ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Bracket Release Thread

He had his head shaved and looked very much like a young Cael Sanderson at that time.
Ha. Have you seen his hair recently?

Foca_Chris_2022_crop.jpg

Ha. Have you seen his hair recently?

Foca_Chris_2022_crop.jpg
Yeah I saw him in person at CKLV and didn’t even recognize him! If I remember correctly, I think he also let his beard grow out a little bit. I’ll try to upload the photo that I took so you can see it. He’s wearing a hat so you can’t see his lack of hair at that time, but I really did think he looked a lot like Cael when he was the same age.

Presumably Teske will bump up a spot, and that will worsen his path to the quarters. Instead of Phillippi and Nagao, he will now open with Byrd and Colaiocco.

Reactions: zzs006
Unless they want to prevent same conference in 1st round. We will see.
they don't do this. the only way to prevent this would be to make oakley a top 23 seed. and if that's the case, why wouldn't he have already gotten a bid?

Reactions: ccdiver
SVN now gets Ethen Miller and a rematch with Paniro in R2

Edit: Jonathan Millner pulled out causing everyone to bump up. Meaning Gomez will not have Parco in R2 instead of Sammy Sasso

Edit: Jonathan Millner pulled out causing everyone to bump up. Meaning Gomez will not have Parco in R2 instead of Sammy Sasso
Won't it be Graham Rooks and Paniro Johnson? SVN had #20 Lovett so now he'll face Rooks who goes from 21 to 20?

Murin now opens with Abas.

Looking at the 197 brackets a bit closer today… neither the 2 or 3 seeds have the 15 matches needed for an RPI.

Reactions: diggerpup
Class of 2021 Big board, who's overachieving and who's underachieving?

SVN = 4th, Redshirt
Paniro = 62nd, Redshirt
Caleb Henson = 7th, (Class of 2022, true Frosh)

This week is the time to set things right!

PS - Paddy Gallagher #2 - what's going on in Columbus?

From you, you just don't know it yet Madden.

All kidding aside, Willie on Twitter
I see on Track where the 133 bracket has been updated, but the 149 bracket hasn't yet to reflect Millner being pulled, so I'm not sure who the new 33 seed at 149 is. Anyone know?

I see on Track where the 133 bracket has been updated, but the 149 bracket hasn't yet to reflect Millner being pulled, so I'm not sure who the new 33 seed at 149 is. Anyone know?

Trackwrestling has Demas listed as the alternate.

Reactions: jmadden1998
Here are all the alternates.

Demas, Dom Cal Poly 149
Dugan, Nate Princeton 184
McGill, Jared Edinboro 174
Molton, Anthony Campbell 125
Mora, Juan North Dakota State 285
Munguia, Enrique Kent State 165
Oakley, Ethan Appalachian State 133
Olivieri, Joe Rutgers 141
Robinson, Marcus Cleveland State 157
Willham, Nick Indiana 197

Here are all the alternates.

Demas, Dom Cal Poly 149
Dugan, Nate Princeton 184
McGill, Jared Edinboro 174
Molton, Anthony Campbell 125
Mora, Juan North Dakota State 285
Munguia, Enrique Kent State 165
Oakley, Ethan Appalachian State 133
Olivieri, Joe Rutgers 141
Robinson, Marcus Cleveland State 157
Willham, Nick Indiana 197
Damn, a former AA as an alternate 33 seed. It’s no worry for Yianni, but I’m sure some guys on the back side won’t be too happy to see his name in there.

Will have Paniro rd 2 instead of Henson. Loss there puts him on a path to Yahya in the blood rd.
He has Paniro then Henson instead of Henson then Paniro. SVN’s best path is to stay on the top side in this little section of freshmen who have never experienced nationals.

He has Paniro then Henson instead of Henson then Paniro. SVN’s best path is to stay on the top side in this little section of freshmen who have never experienced nationals.
Exactly and I'll take Caels preparation for this over any of the other coaches. Svn will be ready

Reactions: ccdiver
Dagnabit. I can't find the link to the google drive download for the editted brackets.
iu
Use this if you do: https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/2023-ncaa-wrestling-interactive-bracket.414570/

saves a ton of time and effort.

I hate the style matchup for PK.

I do think there's a path for Iowa to make it interesting. PK could end up with Olguin in the r12 and make a deep run. Assad is a one takedown match with Coleman/Munoz. Maybe he finally catches fire and makes the semis? Warner is capable of beating anybody in this bracket. Siebrecht's path to top 6 looks like Saldate, Scott, and Franek. I wouldn't pick him in any of those, but none of those guys are totally out of his league.

The problem is I see 4 finals locks for you guys. That's hard to deal with. Iowa has to be perfect.

Use this if you do: https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/2023-ncaa-wrestling-interactive-bracket.414570/

saves a ton of time and effort.

I hate the style matchup for PK.

I do think there's a path for Iowa to make it interesting. PK could end up with Olguin in the r12 and make a deep run. Assad is a one takedown match with Coleman/Munoz. Maybe he finally catches fire and makes the semis? Warner is capable of beating anybody in this bracket. Siebrecht's path to top 6 looks like Saldate, Scott, and Franek. I wouldn't pick him in any of those, but none of those guys are totally out of his league.

The problem is I see 4 finals locks for you guys. That's hard to deal with. Iowa has to be perfect.
The spreadsheet is pretty great, but realize that they still haven't updated it for 149, so maybe check to see that they've done that before downloading. I updated my own version downloaded last week, but you have to know your way around Excel to add and delete wrestlers; I think three or four separate pages need to be modified.

The spreadsheet is pretty great, but realize that they still haven't updated it for 149, so maybe check to see that they've done that before downloading. I updated my own version downloaded last week, but you have to know your way around Excel to add and delete wrestlers; I think three or four separate pages need to be modified.
There are only two places that need to be fixed.

1. Fix the list of wrestlers on the WeightClassList tab
2. Add the wrestler within the correct team on the Full Alpha List (cols E & F)

I think everything else is a formula. Instead of changing the seed numbers on WeightClassList, I just copied everyone from the guy below the withdrawn wrestler down to 33 up a spot and added the new guy at the bottom as a (34). The brackets will be correct, just the seed numbers won't match up (i.e. SVN is still shown as the (13) but is now correctly in the 12 spot on the bracket on the 149 tab).

There are only two places that need to be fixed.

1. Fix the list of wrestlers on the WeightClassList tab
2. Add the wrestler within the correct team on the Full Alpha List (cols E & F)

I think everything else is a formula. Instead of changing the seed numbers on WeightClassList, I just copied everyone from the guy below the withdrawn wrestler down to 33 up a spot and added the new guy at the bottom as a (34). The brackets will be correct, just the seed numbers won't match up (i.e. SVN is still shown as the (13) but is now correctly in the 12 spot on the bracket on the 149 tab).
I had to tweak something on the Wrestlers sheet as well, because it didn't automatically adjust to the two modifications you're referencing above, but that could've had something to do with the order I did things, and also the fact that I added a sheet to run a contest off the results, which referenced the Wrestlers page. But thanks for the helpful clarification.

Reactions: Callthestall
Who are the ex-PSU wrestlers in the tournament? I'm rooting for all of them (except Teske, LOL).

133: Teske
149: Verk
197: Beard

Is there anyone else I'm forgetting?

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT