ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Marcus Bradley, a 4 star DT from MD, committed to Vandy three days prior to them firing their coach.
He previously visited PSU.

I assume he will be back on our radar.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Marcus Bradley, a 4 star DT from MD, committed to Vandy three days prior to them firing their coach.
He previously visited PSU.

I assume he will be back on our radar.

I would be surprised if Bradley came back on our radar, because he dropped Penn State when Sean Spencer left Penn State. Supposedly Bradley and his high school teammate Robinson really liked Spencer but stopped considering Penn State once Spencer left.

Whatever became of the Drew Kendall recruitment? Kid is impressively athletic for an offensive lineman. It looks like his recruitment is down to BC, Duke, Michigan, and Stanford. Only BC is having a decent season. The kid is geared for academics. PSU wouldn't be a bad fit from that standpoint either.

Whatever became of the Drew Kendall recruitment? Kid is impressively athletic for an offensive lineman. It looks like his recruitment is down to BC, Duke, Michigan, and Stanford. Only BC is having a decent season. The kid is geared for academics. PSU wouldn't be a bad fit from that standpoint either.

You would figure Trout would have a huge advantage and relationship with this kid....yet we have heard nothing. I would say the for some reason or another the train has left the station on that kid.

At 260lb and playing poor competition, he better be extremely athletic. I think it’s a case where Rivals likes him more than big time coaches

Reactions: TheGLOV
Like I said weeks ago about Rooks; it is never a good thing when you are the leader in a recruitment and the recruit postpones his decision.

No one who follows recruiting closely should have expected Rooks to sign with PSU. As long as that meathead Rich Hansen remains at SPP (whether as coach or AD), we’re not getting a kid from there. And given his affinity for ND, perhaps he has good connection with Tom Loy, and it’s Loy who put out the 1st crystal ball for Rooks to BC.

In follow-up to my last message, I went back & researched recruits out of SPP in Rivals since 2004. 119 kids listed, many of whom didn’t sign anywhere. But of kids who did sign, 5 to ND & 5 to BC. Of course, not a single kid to PSU. I don’t think it’s a reach to say Hansen has some kind of issue with PSU, and just unfortunate that some of these kids don’t see through his obvious bias.

In follow-up to my last message, I went back & researched recruits out of SPP in Rivals since 2004. 119 kids listed, many of whom didn’t sign anywhere. But of kids who did sign, 5 to ND & 5 to BC. Of course, not a single kid to PSU. I don’t think it’s a reach to say Hansen has some kind of issue with PSU, and just unfortunate that some of these kids don’t see through his obvious bias.

You are right, Hansen definitely has an issue with Penn State, and it seems that he steers kids to the same two Catholic schools, Notre Dame and Boston College. It makes you wonder "what's in it for Hansen" to do this type of stuff.

Found an article that said he and future roommate Veilleux were 2 of 7 EEs. Any idea who the other 5 are?
From BWI:

Tengwall is expected to be one of a handful of players that arrive on campus when University Park begins classes again in January. Although some players still have to finalize a few details, he should be one of seven early enrollees.
OL Nate Bruce
CB Jeffrey Davis Jr.
QB Christian Veilleux
LB Kobe King
CB Kalen King
and
Saf. Zakee Wheatley
are all planning to join Tengwall

I thought it was a legitimate question. Kid doesn't even have a Penn State offer. I'd rather not have to filter through every other teams 2021 recruiting news in this thread.
With everyone crying about how bad our 2021 class is, is it horrifying to look at what's going on around us? Put me on block and you won't have to weed through jack shit. That goes for the whiner Rugger too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT