson for sure,” said Tengwall. “Tony Grimes. There are a lot of guys I'm trying to get. Nolan Rucci. I want all those guys."

Landon Tengwall from Tom Loy 247 article

Anyone else notice that Ohio $tate apparently has made a bid to buy the #2 overall, a DT, from Washington state? New crystal ball. I thought they were focused on trying to buy TreVeyon Henderson, the #1 RB from Hopewell, VA.

It really seems to me like they've gone on a huge spending spree this recruiting season.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Anyone else notice that Ohio $tate apparently has made a bid to buy the #2 overall, a DT, from Washington state? New crystal ball. I thought they were focused on trying to buy TreVeyon Henderson, the #1 RB from Hopewell, VA.

It really seems to me like they've gone on a huge spending spree this recruiting season.
As soon as the House passes the stimulus package our recruiting (OSU) will be even better. Why is there this obsession on the Board about OSU recruiting. Quit complaining and step up your recruiting efforts.There are plenty of great HS athletes around, especially for a blueblood program like yours.

Slim chance that Robinson stays committed to Maryland. Maryland is known to ask its top local players to commit to them with the sole purpose to increase exposure and attract other local players to commit to Maryland. However, Maryland knows that these top local players will decommit and go elsewhere when the time comes. Haskins and Kaindoh are two of these so-called players in recent years.

As soon as the House passes the stimulus package our recruiting (OSU) will be even better. Why is there this obsession on the Board about OSU recruiting. Quit complaining and step up your recruiting efforts.There are plenty of great HS athletes around, especially for a blueblood program like yours.
I would agree with you that the complaining about OSU gets old on here. Surely you would also agree with me that OSU is a program that historically cheats.

Slim chance that Robinson stays committed to Maryland. Maryland is known to ask its top local players to commit to them with the sole purpose to increase exposure and attract other local players to commit to Maryland. However, Maryland knows that these top local players will decommit and go elsewhere when the time comes. Haskins and Kaindoh are two of these so-called players in recent years.

I think Robinson is destined to be a Michigan Man!

It's just going to take one sleepover and boom! Maize and Gold it is!!!

Though I think Maryland hired a few guys close to Robinson, right?

It bewilders me why any stud recruit who has any desire to win would commit to a truly horrific head coach like Mike Locksley.

The guy can recruit. But he is one of the absolute worst P5 coaches in the land, and that program is going absolutely nowhere with him at the helm.

It's like Maryland has declared that getting some stud recruits is more important than getting a guy who can actually coach. Assuming that they can just roll the ball out there and win on talent alone. That's going to be a big mistake.

Though I think Maryland hired a few guys close to Robinson, right?

It bewilders me why any stud recruit who has any desire to win would commit to a truly horrific head coach like Mike Locksley.

The guy can recruit. But he is one of the absolute worst P5 coaches in the land, and that program is going absolutely nowhere with him at the helm.

It's like Maryland has declared that getting some stud recruits is more important than getting a guy who can actually coach. Assuming that they can just roll the ball out there and win on talent alone. That's going to be a big mistake.

I am completely on board with the sentiment that Locksely is absolutely a terrible coach, but just to play Devil’s advocate what are their other options? They tried the up and comer from a big program route. They are never going to finish above third or fourth in their own division. Maybe recruiting “wins” is best case scenario right now for them.

Last edited:
I am completely on bard with the sentiment that Locksely is absolutely a terrible coach, but just to play Devil’s advocate what are their other options? They tried the up and comer from a big program route. They are never going to finish above third or fourth in their own division. Maybe recruiting “wins” is best case scenario right now for them.

I understand the logic. Hope he gets a bunch of studs and that assistants can coach 'em up enough to win.

But that hardly ever works. At the end of the day, you need a coach who can recruit -- not a recruiter who can't coach.

We'll see if they get enough difference-makers to, well, make the difference. Until then, I'll enjoy the 50-something to 3 beatdowns.

I understand the logic. Hope he gets a bunch of studs and that assistants can coach 'em up enough to win.

But that hardly ever works. At the end of the day, you need a coach who can recruit -- not a recruiter who can't coach.

We'll see if they get enough difference-makers to, well, make the difference. Until then, I'll enjoy the 50-something to 3 beatdowns.

Franklin seems like a guy who understands the symbolic side of recruiting, so my expectation is that not only does he beat Maryland this year, but he keeps the hammer down the whole game again. Locksely is a negative recruiting master on the level of LJ. Having a reason to annihilate Maryland yearly at least keeps the game interesting.

Franklin seems like a guy who understands the symbolic side of recruiting, so my expectation is that not only does he beat Maryland this year, but he keeps the hammer down the whole game again. Locksely is a negative recruiting master on the level of LJ. Having a reason to annihilate Maryland yearly at least keeps the game interesting.

Wasn't Locks the one telling kids in the DMV that if they weren't going to go to Maryland, at least don't go to Penn State? I seemingly recall that message to Nick Cross, in particular.

So yeah, I imagine the 59-0 massacre last season was particularly sweet.

And right on cue, TreVeyon Henderson, #1 RB in the Country commits to Ohio State tonight, who knew.

someone told me tonight that he’s never even visited their campus .... than can’t be accurate, no???

It defies all reason and logic to believe that in the midst of an unprecedented pandemic which has mandated an enforced dead period that somehow O$U is still pulling in these recruits in a legal fashion. It’s like the crime syndicate no longer cares about getting bad press or the body count as long as the money keeps flowing. Smh. And maybe they should feel that way because after all who is going to stop them? The NCAA? Ohio journa... journali.... haha... I couldn’t even finish.

It defies all reason and logic to believe that in the midst of an unprecedented pandemic which has mandated an enforced dead period that somehow O$U is still pulling in these recruits in a legal fashion. It’s like the crime syndicate no longer cares about getting bad press or the body count as long as the money keeps flowing. Smh. And maybe they should feel that way because after all who is going to stop them? The NCAA? Ohio journa... journali.... haha... I couldn’t even finish.
It’s called FaceTime Todd. Check it out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT