ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Olympics Wrestling (merged)

How controversial do you feel it would have been if those same people reenacted a Khutbah on Eid al-Fitr instead? Just good clean entertainment because the producer of said feces was homosexual?
Producing feces during a reenactment would make me feel that it was controversial no matter the sexual orientation of the pooper.

As a Catholic I am no less offended and perplexed to see the mockery of the Last Supper especially in a country that is supposededly heavy in the Catholic faith. That said, yesterday's display is no less inappropriate and out of place than AB's remark towards Muslims after he won Nationals.

The quote: "“It’s everything. Christ resurrections and everything. Not just his life, but his death and resurrection,” Mr Brooks said. “You can only get that through him, it will be spread only through him. No false prophets, no Muhammad nor anyone else. Only Jesus Christ himself.”

Anyway, time to move on.

Yeah no. There is a difference between a testamentary disputation and gratuitous insults.

The reality is that they might very well have chosen another creed, but they also might have risked getting Charlie Hebdoed.

Our constitution guarantees freedom of Religion. It also guarantees freedom from Religion. I keep checking this post to see what is new about 2024 OLYMPIC WRESTLING. Perhaps we can focus on the second part or start a different thread instead of arguing about what another country is doing to offend/entertain us. Thanking you in advance. Sincerely........He who wants to read about Olympic wrestling.
Great point!

Wrong thread for this, no politics or religion!

This goes for you too Mr. Brooks!

Our angels are our demands too!

okay let’s not get carried away here. that was just weird theatre kid stuff, not a satanic ritual.

I get this perspective. Mocking all things Christianity has become so prevalent in popular media that it has come to be discounted as mere theater kid stuff. If a similar display had been directed at an analogous Islamic symbol there would likely be international rioting and Islamic nations may well have withdrawn their teams from the Olympics. But the world has become numb to the pot shots at Christians, who tend not to riot.
Whether this instance was "mockery" is in the eye of the beholder.

No, it’s not reasonably debatable. Even non-Christians will have little difficulty recognizing this as mockery.

I get this perspective. Mocking all things Christianity has become so prevalent in popular media that it has come to be discounted as mere theater kid stuff. If a similar display had been directed at an analogous Islamic symbol there would likely be international rioting and Islamic nations may well have withdrawn their teams from the Olympics. But the world has become numb to the pot shots at Christians, who tend not to riot.

No, it’s not reasonably debatable. Even non-Christians will have little difficulty recognizing this as mockery.
And with this I’m not watching. I’ll find out what happens without giving them ratings.

I watched it to finally see a clean Seine that will have athletes in it. The sh%t above is who the French are. Personally, I don't need that at a sporting event, and I'm beyond tired of having it shoved down my throat.

However, it's their opening act, and they can do what they want. That doesn't mean it's good for ratings.
I won’t watch any of the Olympics.

Our constitution guarantees freedom of Religion. It also guarantees freedom from Religion. I keep checking this post to see what is new about 2024 OLYMPIC WRESTLING. Perhaps we can focus on the second part or start a different thread instead of arguing about what another country is doing to offend/entertain us. Thanking you in advance. Sincerely........He who wants to read about Olympic wrestling.
This is in France , your constitution does not apply there. However, if they choose to do something in these opening ceremonies, we can be fitted by it. This is the opening of a sporting event. Many people will be offended by this, there’s no reason for another trans drag show to appeal to a very small minority to population at a sporting event.

Jillian Michaels, a noted fitness expert who happens to be gay, tweeted that she thinks it is a very bad look for the LGBTQ community. She says we want to tear down walls and this is building them up. She was very critical.

Ever been around a gay pride celebration? My sister graduated from Harvard in 1991 and during the few days we were up there for her graduation we took a tour of Boston. It was during their gay pride parade.

I was there with my wife, my sister, my mother and my grandmother. The behavior we saw was pretty obnoxious. I don’t have any problem with someone wants to do in her own private home however they have to take this public and they have to shock you, try to offend you. Well, they offended me.

Paris experienced a few power outages so they fired up the gas-lighting. Nothing to see here folks, so I guess I will take their advice.

Ever been around a gay pride celebration? My sister graduated from Harvard in 1991 and during the few days we were up there for her graduation we took a tour of Boston. It was during their gay pride parade.

I was there with my wife, my sister, my mother and my grandmother. The behavior we saw was pretty obnoxious. I don’t have any problem with someone wants to do in her own private home however they have to take this public and they have to shock you, try to offend you. Well, they offended me.
All riled up after a night of tuning into other news sources to avoid watching the Olympics...
tommy boy GIF

Mocking Christian rituals is part of the Satanic religion. It’s literally right from their playbook.

There’s no need to put anything quasi-religious and something like this, there’s no need to have drag queen doing something like this, and an open ceremony, in fact, there’s no need for opening ceremony nonsense.

It is directly mocking a Christian ritual, the holy communion. You don’t want to see that that’s OK, but I’m not watching any Olympic stuff. I’ll get the results and be able to watch it down the road on some YouTube channel.
Let’s be straight about it (no pun intended). The Olympics is nothing more than a jingoistic extravaganza used by 1st world narcissistic countries to promote their superiority. I recently finished a college lecture series (video) about Freedom that related much of the origins of the Olympic Games. What we see (if we chose to watch) today is diametrically opposed to the original concepts of humble honor. Now …. I’m not gonna say that this is all automatically bad, but, IF I wanted to be entertained in this manner I’d head on down to the local titty bar.

This is in France , your constitution does not apply there. However, if they choose to do something in these opening ceremonies, we can be fitted by it. This is the opening of a sporting event. Many people will be offended by this, there’s no reason for another trans drag show to appeal to a very small minority to population at a sporting event.
This is NOT France. I am sitting in America and typing in English. My post was a plea to keep this thread about Olympic wrestling and take the religion comments to their own thread. I have re-read it several times and can't figure out why that is not clear to you. Next time I will type slower......:)

No, I personally wouldn't have a problem with it. I am sure there are plenty of religious zealots of that flavor who would be just as unhinged by it as you are.
Funny! I have already stated that I am an atheist, but because I respect people's religious choices and find what they did at the Olympics offensive you label me an unhinged religious zealot. You are dumb as well as having no taste or tact. Adios! The ignore function for you.

I suppose. I just wasn't aware there were proper people who are allowed to celebrate Christ, and wrong types of people who are not. I missed all these rules when they were teaching them.
Maybe some peope have a problem of those
flaunting and being prideful of their sin to celebrate Christ. Since society (not God) seems to be trying to make it acceptable, think I'll head over to the Bada Bing and hand out Gospel tracts while I shove dollar bills in girls *ss cracks...

BTW, I just saw an interview with the idiot that put that mess together. He said nothing about Christ or celebrating Christ. His intention was to make people aware and accepting of their sin. And he did it by trying to fool us into believing that Christ accepts their sin so we should too...

Last edited:
Maybe some peope have a problem of those
flaunting and being prideful of their sin to celebrate Christ. Since society (not God) seems to be trying to make it acceptable, think I'll head over to the Bada Bing and hand out Gospel tracts while I shove dollar bills in girls *ss cracks...

BTW, I just saw an interview with the idiot that put that mess together. He said nothing about Christ or celebrating Christ. His intention was to make people aware and accepting of their sin. And he did it by trying to fool us into believing that Christ accepts their sin so we should too...
Pretty sure Christ never thought enough of homosexuality to waste his breath on the subject. Yet some Christians feel very free in speaking on his behalf on the subject.

Pretty sure Christ never thought enough of homosexuality to waste his breath on the subject. Yet some Christians feel very free in speaking on his behalf on the subject.
I could argue that for hours using scripture from both the Old Testanent and New but think I'll spare the board and get back to wrestling.

lol come on man… That’s some expert level mental gymnastics. You could come up with a million things Jesus didn’t explicitly say were wrong. He outlined how things were and reiterated many times that he was not there to abolish God’s law but fulfill it. The laws surrounding sexual immorality and adulterous behaviors where plainly understood.

If I tell you of the commandment to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength and second to love your neighbor as yourself… do I need to tell you not to worship xy&z trendy idols / gods or not to covet your neighbors wife, home, boat etc?? Do I need to explain that jealous rage and vindictive behavior towards that neighbor is wrong??? even if you do it in imaginative ways that may not be specifically listed in the Gospel?

Last edited:
Gluttony is feeling ignored.
Yeah man it’s a struggle. That second plate is a real problem lol.

That said… I at least know it’s wrong and will never say otherwise. I’m not pridefully indulging in and defending my sin to fit my wants and desires. There is a major difference between struggles / failing in righteousness and choosing to live in sin.

lol come on man… That’s some expert level mental gymnastics. You could come up with a million things Jesus didn’t explicitly say were wrong. He outlined how things were and reiterated many times that he was not there to abolish God’s law but fulfill it. The laws surrounding sexual immorality and adulterous behaviors where plainly understood.

If I tell you of the commandment to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength and second to love your neighbor as yourself… do I need to tell you not to worship xy&z gods or not to covet your neighbors wife, home, boat etc?? Do I need to explain that jealous rage and vindictive behavior towards that neighbor is wrong??? even if you do it in imaginative ways that may not be specifically listed in the Gospel?
No mental gymnastics on my part at all. Adultery is a subject explicitly discussed by God and Christ, homosexuality not brought up explicitly at all. Based on the silliness of some folks you would swear Christ or God himself somehow said sin is bad, but homosexuality is really bad.

It cracks me up that Christ was rarely for a loss of words on subjects close to his heart, yet on this subject it was so apparent he need not address it. It was just so obvious it was understood. Now that is an example of gyrating the mind so it fits a desired narrative.

Considering he collected followers from all aspects of society, it is beyond silly to assume amongst his followers were everybody except members of the homosexual population. It is also a true lack of understanding if it is believed homosexuals are not welcome.

I could argue that for hours using scripture from both the Old Testanent and New but think I'll spare the board and get back to wrestling.
Not sure what the Old Testament would have to do with what Christ thought about it.

There are no references to homosexuality in the Gospel, so
No mental gymnastics on my part at all. Adultery is a subject explicitly discussed by God and Christ, homosexuality not brought up explicitly at all. Based on the silliness of some folks you would swear Christ or God himself somehow said sin is bad, but homosexuality is really bad.

It cracks me up that Christ was rarely for a loss of words on subjects close to his heart, yet on this subject it was so apparent he need not address it. It was just so obvious it was understood. Now that is an example of gyrating the mind so it fits a desired narrative.

Considering he collected followers from all aspects of society, it is beyond silly to assume amongst his followers were everybody except members of the homosexual population. It is also a true lack of understanding if it is believed homosexuals are not welcome.
To amplify this, I see an awful lot of people posting offense about homosexuality, while I have never seen a post here about fornication or adultery. Considering in the New Testament - you know, based on the teachings of Christ - the minimal mentions of homosexuality are in the context of including it with these like sins, I'm not sure why there are not more protests on this thread decrying the oft-described sexual morality of the Olympic village. But I guess that's just good 'ol boys having fun.

**MODERATOR COMMENT: the ongoing religious discussions in this thread is going to stop. This thread will be will locked for a period of 24 hours and when it is unlocked on Monday evening, any additional posts with religious references will be deleted along with possible Warnings being assigned to User profiles.

**Please use the CURRENT EVENTS board for any discussions related to the aforementioned religious topics. This thread is for discussing the Olympic sports and Wrestling.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know folks are upset or pissed regarding the Olympics, but my God, watching Team USA Women's Gymnastics today is an absolute gift! Watching Simone is an absolute gift to witness. I literally cried when we won the gold. I'll never miss greatness like this!
Shit! You just spoiled it. I am going to go tell the wife... Well if I really want some edge of my seat intense drama, I can always go back to Bo's Wednesday weekly recruiting updates.

Yesterday's Men's gymnastics event was awesome too. Cool to see Stephen Nedoroscik from PSU with the clinching pommel horse at the very end seal their first medal in 16 years.

Also watching the last 10 seconds of US Women's Rugby today was pretty incredible too. My first time watching rugby and it got me stoked.

I know folks are upset or pissed regarding the Olympics, but my God, watching Team USA Women's Gymnastics today is an absolute gift! Watching Simone is an absolute gift to witness. I literally cried when we won the gold. I'll never miss greatness like this!
Spoiler alert for Ranger Dan!🙂

• Haha
Reactions: amattaro
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT