ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Brian Dohn was a guest on the Lions247 podcast this week and I found his commentary to be pretty interesting - if not a bit confusing. He said people down on the '21 class have to realize that it's more a product of the recruiting cycle, not that CJF and the staff are doing a bad job. He also emphasized the inability to get kids on campus hurts a lot (we'll get back to this in a second...) as it is the single biggest attraction for recruits to Penn State (?). He also said unlike the '22 class, the '21 class has had more time (pre-covid) to visit schools and weigh their options. So, he seems to claim the '22 class (mostly PA kids) is trending up, but that the kids haven't had a chance to see a lot of other schools (and said most would take trips when they have the chance), and that being able to see/visit other schools was the main reason the '21 class wasn't up to snuff.

Dohn does seem to know his stuff and had a lot of good things to say about players like Lonnie White and Khalil Dinkins, but I don't get how one class is down because they were able to visit, the next is up because they can't visit, but will once they're able (I guess he feels more comfortable that they'll stay put?). Anyway, he also mentioned the QB running a lot in our system turning off some QB prospects in the past - any ideas as to who he was talking about?

I think Dohn is a Joke.

Hearing down here in Texas that the 4 star RB from Alabama is a lean to PSU with OK State a close second. Also possible he might surprise and stick with UCLA. Should be an interesting finish. He is an all state 5 A player in Alabama. 36 total offers......with OKST most likely losing its two top backs to the NFL.....watch out for them to make a strong...late...push.

Hearing down here in Texas that the 4 star RB from Alabama is a lean to PSU with OK State a close second. Also possible he might surprise and stick with UCLA. Should be an interesting finish. He is an all state 5 A player in Alabama. 36 total offers......with OKST most likely losing its two top backs to the NFL.....watch out for them to make a strong...late...push.

When I read the last article on him over on 247 I got the same impression that we would be his choice. Plus it makes sense. We don't have a RB commitment for 21. If he commits he can commute with Wallace! They're only 1 hr & 30 mins apart.

Reactions: whart
He was a heavy Penn State lean, all the way leading up to his Georgia commitment. Coronavirus and visit restrictions might have pushed him away from PSU, so if he’s back in play, flip him, CJF!

Game-changer. Even more offers than Ja’Quan Brisker, who was Lackawanna’s most hotly recruited defensive back in history.

He was a heavy Penn State lean, all the way leading up to his Georgia commitment. Coronavirus and visit restrictions might have pushed him away from PSU, so if he’s back in play, flip him, CJF!

PSU fans saw it that way, as did some analysts. However, others had indicated that he was a huge Georgia fan, and always spoke highly of them.

Nyland Green a 4-star (Rivals) CB/S prospect from Georgia verballed to Georgia two days ago.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Warren, Rucci, and Treveyon Henderson are the three guys I'd most love to flip to PSU. We need first round talent in the defensive backfield. I think Warren has that kind of talent.

Regardless if he's flipping or not, this is getting a bit bizarre. His second tweet of the day with a PSU graphic. As a committed prospect, kind of lame to do to the Georgia staff. Also, if he doesn't flip to PSU, pretty lame troll job to grab some attention before signing day.

Agree. Shit or get off of the pot.

Regardless if he's flipping or not, this is getting a bit bizarre. His second tweet of the day with a PSU graphic. As a committed prospect, kind of lame to do to the Georgia staff. Also, if he doesn't flip to PSU, pretty lame troll job to grab some attention before signing day.
well, you don't know that. He may have told GA that he was decommitting or GA may have told him to look elsewhere after getting a couple of HS kids to commit.

well, you don't know that. He may have told GA that he was decommitting or GA may have told him to look elsewhere after getting a couple of HS kids to commit.

I agree, I think GA may have told him to look elsewhere or he is putting pressure on the GA staff to show him the love. They have 5 DBs committed in the class, and the fact that he has not met the coaches in person or visited the school, he may be getting pushed out.

I agree, I think GA may have told him to look elsewhere or he is putting pressure on the GA staff to show him the love. They have 5 DBs committed in the class, and the fact that he has not met the coaches in person or visited the school, he may be getting pushed out.

Both of which can be done outside of the public eye.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT