ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal

Kysen has 2 years of eligibility left. Covid year, medical redshirt, etc. Redding isn’t making 133 again. Diversent is not the project many think he is based off recent information from the room. Bigger questions is if he could make 125, but I’m expecting him to. If ech can’t make 141, bigger frost will battle Redding for the spot
If Terukina is back in their lineup next year, it’ll make them that much better. He proved last year that he’s dangerous. He took out Barnett and Poulin amongst others and he’s a 3x NQ. Diversent has the goods to make noise based off of what we know about him right now. I could see Echemendia moving up to 149 because he looked huge at 141 last year. Swiderski is the one of the two I’d guess to take a RS. If he’s growing as rumored, he’d have a year to acclimate to his new weight class and be ready to roll in 25-26.

I’d like to see how they match up with Iowa. This seems like it’s one of the strongest ISU teams Dresser has ever put out on the mat.

Last edited:
Reactions: stuclone
This is a shock to some of the GIA “insiders”.

I don’t envy the Iowa fans having to sift through some of their phony insiders. @js8793 and others having fun with Gobblin and Multi Hawk among others
I think everybody on HR knew Carroll was going to ISU. The insiders were talking about a different transfer.

I think everybody on HR knew Carroll was going to ISU. The insiders were talking about a different transfer.
Offseason rumors are fun, there's probably smoke to it, whether minor or major, who knows. But it's the running rampant with dreams afterwards that is enjoyable for me to follow. For example, Teemer to Iowa ... okay I could buy that. Then that soon becomes "I bet him and Parco can get Figs also and we can change Alirez mind after he sees our team and then I bet AJ behaves himself and takes the 197 spot end of the season"

Reactions: Ski and Nitlion1986
Offseason rumors are fun, there's probably smoke to it, whether minor or major, who knows. But it's the running rampant with dreams afterwards that is enjoyable for me to follow. For example, Teemer to Iowa ... okay I could buy that. Then that soon becomes "I bet him and Parco can get Figs also and we can change Alirez mind after he sees our team and then I bet AJ behaves himself and takes the 197 spot end of the season"
They are delusional. Elite hs kids are going elsewhere, wrestlers are no longer beating down the door to go to Iowa yet to them every transfer wants to go there. I think timing totally kicked them in the balls with Taylor losing and OSU nabbing him for themselves. I think Iowa is one of the other programs Taylor would love to resurrect. Unfortunately for them, that contract extension to Brands that I laughed at came back to bite them. That and Taylor ending his Senior career earlier than we anticipated. I love how things just keep shaking out for the Hawkeyes.

They are delusional. Elite hs kids are going elsewhere, wrestlers are no longer beating down the door to go to Iowa yet to them every transfer wants to go there. I think timing totally kicked them in the balls with Taylor losing and OSU nabbing him for themselves. I think Iowa is one of the other programs Taylor would love to resurrect. Unfortunately for them, that contract extension to Brands that I laughed at came back to bite them. That and Taylor ending his Senior career earlier than we anticipated. I love how things just keep shaking out for the Hawkeyes.
Make sure you copy and paste your post on GIA too! 😈

• Haha
Reactions: johnstownsteel
Taylor's senior career only ended three months early. Iowa should have been ready when he lost and pounced. Their loyalty to Brands, while admirable in one sense, may bite them in the backside for many years. They only have themselves to blame.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Taylor's senior career only ended three months early. Iowa should have been ready when he lost and pounced. Their loyalty to Brands, while admirable in one sense, may bite them in the backside for many years. They only have themselves to blame.
Yeah, maybe but imo the Taylor loss made him available to coach this year instead of next or the year after. Remember their fans getting pissed that PSU fans were telling them we hope theyd extend Brands for 10 years? It's funny to look back on.. ha

idk if that’s how i’d characterize the thread. teemer, figs and alirez were brought up as guesses because the inside alluded to the transfer being a finalist. it wasn’t “once we get Teemer then these other guys will follow.”

and most people are having fun joking about how premature the teemer talk is. it’s not. great example of HR gone crazy imo. just a normal offseason thread.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Bartelt could end up at 184. But depth is a major key to building a contender. Penn State is the pinnacle of depth, I like what Iowa State is doing to get talent in to at least mimic that to a much smaller extent
Definitely, maybe a few teams will out point them at nationals but I don’t see this much depth anywhere besides Penn State. Some of those John Smith teams from 5-10 years ago seemed to have 15 or so guys that could all American.

Reactions: stuclone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT