ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Olympics Wrestling (merged)

As a Catholic I am no less offended and perplexed to see the mockery of the Last Supper especially in a country that is supposededly heavy in the Catholic faith. That said, yesterday's display is no less inappropriate and out of place than AB's remark towards Muslims after he won Nationals.

The quote: "“It’s everything. Christ resurrections and everything. Not just his life, but his death and resurrection,” Mr Brooks said. “You can only get that through him, it will be spread only through him. No false prophets, no Muhammad nor anyone else. Only Jesus Christ himself.”

Anyway, time to move on.

Everyone's allowed to be offended. However, let's not pretend that ridiculing religion is anything new. It's a time tested artform.

Reactions: js8793
The biggest news out of tonight is that anyone still watches the Olympics Opening Ceremony.
I watched it to finally see a clean Seine that will have athletes in it. The sh%t above is who the French are. Personally, I don't need that at a sporting event, and I'm beyond tired of having it shoved down my throat.

However, it's their opening act, and they can do what they want. That doesn't mean it's good for ratings.

Back to the original discussion as to whether AB participated in the opening ceremony, it's hardly anything new or earth-shattering. I'm not even sure why anyone brought it up.

Reactions: mhlarch and Pinfan
Back to the original discussion as to whether AB participated in the opening ceremony, it's hardly anything new or earth-shattering. I'm not even sure why anyone brought it up.
This is true. Time to think about gold medals.

Reactions: mhlarch
Check out video of the opening ceremonies of the 2022 Commonwealth Games in England. Looks to me like they brought back Baal and worshipping of the "beast" in that one... although they do it under the veil of slavery and oppression. Thank you but think I can and will get carried. As a Christian I'm taught of this happening more and more the closer to the end of days. Now go ahead and mock me for my beliefs. I'm taught that will happen more and more as well...

or you could listen to the commentary when they inform you that bulls were fought in that place for centuries and the entire routine is a tribute and moment of reconciliation to those who were oppressed (the workers and the bulls).

like i said, it’s theatre kid stuff. this isn’t a modern phenomena. artists have been doing this stuff for centuries. for some reason, people are reverting back to a medieval peasant mindset where they see signs of cosmic evil in everything.

true evil doesn’t announce itself in grand ceremonies.

As a Catholic I am no less offended and perplexed to see the mockery of the Last Supper especially in a country that is supposededly heavy in the Catholic faith. That said, yesterday's display is no less inappropriate and out of place than AB's remark towards Muslims after he won Nationals.

The quote: "“It’s everything. Christ resurrections and everything. Not just his life, but his death and resurrection,” Mr Brooks said. “You can only get that through him, it will be spread only through him. No false prophets, no Muhammad nor anyone else. Only Jesus Christ himself.”

Anyway, time to move on.
Your perspective is about two magnitudes off. A few hundred thousand, at most heard AB's statement. Several billion have seen/heard or will see/hear this spectacle in Paris.

Last edited:
or you could listen to the commentary when they inform you that bulls were fought in that place for centuries and the entire routine is a tribute and moment of reconciliation to those who were oppressed (the workers and the bulls).

like i said, it’s theatre kid stuff. this isn’t a modern phenomena. artists have been doing this stuff for centuries. for some reason, people are reverting back to a medieval peasant mindset where they see signs of cosmic evil in everything.

true evil doesn’t announce itself in grand ceremonies.
Yeah...you can go with that. I on the otherhand choose to believe that it's evil that puts what looks to be a 10 to 12 year old child in the middle of a tyranny fest mocking my religion..

Yikes. Hope that's not the case. Did you read that somewhere?
No. Just a wild guess outside the box.

Would AB have known about the theatrics in advance of it actually taking place though?

Who in their right mind would think "let's mimic the Last Supper in the Opening Ceremonies", let alone make it drag queens. I just don't see the point to the skit.

Your perspective is about two magnitudes off. A few hundred thousand, at most heard AB's statement. Several billion have seen/heard or will see/here of this spectacle in Paris.
1) I doubt it

2) Has nothing to do with both being inappropriate/in bad taste

Everyone's allowed to be offended. However, let's not pretend that ridiculing religion is anything new. It's a time tested artform.
iu

That you're just going to be the latest who is wrong.
Btw, why do you think I even care if the end of days are near or not. Doesn't matter to me one way or another. I know my fate and WHEN it happens really is of no consequence to me other than when Ill finally be in the presence of my Lord. I do worry and pray for loved ones though, where it could mean everything to them..

Last edited:
Spoiler alert for those that might be recording.

USA women's water polo put the beat down on Greece. South Africa-Australia for bronze was an epic rugby match!

Reactions: WildTurk
I did not watch. I will make a point to watch the wrestling. Between the IOC corruption and the 49 minutes of commercials per hour it is all I can do to watch the wrestling.

With that said, my question is what was the mockery of religion? I hope all the carrying on isn't because the trans community is somehow not allowed to celebrate Christ.

Your perspective is about two magnitudes off. A few hundred thousand, at most heard AB's statement. Several billion have seen/heard or will see/here of this spectacle in Paris.
But yet it was said anyway. Words matter, especially by such an important wrestler who influences hundreds, probably thousands of young wrestlers.

Reactions: dbldoofus
But yet it was said anyway. Words matter, especially by such an important wrestler who influences hundreds, probably thousands of young wrestlers.
Again, a few hundread thousand, at absolute most, heard or read about AB's remark. Billions have already seen, heard about, or will see and hear about the opening ceremony circus. There is no comparison.

I did not watch. I will make a point to watch the wrestling. Between the IOC corruption and the 49 minutes of commercials per hour it is all I can do to watch the wrestling.

With that said, my question is what was the mockery of religion? I hope all the carrying on isn't because the trans community is somehow not allowed to celebrate Christ.
They weren't celebrating Christ. They were mocking a significant event to Christians to normalize whatever it is that you want to call their condition. Not sure how you could interpret it otherwise.

They weren't celebrating Christ. They were mocking a significant event to Christians to normalize whatever it is that you want to call their condition. Not sure how you could interpret it otherwise.
They recreated a famous painting depicting an event in Christianity. A painting that is often depicted or recreated.

Whether this instance was "mockery" is in the eye of the beholder.

Btw, why do you think I even care if the end of days are near or not. Doesn't matter to me one way or another. I know my fate and WHEN it happens really is of no consequence to me other than when Ill finally be in the presence of my Lord. I do worry and pray for loved ones though, where it could mean everything to them..
you brought it up dude

Our constitution guarantees freedom of Religion. It also guarantees freedom from Religion. I keep checking this post to see what is new about 2024 OLYMPIC WRESTLING. Perhaps we can focus on the second part or start a different thread instead of arguing about what another country is doing to offend/entertain us. Thanking you in advance. Sincerely........He who wants to read about Olympic wrestling.

I don't think it ought to be that controversial, the artist that made the painting they were reenacting was also a pretty well established homosexual.

I don't think it ought to be that controversial, the artist that made the painting they were reenacting was also a pretty well established homosexual.

How controversial do you feel it would have been if those same people reenacted a Khutbah on Eid al-Fitr instead? Just good clean entertainment because the producer of said feces was homosexual?

Qadi_Abbasid_-_Maqamat_Harir_1237.jpg

I find it difficult to believe there was some sort of concerted effort to mock Christianity orchestrated into the opening ceremony of the Olympics.
I find it much easier to believe the perceived offense is the community who was celebrating Christ. I just never knew the celebration of Christ could be perceived offensive if the celebration involved the wrong kind of people. My bad.

I find it difficult to believe there was some sort of concerted effort to mock Christianity orchestrated into the opening ceremony of the Olympics.
I find it much easier to believe the perceived offense is the community who was celebrating Christ. I just never knew the celebration of Christ could be perceived offensive if the celebration involved the wrong kind of people. My bad.
It is the wrong kind of people, you’re exactly right. Was that supposed to be your “gotcha” response?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT