ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Bat signal of Lasch Bash up!

Looked like he could use some work on footwork, that said with his athleticism I'm sure it won't be a problem
I don't know. His video shows him getting out of a lot of traffic in the backfield. And his SPARQ scores are very impressive.

Levis' tape is very good and he's physically built for college already. Reminds me a lot of Stevens but offense doesn't rely on mobility as much

Probably flying under the radar in a state like Connecticut
This is my biggest concern....not a lot of good (let alone great) football being played in New England. His offer sheet is growing, but looks like he's more of a project than some others already on campus.

It is fair to recruit until signing day. As long as there is no chicanery .....A young man gets one opportunity to chase his dream. A coaching staff is doing due diligence to stay in touch until the ink is dry on a LOI. If I am a salesman, I want to check in with you until you have made your purchase. PSU wouldn't have Barkley or McSorley if it were not for de commits.

I have no problem with a school going after a kid who is committed. If a kid is unsure, he shouldn't have committed. Having said that, if he has dream school that offers then I can't really blame him for backing out. You only get one shot.

I do have an issue with a college (up north, for example) that pulls an offer after a kid has committed. I also have an issue with a kid who reneges on an offer the day before signing. I also have an issue with a kid who commits to a "safety school"...i.e. a kid who de-commits but then lists 5 other favorites none of which are the original school to which he committed (unless something happened that made him really question that school).

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Some questions:
  1. What is his mobility like? Thought CJF wanted mobile QBs!?
  2. Do other schools have five QBs on scholarship like PSU may in 2018?
  3. Does this mean Jake is a likely transfer?

Watch his workout video listed by Judge above ... runs a 4.8 40 and 4.1 shuttle impressive for a guy that big. He is quite mobile and agile

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Some questions:
1. Excellent
2. Depends on philosophy ....JF wants at least 4.
3. IMO yes.

He can make the throws. My guess was the "test" this weekend was on accuracy/consistency, which you can't judge from highlights.

My only reservation is whether a big tall pocket QB is ideal for the PSU system.

But there's a highlight at 1:30 that's impressive -- he's getting serious pressure and he steps up and away from pass rushers while keeping eyes downfield and making the throw. There are some QBs for big time programs (Wilton Spieght) who can't do that.

Levis is just not built quick. But if he has the peripheral vision and spatial intelligence to step out of a pass rusher's path, that goes a long way.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/will-levis-49626

This is my biggest concern....not a lot of good (let alone great) football being played in New England. His offer sheet is growing, but looks like he's more of a project than some others already on campus.

Which is fine he is not going to play for several years. Impressive athlete and let the coaches work on his footwork and throwing motion.

1. Excellent
2. Depends on philosophy ....JF wants at least 4.
3. IMO yes.
When a player transfers because he can't see himself "on the field" it means the program has an upgrade at his position.
Akeel Lynch left because he couldn't see himself getting PT at PSU. No hard feelings and sincere best wishes but it is the coaching staff's obligation to get better with every recruiting cycle.

Looking at his film, he has some good escapability but different system.....and he had 30 TDs the only 5 picks so know he's responsible with the ball right away.

Challenge for Levis is going to be comparisons to Fields, which isn't fair. When Fields decommitted I didn't lose any sleep over it because that position is in great hands with the current depth chart so there is quite ample time for Levis to learn the ropes of the system. His 40 and shuttle times show he's quite fast for his size so think any worries about mobility are unfounded

Looking at his film, he has some good escapability but different system.....and he had 30 TDs the only 5 picks so know he's responsible with the ball right away.

Challenge for Levis is going to be comparisons to Fields, which isn't fair. When Fields decommitted I didn't lose any sleep over it because that position is in great hands with the current depth chart so there is quite ample time for Levis to learn the ropes of the system. His 40 and shuttle times show he's quite fast for his size so think any worries about mobility are unfounded
By the time Levis is a candidate for playing time, the Fields star may or may not be a focus. I recall when the sky fell over Wimbush. He has yet to make an impact and TM took us to a Rose Bowl.

The star system is a great thing for fans and a proven money maker for someone. Today, coaches look at hours and hours of tape and have the advantage of seeing talent at camps and even on their own campuses to make their own evaluations. The mental makeup of a young man is critical as well. If you are looking at recruiting a 5 star who already has one foot in the NFL....you might be inclined to offer a 4 star who will give you both his feet and the rest of his skill at your university.

The Beav is filling up with great new recruits...

DEquuLUXkAExgc5

Where there's a Will

There's a way!

DEGaZkWXUAAaP8_

First ever QB to win Nike Football Rating MVP.

Also, I now have the highest score of all QBs in the nation.

Thank you to everyone involved!

Last edited:
Reactions: A2Nit
The star system is a great thing for fans and a proven money maker for someone. Today, coaches look at hours and hours of tape and have the advantage of seeing talent at camps and even on their own campuses to make their own evaluations. The mental makeup of a young man is critical as well. If you are looking at recruiting a 5 star who already has one foot in the NFL....you might be inclined to offer a 4 star who will give you both his feet and the rest of his skill at your university.
Bama and OSU disagree.

Bama and OSU disagree.
Are you saying OSU and Bama don't make their own evaluations?
or that they don't care if a 5 star recruit isn't willing to commit fully to their programs? My guess is that both schools do their own evaluations and may very well concur with the ratings and in addition look at the mental makeup of their potential players to insure they will be totally committed to their college programs.

Are you saying OSU and Bama don't make their own evaluations?
or that they don't care if a 5 star recruit isn't willing to commit fully to their programs? My guess is that both schools do their own evaluations and may very well concur with the ratings and in addition look at the mental makeup of their potential players to insure they will be totally committed to their college programs.
I was responding to your comment about emphasizing a 4* over a 5* b/c 5* wanted to go to NFL. Bama and OSU don't seem to care if players leave early.

I was responding to your comment about emphasizing a 4* over a 5* b/c 5* wanted to go to NFL. Bama and OSU don't seem to care if players leave early.
I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. Every kid wants to go to the NFL. You don't want to recruit kids who in their minds are already there.

The beauty of where PSU FB is personnel wise at QB.....3 or 4 or even 5 years can give any athlete time to be "coached up." Think of the physical difference alone between a 17 year old and a 21 year old male!

Some questions:

1. Had a great shuttle time, but average speed.
2. CJF is on record as wanting 5 scholarship QB's on the roster. CJF runs PSU football, so who cares what other programs do?
3. Leave Jake and CJF worry about Jake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT