ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Yeah and it is really weird how Sutton drop like a stone in the rankings once he got a couple crystal balls to PSU. Right on que. Same with Givens the OT from Va was a high Five star looking like he was headed to Clemson but now PSU is back in it drops way down the rankings.
Don't know if it's as much the crystal ball to Penn State as it is not a crystal ball to one of the big five or six schools. After talking about recruiting with top 5 recruit from last year it's obvious that certain teams being in your top five make a difference in your ranking more than people think.
Even if you're not considering Bama but have an offer from them you're told to keep them in your top five or your ranking will drop.

Suckeyes picked up another 22 high star wr. That’s good for us in terms of Saunders I would assume.

From what I can tell, they're trying to take 3 WRs in this class, and Grayes is #2. So, room for one more. Not sure who they're prioritizing among their remaining targets, but Michigan fans are afraid they're going to swoop in and poach their top WR prospect (a top-100 kid out of Chicago). From what an OSU buddy has told me, their staff prefers a top-100 kid out of Georgia, but he appears to be leaning UGA. Saunders could then be in play.

(though it's hardly a slam dunk that Saunders would flip even if OSU came calling)

Last edited:
From what I can tell, they're trying to take 3 WRs in this class, and Grayes is #2. So, room for one more. Not sure who they're prioritizing among their remaining targets, but Michigan fans are afraid they're going to swoop in and poach their top WR prospect (a top-100 kid out of Chicago). From what an OSU buddy has told me, their staff prefers a top-100 kid out of Georgia, but he appears to be leaning UGA. Saunders could then be in play.

(though it's hardly a slam dunk that Saunders would flip even if OSU came calling)
OSU isn't in play for Saunders - they want him at DB and he's set on playing WR. ND is your problem.

Just listened to a podcast on Buckeye Grove, OSU is keeping contact with Saunders at WR, no mention of him playing DB.

OSU has recruited Saunders as a DB from the get-go, but that might be changing based on (1) them not likely getting the WR from Georgia, and (2) Saunders "blowing up" at camps.

Still remains to be seen if Saunders would flip to OSU, as many Buckeye fans assume. Might not be a valid assumption.

Just listened to a podcast on Buckeye Grove, OSU is keeping contact with Saunders at WR, no mention of him playing DB.
Nobody ever said Wolvie knows what’s he talking about, so this isn’t really earth shattering news. Even with all the talent they’ve corralled at wr they would be crazy not to keep in touch with him.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
Nobody ever said Wolvie knows what’s he talking about, so this isn’t really earth shattering news. Even with all the talent they’ve corralled at wr they would be crazy not to keep in touch with him.

Count me in the group of people not concerning himself with whether or not other schools are ‘keeping in touch’ with PSU recruits.

Who gives a sh!t

Good to hear.

I hate Notre Dame.

Strongly hate Notre Dame.

You get the picture.

:)
For the thousandth time, the more you talk about them, the more relevant you make them. They would not exist on this board if not for you, Glov. Not a surprise as you're some kind of UNC/Duke fan anyway.

BTW, I wouldn't post this constructive criticism without contributing some kind of actual content on the recruiting thread. Let's hope everyone follows the lead. Hint: less commentary, more info.

Good read for everyone here.

Saunders' sibling went through the recruiting process in a different sport - a staff change caused her schollie to be pulled at the last minute and the family then had to scramble.

He and his family definitely love PSU, but they aren't going to stop listening to other schools. Seems like OSU has evaluated him as a DB, which he didn't like. But OSU may offer him as an athlete to get him on campus with that type of speed + keep him away from PSU. This one will go to NSD.

Hell, anybody might offer anybody until signing. Perfect post for the ridiculousness of crystal ball day.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I hope these guys are right, or else they are just going to make themselves look like idiots. And yes I understand they are kids. Ken Talley was getting into some instagram battles earlier today (some College Recruiting social media sites have been publishing what Ken Talley said) by calling out two Ohio State commits and predicted they will decommit in the near future, and once again proclaiming that Penn State will have the #1 recruiting class when it is all said and done.

I hope these guys are right, or else they are just going to make themselves look like idiots. And yes I understand they are kids. Ken Talley was getting into some instagram battles earlier today (some College Recruiting social media sites have been publishing what Ken Talley said) by calling out two Ohio State commits and predicted they will decommit in the near future, and once again proclaiming that Penn State will have the #1 recruiting class when it is all said and done.

The way I see it, this is mostly harmless. Kids like to talk and hype themselves and their future teammates up. The trash talk with OSU commits probably isn't the best idea, but whatever.

Unless something dramatically unexpected occurs, no way we have the #1 class. Ohio State has 7 kids ranked higher than PSU's top-ranked commit. Including the #1 overall and 6 kids in the top-60 overall. And we know how Alabama builds monster classes late in the cycle. LSU and Georgia are both building loaded classes, and lead for some big time studs.

Even if PSU were to land Givens, Enai White, and Dennis-Sutton, that's nowhere close to #1.

But who cares? It would be a great class regardless.

Reactions: grinagrin
For the thousandth time, the more you talk about them, the more relevant you make them. They would not exist on this board if not for you, Glov. Not a surprise as you're some kind of UNC/Duke fan anyway.

BTW, I wouldn't post this constructive criticism without contributing some kind of actual content on the recruiting thread. Let's hope everyone follows the lead. Hint: less commentary, more info.

The way I see it, this is mostly harmless. Kids like to talk and hype themselves and their future teammates up. The trash talk with OSU commits probably isn't the best idea, but whatever.

Unless something dramatically unexpected occurs, no way we have the #1 class. Ohio State has 7 kids ranked higher than PSU's top-ranked commit. Including the #1 overall and 6 kids in the top-60 overall. And we know how Alabama builds monster classes late in the cycle. LSU and Georgia are both building loaded classes, and lead for some big time studs.

Even if PSU were to land Givens, Enai White, and Dennis-Sutton, that's nowhere close to #1.

But who cares? It would be a great class regardless.

Yep, Franklin won't get the #1 class by 247 composite standards. But if he gets a class with a average recruit rating above 91 and gets the quality and quantity at the positions of need (DE, OT, RB, QB) this could be a class that leads to wins on the field against even oh-high-ya..... And the players in this class would likely have more fun celebrating wins on the field than in the recruiting rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT